Murders So Far This Year Surpass Total Homicides For 2016
The number of people who have been killed in Jamaica since the beginning of the year has already surpassed the figure for all of 2016.
Crime figures indicate that between January 1 and November 4, 1359 people were killed. This equates to a 26 per cent increase over the same time frame in 2016.
1350 homicides were recorded throughout the entire year of 2016 in Jamaica.
So far this year, 103 women,and 1200 men have been killed in a violent manner.
A more detailed look at the figures reveals that 48 children and eight members of the Jamaica Constabulary Force have been killed since the beginning of the year.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- 100 People Killed In First 20 Days Of 2018 - January 22, 2018
- Primary School To Be Renamed For Veronica Campbell Brown - January 22, 2018
- Three Members Of Family Killed In St Thomas - January 21, 2018
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Scores Cheeky Back-Heel Goal For Bayer Leverkusen - January 20, 2018
- Canadian, British Tourists In St James Urged To Stay Within Resorts - January 20, 2018
- Former West Indies Youth Cricketer Of The Year Xavier Marshall To Represent The USA - January 19, 2018
- Major Military Operation In St James - January 18, 2018
- Bolt To Donate $1 Million To Children’s Home Following Deadly Fire - January 17, 2018
- Mobay Man Charged For Quadruple Murder - January 17, 2018
- Jamaica To Send First Women’s Bobsleigh Team To Olympics - January 16, 2018