A New T20 Record! The ‘Universe Boss’ Smashes 146 Off 69 Balls (18 Sixes)
Jamaica and West Indies batsman Chris Gayle on Tuesday used his ‘big bat’ to smash an unbeaten 146 off just 69 balls to help propel the Rangpur Riders to victory over Dhaka Dynamites in the Bangladesh Premier League.
The self proclaimed ‘Universe Boss’, 38, smashed 18 sixes during his incredible run and has set a new Twenty20 record in the process.
Gayle held the previous T20 record of 17 sixes in a single innings, a feat he accomplished in a 2013 match for Royal Challengers Bangalore against Pune Warriors in the Indian Premier League.
He has now amassed the highest score in a T20 final and is the first player to pass 11,000 runs in Twenty20s.
Rangpur made 206-1 in their twenty overs with Gayle’s help. In reply, Dhaka made 149-9 .
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Bolt To Train With Australian A-League Side Central Coast Mariners - July 17, 2018
- Accident Claims Life Of UWI Student In St Mary - July 16, 2018
- Jamaica’s Briana Williams Secures Rare Sprint Double At World U20 Championships - July 14, 2018
- Petrol Prices Surge Locally - July 12, 2018
- Protoje Tops Billboard Reggae Chart - July 11, 2018
- Kartel Possibly One Step Closer To Freedom - July 9, 2018
- Elderly Man Suspected Of Committing Suicide In Kingston - July 8, 2018
- Kartel’s Appeal Trial To Commence Next Week - July 6, 2018
- Jamaican-American Actress Sheryl Lee Ralph Inducted Into ICS Wall Of Fame - July 4, 2018
- Zero Murders In St Ann Last Month - July 3, 2018