Body Of US Model Found With Throat Slashed In St James
The body of a New York model was reportedly found with her throat slashed along Long Hill, St James on Sunday morning.
She has been identified as 26-year-old Desiree Gibbon of Queens, New York.
A report by the New York Daily News says Gibbon’s ambition took her to Jamaica in search of work to save money for film school.
Police say Gibbon came to Jamaica in October and was given a three month visa.
According to Loop Jamaica, Gibbon obtained a Tax Registration Number (TRN) and was actively seeking employment after arriving in Jamaica.
Her body was reportedly caked with blood when it was discovered by residents in bushes.
A GoFundMe page has been set up to help cover the transportation of her body back to the United States as well as funeral costs.
A possible motive has not yet been ascertained for the killing.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- US-Born Citizen Nearly Deported To Jamaica - December 7, 2018
- First Solo Art Exhibition For Maia Chung At Reggae Mill - December 4, 2018
- Dalton Harris Wins The X Factor - December 2, 2018
- Reggae Music Added To Global Cultural Heritage List - December 1, 2018
- Jamaican Dalton Harris Advances To X Factor Finals - November 26, 2018
- NRSC Commends Government On Passing Of Road Traffic Act 2018 - November 23, 2018
- Jamaica Defeats USA To Qualify For Rugby League World Cup - November 21, 2018
- Jamaican Dalton Harris Delivers Incredible Rendition Of Beyonce’s ‘Listen’ On X Factor UK - November 18, 2018
- Stunning Furnished Home For RENT In Stonebrook Estate - November 12, 2018
- Jamaican Author Dwight Thompson Delivers Hard-Hitting Coming-Of-Age Tale With Debut Novel - November 11, 2018