Watson Leads As WED Ambassador Jamaica And Caribbean For Fourth Year
A. Cecile Watson, Women’s Entrepreneurship Day (WED) Ambassador – Jamaica and Caribbean Region leader will host WED on November 08 for its fourth consecutive year here in Jamaica.
The event, entitled WE Summit and with its theme: Turning Point – IT from GRIT, will be a forum to empower, celebrate and support women in business. The event has attracted keynote speakers of the calibre of Chris Zacca, the recently appointed Sagicor Group head, and UK-based branding and colourology expert, Flavilla Fongang, founder of 3 Colours Rule. Zacca will address the audience on why empowered women and empowering women is good business, and Fongang will explore the merits of gender parity as a strategy for driving and sustaining brand impact and relevance.
Watson, on a mission to build better business and build business better, shared that the WED forum of previous years has proven to be a potent environment for women in business to network and establish contacts that are meaningful for them to meet their business objectives. But she sees its potential to be even more far-reaching. She said: “Women’s Entrepreneurship Day can be an important catalyst in building a community of influence in Jamaica and the region with the common interest to drive initiatives in support of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals that were adopted by the United Nations in September 2015 and in which empowerment of women and girls is embedded.” Watson’s hope is that through the WED community, she will be able to elevate the conversation in Jamaica about how corporate entities intend to participate in meeting these goals that bring to centre stage issues relating to alleviation of extreme poverty and the fighting of inequality and justice, inter-alia.
WED has also attracted a powerful lineup of local speakers who will contribute on November 8, as follows:
· HER Stories (As She Lives IT): Santana Morris – Jamaica Intensive Reading Clinic, Christelle Harris – Everglades Farms, and Michelle Smith – Chocolate Dreams will share as women founders. Sheree Martin – JPSCo Executive, Natalie Fearon – PwC Regional PR manager, and Christine Day – Jamaican Olympic athlete who will make her debut on the stage will share as leading ladies
· Table Talk – a Voice for HER: Sandra Glasgow – Angel Investor, Camille Facey – President, International Women’s Forum – Jamaica Chapter, Emma Lewis – Writer & Blogger, and Sagicor Executive Janice Taffe Grant.
Whilst in Jamaica, Fongang will collaborate with Watson to deliver two sessions on branding:
· November 7: 7:30 am – 10:00 am: A Breakfast Lecture on Personal Branding that is especially for C-Suite leaders, Professionals and Athletes.
· November 09: 9:00 am – 3:30 pm: Branding for Influence and Growth, an interactive brand accelerator workshop for SME’s and Marketing Professionals.
Sponsors for the Women’s Entrepreneurship Day are Sagicor Bank, Jamaica Observer, Pitch& Choose, Mercedes-Benz, Terra Nova All Suites Hotel, Carita Jamaica and Lifespan Spring Water.
All events will be held at Terra Nova All Suites Hotel. For tickets and further information about participating in any or all of these events, visit: acecilewatson.com or call: 405-09531.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Woman Hides Her Face With Comical Emoji Mask When Collecting Lottery Winnings - June 17, 2018
- Teenaged Boy Charged For Cassava Piece Murder – JCF - June 16, 2018
- 7-Yr-Old Boy Dies In Tragic Freak Accident At School - June 14, 2018
- Pharmaceutical Society Of Jamaica Expresses Concern About Counterfeit Medicines - June 13, 2018
- Statue of Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Now In Jamaica - June 13, 2018
- Usain Bolt’s Superb Goal Disallowed In Football Game At Old Trafford - June 12, 2018
- Wayne Marshall Announces Death Of His Father In Touching Social Media Post - June 11, 2018
- Fraser-Pryce Wins 100-Metre Event At Racers Grand Prix - June 10, 2018
- Prime Minister Makes Historic Appearance At G7 Summit! - June 9, 2018
- Shelly-Ann Fraser Pryce Is Back On Track At The JN Racers Grand Prix Live On 1spotmedia Pay- Per- View - June 8, 2018