Alia Atkinson Earns Two Gold Medals In China At FINA Swimming World Cup
Alia Atkinson won yet another gold medal for Jamaica on Saturday at the FINA World Cup in Bejing, China.
The 28 year old double World Record Holder used her experience to finish the 200 M Breaststroke in 2:19.58 seconds ahead of the fast closing 17 year old Japanese champion Runa Imai who turned in a time of 2:19.77.
She ends her campaign in Beijing with two gold medals having won the 50 meter Breaststroke a day earlier.
Atkinson’s consistent delivery of superb performances in the Breaststroke on the World Cup circuit continues to bring fame and honor to Jamaica enhancing the island’s image.
Television reporters are bemused that such a small island can produce such a world class swimmer.
The Series continues in Tokyo, Japan today (Nov 14) where she will be welcomed as the current World Record Holder and finishes in Singapore on Nov. 19th.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Usain Bolt Scores Twice And Pulls Off Exquisite Nutmeg In Borussia Dortmund Training Session - March 24, 2018
- National Under 15 And Under 18 Table Tennis Squad Scheduled For Caribbean Tournament In Cuba - March 22, 2018
- “I Think We Can” See Bolt At Old Trafford Next Season – José Mourinho - March 22, 2018
- Usain Bolt Scores Superb Header In Borussia Dortmund Kit! - March 21, 2018
- Former England Youth Star Appears Eager To Join Reggae Boyz - March 21, 2018
- Getting De-Inked: Why Jamaicans Are Rethinking Their Tattoos - March 20, 2018
- Jay Z, Beyonce Visit Jamaica - March 20, 2018
- State Of Public Emergency Declared In St. Catherine North Police Division - March 19, 2018
- Plans In Place To Make Port Royal Jamaica’s Next Big Cruise Destination - March 18, 2018
- Jamaican Among Six Killed In Bridge Collapse At Florida University - March 17, 2018