Jamaican Leon Bailey Named Bundesliga Player Of The Month By Prominent Football Website
Jamaican footballer Leon Bailey was recently named Player of the Month for October by the popular football website BundesligaFanatic.com.
The 20-year-old has already made quite an impact in German’s top flight despite appearing in just 16 games for his club Bayer Leverkusen.
The youngster is already being credited as being one of the driving forces behind Leverkusen’s rise in the Bundesliga, which sees them just three points shy the top four.
He was was arguably the Man of the Match in a recent 2-2 home draw with Wolfsburg and scored the goal that put Leverkusen 2-1 up in the 5-1 comeback win against Borussia Mönchengladbach.
He also earned Man of the Match for his efforts against Köln in the 2-1 Rheinderby win where he scored the equalising goal with a fantastic finish after getting pass keeper Timo Horn.
And Heiko Herrlich – Leverkusen’s manager has already offered high praises for Bailey saying:
“Leon is a weapon! He has unbelievable speed, a strong finish, and is incredibly difficult to defend. We are very satisfied with him.”
Bailey returns to the field on Saturday when Leverkusen hosts 2nd place RB Leipzig.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- 100 People Killed In First 20 Days Of 2018 - January 22, 2018
- Primary School To Be Renamed For Veronica Campbell Brown - January 22, 2018
- Three Members Of Family Killed In St Thomas - January 21, 2018
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Scores Cheeky Back-Heel Goal For Bayer Leverkusen - January 20, 2018
- Canadian, British Tourists In St James Urged To Stay Within Resorts - January 20, 2018
- Former West Indies Youth Cricketer Of The Year Xavier Marshall To Represent The USA - January 19, 2018
- Major Military Operation In St James - January 18, 2018
- Bolt To Donate $1 Million To Children’s Home Following Deadly Fire - January 17, 2018
- Mobay Man Charged For Quadruple Murder - January 17, 2018
- Jamaica To Send First Women’s Bobsleigh Team To Olympics - January 16, 2018