Jamaican Dollar Strengthens Greatly Against US Greenback
The Bank of Jamaica (BOJ) has revealed that the local dollar revalued by 25 cents against the US greenback on Thursday.
In what was one of the strongest revaluations in a single day, the dollar closed at $126.75 from $126.90 on the previous trading day.
On Thursday, the Canadian dollar closed at $100.03 from $99.65 while the British Pound Sterling closed at $166.19 from $166.02.
In September the local currency reached a record low of $131.31 against the US. but since then, has mainly remained on a path which suggests further strengthening.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Historic! Jamaica’s Reggae Girlz Qualify For The 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup - October 18, 2018
- Reggae Boy Luton Shelton Afflicted With ALS Disease - October 13, 2018
- Alia Atkinson Scares World Record - October 6, 2018
- Jamaica, Russia Sign Reciprocal Visa Waiver Agreement - October 2, 2018
- Buju’s Post Prison Tour In The Works - September 26, 2018
- More Casinos To Boost Tourism In Jamaica? - September 19, 2018
- Isaac Dissipates - September 15, 2018
- Isaac To Hit Lesser Antilles, Not Currently A Threat To Jamaica - September 12, 2018
- Ideal Selections For Your BTTS Tips - September 10, 2018
- ‘Nick’s Seasonings’ Gives Back To Sligoville Community - September 7, 2018