Body Of US Model Found With Throat Slashed In St James
The body of a New York model was reportedly found with her throat slashed along Long Hill, St James on Sunday morning.
She has been identified as 26-year-old Desiree Gibbon of Queens, New York.
A report by the New York Daily News says Gibbon’s ambition took her to Jamaica in search of work to save money for film school.
Police say Gibbon came to Jamaica in October and was given a three month visa.
According to Loop Jamaica, Gibbon obtained a Tax Registration Number (TRN) and was actively seeking employment after arriving in Jamaica.
Her body was reportedly caked with blood when it was discovered by residents in bushes.
A GoFundMe page has been set up to help cover the transportation of her body back to the United States as well as funeral costs.
A possible motive has not yet been ascertained for the killing.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- More Casinos To Boost Tourism In Jamaica? - September 19, 2018
- Isaac Dissipates - September 15, 2018
- Isaac To Hit Lesser Antilles, Not Currently A Threat To Jamaica - September 12, 2018
- Ideal Selections For Your BTTS Tips - September 10, 2018
- ‘Nick’s Seasonings’ Gives Back To Sligoville Community - September 7, 2018
- How Technology Has Made The World Smaller By Creating Remote Working Environments - September 4, 2018
- “Oh What A Finish!” Leon Bailey Scores Cracker For Leverkusen - September 3, 2018
- Elderly Jamaican Man Arrested In Florida After Setting Fire To Raccoon Which Ate His Mangoes - August 30, 2018
- Chas. E. Ramson Limited. Cushions Infant Care Costs With ‘Kiss Baby’ Diaper Donations - August 26, 2018
- JCDC, Patrick Kitson Launch Dual Art Exhibition In Kingston - August 14, 2018