Jamaican Dollar Strengthens Greatly Against US Greenback
The Bank of Jamaica (BOJ) has revealed that the local dollar revalued by 25 cents against the US greenback on Thursday.
In what was one of the strongest revaluations in a single day, the dollar closed at $126.75 from $126.90 on the previous trading day.
On Thursday, the Canadian dollar closed at $100.03 from $99.65 while the British Pound Sterling closed at $166.19 from $166.02.
In September the local currency reached a record low of $131.31 against the US. but since then, has mainly remained on a path which suggests further strengthening.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- JCDC, Patrick Kitson Launch Dual Art Exhibition In Kingston - August 14, 2018
- CSEC Results Show Significant Improvement Over Last Year - August 13, 2018
- Jamaican Dollar Flies Past $136 Against US - August 10, 2018
- Asphalt Supplies Now Available – Petrojam - August 9, 2018
- Alia Atkinson To Receive Order Of Distinction - August 7, 2018
- Police Recover Stolen Goats in Clarendon - August 6, 2018
- Foreign Exchange: J$135.46 To One US Dollar - August 4, 2018
- Ruffi Drops Music Video For His Hit Single ‘Survive’ - August 1, 2018
- Power Star Applies For Jamaican Citizenship - July 31, 2018
- Yendi Phillipps Gets Baptised - July 30, 2018