Golden Krust CEO Reportedly Committed Suicide Amid Fears Of Tax Probe
Jamaican-born businessman Lowell Hawthrone, the founder and CEO of the Golden Krust Caribbean Bakery & Grill reportedly took his own life on Saturday amid fears over tax debt.
Media outlets based in New York say that prior to his death, the 57-year-old Hawthorne had informed some relatives about his tax predicament.
A report by the New York Post says surveillance video shows Hawthorne shooting himself in the head inside the Golden Krust bakery and warehouse in The Bronx.
The report says Hawthorne killed himself amid fears he was being investigated by the feds for evading millions of US dollars in taxes.
According to the report, a source in law enforcement also says Hawthorne was “acting funny” and “talking to himself” in the hours before his suicide.
He reportedly left a note in which he apologised to relatives before committing suicide.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- More Casinos To Boost Tourism In Jamaica? - September 19, 2018
- Isaac Dissipates - September 15, 2018
- Isaac To Hit Lesser Antilles, Not Currently A Threat To Jamaica - September 12, 2018
- Ideal Selections For Your BTTS Tips - September 10, 2018
- ‘Nick’s Seasonings’ Gives Back To Sligoville Community - September 7, 2018
- How Technology Has Made The World Smaller By Creating Remote Working Environments - September 4, 2018
- “Oh What A Finish!” Leon Bailey Scores Cracker For Leverkusen - September 3, 2018
- Elderly Jamaican Man Arrested In Florida After Setting Fire To Raccoon Which Ate His Mangoes - August 30, 2018
- Chas. E. Ramson Limited. Cushions Infant Care Costs With ‘Kiss Baby’ Diaper Donations - August 26, 2018
- JCDC, Patrick Kitson Launch Dual Art Exhibition In Kingston - August 14, 2018