Close to 1400 Persons Killed So Far This Year
Recent crime data indicates that the tally of murders in Jamaica since the start of the year is currently nearing fourteen hundred.
1392 people were killed during the period January 1 to November 12, 2017.
This represents a 26 per cent increase over the same period in 2016.
It also roughly equates to four persons being killed on a daily basis in Jamaica.
Over 50 murders have already been recorded for the month of November.
Between January 1 to November – St James recorded 273 murders, followed by Clarendon with 148, St Andrew South, 143, Westmoreland, 128 and St Catherine North 116.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Accident Claims Life Of UWI Student In St Mary - July 16, 2018
- Jamaica’s Briana Williams Secures Rare Sprint Double At World U20 Championships - July 14, 2018
- Petrol Prices Surge Locally - July 12, 2018
- Protoje Tops Billboard Reggae Chart - July 11, 2018
- Kartel Possibly One Step Closer To Freedom - July 9, 2018
- Elderly Man Suspected Of Committing Suicide In Kingston - July 8, 2018
- Kartel’s Appeal Trial To Commence Next Week - July 6, 2018
- Jamaican-American Actress Sheryl Lee Ralph Inducted Into ICS Wall Of Fame - July 4, 2018
- Zero Murders In St Ann Last Month - July 3, 2018
- Pregnant Woman Killed In Vicious Gun Attack In Portland - July 2, 2018