Murders So Far This Year Surpass Total Homicides For 2016
The number of people who have been killed in Jamaica since the beginning of the year has already surpassed the figure for all of 2016.
Crime figures indicate that between January 1 and November 4, 1359 people were killed. This equates to a 26 per cent increase over the same time frame in 2016.
1350 homicides were recorded throughout the entire year of 2016 in Jamaica.
So far this year, 103 women,and 1200 men have been killed in a violent manner.
A more detailed look at the figures reveals that 48 children and eight members of the Jamaica Constabulary Force have been killed since the beginning of the year.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Weather – More Rain On The Horizon For Jamaica - November 24, 2017
- Andre Blake, Kemar Lawrence, Theodore Whitmore Shortlisted For CONCACAF Awards - November 23, 2017
- Starbucks Opens First Store In Jamaica - November 21, 2017
- BREAKING: Ninja Man, Co-accused Found Guilty Of Murder - November 20, 2017
- Woman, Daughter Killed In St James - November 20, 2017
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Scores Fifth Goal For Bayer Leverkusen - November 20, 2017
- Atkinson Maintains Unbeaten Streak In 50m Breaststroke As FINA Swimming Short Course World Cup Concludes - November 19, 2017
- Jamaica’s Solange Sinclair Makes Miss World Top 10 - November 18, 2017
- The Impact of Reggae on Worldwide Culture - November 17, 2017
- American Man Detained After Allegedly Sexually Assaulting Minor At Resort In Jamaica - November 16, 2017