A New T20 Record! The ‘Universe Boss’ Smashes 146 Off 69 Balls (18 Sixes)
Jamaica and West Indies batsman Chris Gayle on Tuesday used his ‘big bat’ to smash an unbeaten 146 off just 69 balls to help propel the Rangpur Riders to victory over Dhaka Dynamites in the Bangladesh Premier League.
The self proclaimed ‘Universe Boss’, 38, smashed 18 sixes during his incredible run and has set a new Twenty20 record in the process.
Gayle held the previous T20 record of 17 sixes in a single innings, a feat he accomplished in a 2013 match for Royal Challengers Bangalore against Pune Warriors in the Indian Premier League.
He has now amassed the highest score in a T20 final and is the first player to pass 11,000 runs in Twenty20s.
Rangpur made 206-1 in their twenty overs with Gayle’s help. In reply, Dhaka made 149-9 .
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- How To Use The Internet For Additional Earnings - April 26, 2018
- Shaggy Performs At Queen Elizabeth’s Birthday Party - April 24, 2018
- Oil And Gas 3D Seismic Survey Nearly 50 Percent Complete - April 22, 2018
- Solange Knowles Writes Thank You Letter To Jamaica - April 21, 2018
- Canadian Politician Sparks Outrage With Remarks About Jamaicans, Later Apologises - April 20, 2018
- Health Ministry Reports Steep Rise In Obesity Among 13-15 Year Olds - April 19, 2018
- Counterfeit Goods Valuing Over $100 Million Seized, Two Chinese Nationals Arrested - April 18, 2018
- Jamaicans Among Thousands From Caribbean To See Their Status Legalised In The UK - April 17, 2018
- Murders Down By Nearly 80 Percent In St James Under State Of Emergency - April 16, 2018
- 27 Medals For Jamaica At 2018 Commonwealth Games - April 15, 2018