Alia Atkinson Earns Two Gold Medals In China At FINA Swimming World Cup
Alia Atkinson won yet another gold medal for Jamaica on Saturday at the FINA World Cup in Bejing, China.
The 28 year old double World Record Holder used her experience to finish the 200 M Breaststroke in 2:19.58 seconds ahead of the fast closing 17 year old Japanese champion Runa Imai who turned in a time of 2:19.77.
She ends her campaign in Beijing with two gold medals having won the 50 meter Breaststroke a day earlier.
Atkinson’s consistent delivery of superb performances in the Breaststroke on the World Cup circuit continues to bring fame and honor to Jamaica enhancing the island’s image.
Television reporters are bemused that such a small island can produce such a world class swimmer.
The Series continues in Tokyo, Japan today (Nov 14) where she will be welcomed as the current World Record Holder and finishes in Singapore on Nov. 19th.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- 100 People Killed In First 20 Days Of 2018 - January 22, 2018
- Primary School To Be Renamed For Veronica Campbell Brown - January 22, 2018
- Three Members Of Family Killed In St Thomas - January 21, 2018
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Scores Cheeky Back-Heel Goal For Bayer Leverkusen - January 20, 2018
- Canadian, British Tourists In St James Urged To Stay Within Resorts - January 20, 2018
- Former West Indies Youth Cricketer Of The Year Xavier Marshall To Represent The USA - January 19, 2018
- Major Military Operation In St James - January 18, 2018
- Bolt To Donate $1 Million To Children’s Home Following Deadly Fire - January 17, 2018
- Mobay Man Charged For Quadruple Murder - January 17, 2018
- Jamaica To Send First Women’s Bobsleigh Team To Olympics - January 16, 2018