Close to 1400 Persons Killed So Far This Year
Recent crime data indicates that the tally of murders in Jamaica since the start of the year is currently nearing fourteen hundred.
1392 people were killed during the period January 1 to November 12, 2017.
This represents a 26 per cent increase over the same period in 2016.
It also roughly equates to four persons being killed on a daily basis in Jamaica.
Over 50 murders have already been recorded for the month of November.
Between January 1 to November – St James recorded 273 murders, followed by Clarendon with 148, St Andrew South, 143, Westmoreland, 128 and St Catherine North 116.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Shaggy Performs At Queen Elizabeth’s Birthday Party - April 24, 2018
- Oil And Gas 3D Seismic Survey Nearly 50 Percent Complete - April 22, 2018
- Solange Knowles Writes Thank You Letter To Jamaica - April 21, 2018
- Canadian Politician Sparks Outrage With Remarks About Jamaicans, Later Apologises - April 20, 2018
- Health Ministry Reports Steep Rise In Obesity Among 13-15 Year Olds - April 19, 2018
- Counterfeit Goods Valuing Over $100 Million Seized, Two Chinese Nationals Arrested - April 18, 2018
- Jamaicans Among Thousands From Caribbean To See Their Status Legalised In The UK - April 17, 2018
- Murders Down By Nearly 80 Percent In St James Under State Of Emergency - April 16, 2018
- 27 Medals For Jamaica At 2018 Commonwealth Games - April 15, 2018
- Leon Bailey Backs Bolt To Succeed As A Professional Footballer - April 14, 2018