Body Of US Model Found With Throat Slashed In St James
The body of a New York model was reportedly found with her throat slashed along Long Hill, St James on Sunday morning.
She has been identified as 26-year-old Desiree Gibbon of Queens, New York.
A report by the New York Daily News says Gibbon’s ambition took her to Jamaica in search of work to save money for film school.
Police say Gibbon came to Jamaica in October and was given a three month visa.
According to Loop Jamaica, Gibbon obtained a Tax Registration Number (TRN) and was actively seeking employment after arriving in Jamaica.
Her body was reportedly caked with blood when it was discovered by residents in bushes.
A GoFundMe page has been set up to help cover the transportation of her body back to the United States as well as funeral costs.
A possible motive has not yet been ascertained for the killing.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- D&G Foundation Pumps 4.2 Million Into HEART Trust NTA Youth Development Programme - December 13, 2017
- Dancehall Artiste Mineral Boss Shot Dead In Caymanas Bay - December 13, 2017
- A New T20 Record! The ‘Universe Boss’ Smashes 146 Off 69 Balls (18 Sixes) - December 12, 2017
- Jamaica’s Edmund Bartlett Named Caribbean Tourism Minister of the Year - December 12, 2017
- Three Die After Gunmen Callously Attack Mourners At Funeral In Kingston - December 11, 2017
- Flash Flood Watch In Effect For Northern And Southeastern Parishes - December 11, 2017
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Delivers Two Assists In Leverkusen Win - December 10, 2017
- Jamaicans Driving Support Against Paediatric Cancer - December 9, 2017
- Missing US National Found - December 8, 2017
- Police Seek Public’s Help To Find Missing US National - December 7, 2017