Jamaican Dollar Strengthens Greatly Against US Greenback
The Bank of Jamaica (BOJ) has revealed that the local dollar revalued by 25 cents against the US greenback on Thursday.
In what was one of the strongest revaluations in a single day, the dollar closed at $126.75 from $126.90 on the previous trading day.
On Thursday, the Canadian dollar closed at $100.03 from $99.65 while the British Pound Sterling closed at $166.19 from $166.02.
In September the local currency reached a record low of $131.31 against the US. but since then, has mainly remained on a path which suggests further strengthening.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Getting De-Inked: Why Jamaicans Are Rethinking Their Tattoos - March 20, 2018
- Jay Z, Beyonce Visit Jamaica - March 20, 2018
- State Of Public Emergency Declared In St. Catherine North Police Division - March 19, 2018
- Plans In Place To Make Port Royal Jamaica’s Next Big Cruise Destination - March 18, 2018
- Jamaican Among Six Killed In Bridge Collapse At Florida University - March 17, 2018
- Police Seize Over 1000 Rounds Of Assorted Ammunition In Cemetery – JCF - March 16, 2018
- Lisa Hanna – “Trump’s Tariffs Could Hurt Jamaica Badly!” - March 15, 2018
- 20 Million Streams On Spotify For Devin Di Dakta - March 15, 2018
- Jamaican Artiste Sues Miley Cyrus For US$300 Million Over ‘We Can’t Stop’ - March 14, 2018
- US$500 Round Trip Flights From Jamaica To Germany Now Being Offered - March 14, 2018