Golden Krust CEO Reportedly Committed Suicide Amid Fears Of Tax Probe
Jamaican-born businessman Lowell Hawthrone, the founder and CEO of the Golden Krust Caribbean Bakery & Grill reportedly took his own life on Saturday amid fears over tax debt.
Media outlets based in New York say that prior to his death, the 57-year-old Hawthorne had informed some relatives about his tax predicament.
A report by the New York Post says surveillance video shows Hawthorne shooting himself in the head inside the Golden Krust bakery and warehouse in The Bronx.
The report says Hawthorne killed himself amid fears he was being investigated by the feds for evading millions of US dollars in taxes.
According to the report, a source in law enforcement also says Hawthorne was “acting funny” and “talking to himself” in the hours before his suicide.
He reportedly left a note in which he apologised to relatives before committing suicide.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Woman Hides Her Face With Comical Emoji Mask When Collecting Lottery Winnings - June 17, 2018
- Teenaged Boy Charged For Cassava Piece Murder – JCF - June 16, 2018
- 7-Yr-Old Boy Dies In Tragic Freak Accident At School - June 14, 2018
- Pharmaceutical Society Of Jamaica Expresses Concern About Counterfeit Medicines - June 13, 2018
- Statue of Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Now In Jamaica - June 13, 2018
- Usain Bolt’s Superb Goal Disallowed In Football Game At Old Trafford - June 12, 2018
- Wayne Marshall Announces Death Of His Father In Touching Social Media Post - June 11, 2018
- Fraser-Pryce Wins 100-Metre Event At Racers Grand Prix - June 10, 2018
- Prime Minister Makes Historic Appearance At G7 Summit! - June 9, 2018
- Shelly-Ann Fraser Pryce Is Back On Track At The JN Racers Grand Prix Live On 1spotmedia Pay- Per- View - June 8, 2018