American Man Detained After Allegedly Sexually Assaulting Minor At Resort In Jamaica
An American man is now in police custody in the United States after allegedly sexually assaulting a minor at a resort in Jamaica.
The US attorney’s office for the northern district of California in a statement said a federal grand jury indicted Douglas Peacock for traveling to a foreign country and engaging in illicit sexual conduct with a minor.
Peacock was detained in the Southern District of Florida yesterday morning by the Honorable Barry L. Garber after being arrested on the charge in Miami on November 10, 2017.
Peacock, 43, of Foster City, allegedly traveled from the United States to Jamaica on or about June 19, 2017, and thereafter engaged in illicit sexual conduct with a minor who was, at the time, under 12 years of age. Specifically, Peacock, while in the pool of a family-friendly resort in Jamaica, molested a six-year-old US citizen minor victim.
Peacock is charged with one count of engaging in illicit sexual conduct in foreign places.
If convicted,Peacock faces a maximum statutory sentence of 30 years.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- D&G Foundation Pumps 4.2 Million Into HEART Trust NTA Youth Development Programme - December 13, 2017
- Dancehall Artiste Mineral Boss Shot Dead In Caymanas Bay - December 13, 2017
- A New T20 Record! The ‘Universe Boss’ Smashes 146 Off 69 Balls (18 Sixes) - December 12, 2017
- Jamaica’s Edmund Bartlett Named Caribbean Tourism Minister of the Year - December 12, 2017
- Three Die After Gunmen Callously Attack Mourners At Funeral In Kingston - December 11, 2017
- Flash Flood Watch In Effect For Northern And Southeastern Parishes - December 11, 2017
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Delivers Two Assists In Leverkusen Win - December 10, 2017
- Jamaicans Driving Support Against Paediatric Cancer - December 9, 2017
- Missing US National Found - December 8, 2017
- Police Seek Public’s Help To Find Missing US National - December 7, 2017