Murders So Far This Year Surpass Total Homicides For 2016
The number of people who have been killed in Jamaica since the beginning of the year has already surpassed the figure for all of 2016.
Crime figures indicate that between January 1 and November 4, 1359 people were killed. This equates to a 26 per cent increase over the same time frame in 2016.
1350 homicides were recorded throughout the entire year of 2016 in Jamaica.
So far this year, 103 women,and 1200 men have been killed in a violent manner.
A more detailed look at the figures reveals that 48 children and eight members of the Jamaica Constabulary Force have been killed since the beginning of the year.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Getting De-Inked: Why Jamaicans Are Rethinking Their Tattoos - March 20, 2018
- Jay Z, Beyonce Visit Jamaica - March 20, 2018
- State Of Public Emergency Declared In St. Catherine North Police Division - March 19, 2018
- Plans In Place To Make Port Royal Jamaica’s Next Big Cruise Destination - March 18, 2018
- Jamaican Among Six Killed In Bridge Collapse At Florida University - March 17, 2018
- Police Seize Over 1000 Rounds Of Assorted Ammunition In Cemetery – JCF - March 16, 2018
- Lisa Hanna – “Trump’s Tariffs Could Hurt Jamaica Badly!” - March 15, 2018
- 20 Million Streams On Spotify For Devin Di Dakta - March 15, 2018
- Jamaican Artiste Sues Miley Cyrus For US$300 Million Over ‘We Can’t Stop’ - March 14, 2018
- US$500 Round Trip Flights From Jamaica To Germany Now Being Offered - March 14, 2018