Alia Atkinson Earns Two Gold Medals In China At FINA Swimming World Cup
Alia Atkinson won yet another gold medal for Jamaica on Saturday at the FINA World Cup in Bejing, China.
The 28 year old double World Record Holder used her experience to finish the 200 M Breaststroke in 2:19.58 seconds ahead of the fast closing 17 year old Japanese champion Runa Imai who turned in a time of 2:19.77.
She ends her campaign in Beijing with two gold medals having won the 50 meter Breaststroke a day earlier.
Atkinson’s consistent delivery of superb performances in the Breaststroke on the World Cup circuit continues to bring fame and honor to Jamaica enhancing the island’s image.
Television reporters are bemused that such a small island can produce such a world class swimmer.
The Series continues in Tokyo, Japan today (Nov 14) where she will be welcomed as the current World Record Holder and finishes in Singapore on Nov. 19th.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Historic! Jamaica’s Reggae Girlz Qualify For The 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup - October 18, 2018
- Reggae Boy Luton Shelton Afflicted With ALS Disease - October 13, 2018
- Alia Atkinson Scares World Record - October 6, 2018
- Jamaica, Russia Sign Reciprocal Visa Waiver Agreement - October 2, 2018
- Buju’s Post Prison Tour In The Works - September 26, 2018
- More Casinos To Boost Tourism In Jamaica? - September 19, 2018
- Isaac Dissipates - September 15, 2018
- Isaac To Hit Lesser Antilles, Not Currently A Threat To Jamaica - September 12, 2018
- Ideal Selections For Your BTTS Tips - September 10, 2018
- ‘Nick’s Seasonings’ Gives Back To Sligoville Community - September 7, 2018