A New T20 Record! The ‘Universe Boss’ Smashes 146 Off 69 Balls (18 Sixes)
Jamaica and West Indies batsman Chris Gayle on Tuesday used his ‘big bat’ to smash an unbeaten 146 off just 69 balls to help propel the Rangpur Riders to victory over Dhaka Dynamites in the Bangladesh Premier League.
The self proclaimed ‘Universe Boss’, 38, smashed 18 sixes during his incredible run and has set a new Twenty20 record in the process.
Gayle held the previous T20 record of 17 sixes in a single innings, a feat he accomplished in a 2013 match for Royal Challengers Bangalore against Pune Warriors in the Indian Premier League.
He has now amassed the highest score in a T20 final and is the first player to pass 11,000 runs in Twenty20s.
Rangpur made 206-1 in their twenty overs with Gayle’s help. In reply, Dhaka made 149-9 .
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Three Members Of Family Killed In St Thomas - January 21, 2018
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Scores Cheeky Back-Heel Goal For Bayer Leverkusen - January 20, 2018
- Canadian, British Tourists In St James Urged To Stay Within Resorts - January 20, 2018
- Former West Indies Youth Cricketer Of The Year Xavier Marshall To Represent The USA - January 19, 2018
- Major Military Operation In St James - January 18, 2018
- Bolt To Donate $1 Million To Children’s Home Following Deadly Fire - January 17, 2018
- Mobay Man Charged For Quadruple Murder - January 17, 2018
- Jamaica To Send First Women’s Bobsleigh Team To Olympics - January 16, 2018
- Jamaican Singer Diana King Weds Her Partner Mijanne Webster - January 16, 2018
- More Than 20 People Hospitalised Following Collision In St Thomas - January 15, 2018