Close to 1400 Persons Killed So Far This Year
Recent crime data indicates that the tally of murders in Jamaica since the start of the year is currently nearing fourteen hundred.
1392 people were killed during the period January 1 to November 12, 2017.
This represents a 26 per cent increase over the same period in 2016.
It also roughly equates to four persons being killed on a daily basis in Jamaica.
Over 50 murders have already been recorded for the month of November.
Between January 1 to November – St James recorded 273 murders, followed by Clarendon with 148, St Andrew South, 143, Westmoreland, 128 and St Catherine North 116.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Three Members Of Family Killed In St Thomas - January 21, 2018
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Scores Cheeky Back-Heel Goal For Bayer Leverkusen - January 20, 2018
- Canadian, British Tourists In St James Urged To Stay Within Resorts - January 20, 2018
- Former West Indies Youth Cricketer Of The Year Xavier Marshall To Represent The USA - January 19, 2018
- Major Military Operation In St James - January 18, 2018
- Bolt To Donate $1 Million To Children’s Home Following Deadly Fire - January 17, 2018
- Mobay Man Charged For Quadruple Murder - January 17, 2018
- Jamaica To Send First Women’s Bobsleigh Team To Olympics - January 16, 2018
- Jamaican Singer Diana King Weds Her Partner Mijanne Webster - January 16, 2018
- More Than 20 People Hospitalised Following Collision In St Thomas - January 15, 2018