Golden Krust CEO Reportedly Committed Suicide Amid Fears Of Tax Probe
Jamaican-born businessman Lowell Hawthrone, the founder and CEO of the Golden Krust Caribbean Bakery & Grill reportedly took his own life on Saturday amid fears over tax debt.
Media outlets based in New York say that prior to his death, the 57-year-old Hawthorne had informed some relatives about his tax predicament.
A report by the New York Post says surveillance video shows Hawthorne shooting himself in the head inside the Golden Krust bakery and warehouse in The Bronx.
The report says Hawthorne killed himself amid fears he was being investigated by the feds for evading millions of US dollars in taxes.
According to the report, a source in law enforcement also says Hawthorne was “acting funny” and “talking to himself” in the hours before his suicide.
He reportedly left a note in which he apologised to relatives before committing suicide.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Leon Bailey Named In Provisional Reggae Boyz Squad For 2020 Olympic Qualifiers - February 24, 2018
- Live Oil Seeps Discovered In Jamaica! - February 23, 2018
- Two Charged For Murder Of Elderly Jamaican-Canadian Couple - February 22, 2018
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez Visit Jamaica For His Dad’s Wedding - February 21, 2018
- Fire Destroys Historic Methodist Church In St Ann - February 21, 2018
- Jamaican Man Labelled A Hero After Saving Young Girl From Vicious Pit Bull In Florida - February 20, 2018
- Jamaica’s Female Bobsleighers Complete Impressive Run At Winter Olympics - February 20, 2018
- Leon Bailey Steals Ball Off Defender, Evades Goalkeeper To Score - February 19, 2018
- Jimmy Cliff’s Daughter In Marvel’s Black Panther Movie - February 18, 2018
- Victim In Florida Mass Shooting Reportedly Has Jamaican Roots (Updated) - February 16, 2018