Bob Marley Among Highest Earning Deceased Celebrities – Forbes
Bob Marley is no longer with us in the physical realm but he remains in the hearts of many around the world and continues to generate millions of US dollars annually.
Marley died on May 11, 1981 at the age of 36, and his face is now instantly recognisable in most places across the globe.
The reggae icon is ranked fifth on Forbes’ Highest-Paid Dead Celebrities Of 2017.
According to Forbes, Bob Marley generated US$23 in earnings this year.
“The reggae legend may not have been an arch-capitalist in life, but in death, he’s become quite the entrepreneur,” Forbes said in the review, adding that “With the help of his children, he’s now the face of House of Marley speakers and headphones and the Marley Beverage Co.”
The top four highest earning deceased celebrities according to Forbes are: Michael Jackson (US$75 million), golf legend Arnold Palmer (US$40 million), Peanuts creator Charles Schulz (US$38 million) and ELvis Presley with (US$35 million).
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Weather – More Rain On The Horizon For Jamaica - November 24, 2017
- Andre Blake, Kemar Lawrence, Theodore Whitmore Shortlisted For CONCACAF Awards - November 23, 2017
- Starbucks Opens First Store In Jamaica - November 21, 2017
- BREAKING: Ninja Man, Co-accused Found Guilty Of Murder - November 20, 2017
- Woman, Daughter Killed In St James - November 20, 2017
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Scores Fifth Goal For Bayer Leverkusen - November 20, 2017
- Atkinson Maintains Unbeaten Streak In 50m Breaststroke As FINA Swimming Short Course World Cup Concludes - November 19, 2017
- Jamaica’s Solange Sinclair Makes Miss World Top 10 - November 18, 2017
- The Impact of Reggae on Worldwide Culture - November 17, 2017
- American Man Detained After Allegedly Sexually Assaulting Minor At Resort In Jamaica - November 16, 2017