A New T20 Record! The ‘Universe Boss’ Smashes 146 Off 69 Balls (18 Sixes)
Jamaica and West Indies batsman Chris Gayle on Tuesday used his ‘big bat’ to smash an unbeaten 146 off just 69 balls to help propel the Rangpur Riders to victory over Dhaka Dynamites in the Bangladesh Premier League.
The self proclaimed ‘Universe Boss’, 38, smashed 18 sixes during his incredible run and has set a new Twenty20 record in the process.
Gayle held the previous T20 record of 17 sixes in a single innings, a feat he accomplished in a 2013 match for Royal Challengers Bangalore against Pune Warriors in the Indian Premier League.
He has now amassed the highest score in a T20 final and is the first player to pass 11,000 runs in Twenty20s.
Rangpur made 206-1 in their twenty overs with Gayle’s help. In reply, Dhaka made 149-9 .
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Historic! Jamaica’s Reggae Girlz Qualify For The 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup - October 18, 2018
- Reggae Boy Luton Shelton Afflicted With ALS Disease - October 13, 2018
- Alia Atkinson Scares World Record - October 6, 2018
- Jamaica, Russia Sign Reciprocal Visa Waiver Agreement - October 2, 2018
- Buju’s Post Prison Tour In The Works - September 26, 2018
- More Casinos To Boost Tourism In Jamaica? - September 19, 2018
- Isaac Dissipates - September 15, 2018
- Isaac To Hit Lesser Antilles, Not Currently A Threat To Jamaica - September 12, 2018
- Ideal Selections For Your BTTS Tips - September 10, 2018
- ‘Nick’s Seasonings’ Gives Back To Sligoville Community - September 7, 2018