Body Of US Model Found With Throat Slashed In St James
The body of a New York model was reportedly found with her throat slashed along Long Hill, St James on Sunday morning.
She has been identified as 26-year-old Desiree Gibbon of Queens, New York.
A report by the New York Daily News says Gibbon’s ambition took her to Jamaica in search of work to save money for film school.
Police say Gibbon came to Jamaica in October and was given a three month visa.
According to Loop Jamaica, Gibbon obtained a Tax Registration Number (TRN) and was actively seeking employment after arriving in Jamaica.
Her body was reportedly caked with blood when it was discovered by residents in bushes.
A GoFundMe page has been set up to help cover the transportation of her body back to the United States as well as funeral costs.
A possible motive has not yet been ascertained for the killing.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- 100 People Killed In First 20 Days Of 2018 - January 22, 2018
- Primary School To Be Renamed For Veronica Campbell Brown - January 22, 2018
- Three Members Of Family Killed In St Thomas - January 21, 2018
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Scores Cheeky Back-Heel Goal For Bayer Leverkusen - January 20, 2018
- Canadian, British Tourists In St James Urged To Stay Within Resorts - January 20, 2018
- Former West Indies Youth Cricketer Of The Year Xavier Marshall To Represent The USA - January 19, 2018
- Major Military Operation In St James - January 18, 2018
- Bolt To Donate $1 Million To Children’s Home Following Deadly Fire - January 17, 2018
- Mobay Man Charged For Quadruple Murder - January 17, 2018
- Jamaica To Send First Women’s Bobsleigh Team To Olympics - January 16, 2018