Body Of US Model Found With Throat Slashed In St James
The body of a New York model was reportedly found with her throat slashed along Long Hill, St James on Sunday morning.
She has been identified as 26-year-old Desiree Gibbon of Queens, New York.
A report by the New York Daily News says Gibbon’s ambition took her to Jamaica in search of work to save money for film school.
Police say Gibbon came to Jamaica in October and was given a three month visa.
According to Loop Jamaica, Gibbon obtained a Tax Registration Number (TRN) and was actively seeking employment after arriving in Jamaica.
Her body was reportedly caked with blood when it was discovered by residents in bushes.
A GoFundMe page has been set up to help cover the transportation of her body back to the United States as well as funeral costs.
A possible motive has not yet been ascertained for the killing.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Getting De-Inked: Why Jamaicans Are Rethinking Their Tattoos - March 20, 2018
- Jay Z, Beyonce Visit Jamaica - March 20, 2018
- State Of Public Emergency Declared In St. Catherine North Police Division - March 19, 2018
- Plans In Place To Make Port Royal Jamaica’s Next Big Cruise Destination - March 18, 2018
- Jamaican Among Six Killed In Bridge Collapse At Florida University - March 17, 2018
- Police Seize Over 1000 Rounds Of Assorted Ammunition In Cemetery – JCF - March 16, 2018
- Lisa Hanna – “Trump’s Tariffs Could Hurt Jamaica Badly!” - March 15, 2018
- 20 Million Streams On Spotify For Devin Di Dakta - March 15, 2018
- Jamaican Artiste Sues Miley Cyrus For US$300 Million Over ‘We Can’t Stop’ - March 14, 2018
- US$500 Round Trip Flights From Jamaica To Germany Now Being Offered - March 14, 2018