Alia Atkinson Earns Two Gold Medals In China At FINA Swimming World Cup
Alia Atkinson won yet another gold medal for Jamaica on Saturday at the FINA World Cup in Bejing, China.
The 28 year old double World Record Holder used her experience to finish the 200 M Breaststroke in 2:19.58 seconds ahead of the fast closing 17 year old Japanese champion Runa Imai who turned in a time of 2:19.77.
She ends her campaign in Beijing with two gold medals having won the 50 meter Breaststroke a day earlier.
Atkinson’s consistent delivery of superb performances in the Breaststroke on the World Cup circuit continues to bring fame and honor to Jamaica enhancing the island’s image.
Television reporters are bemused that such a small island can produce such a world class swimmer.
The Series continues in Tokyo, Japan today (Nov 14) where she will be welcomed as the current World Record Holder and finishes in Singapore on Nov. 19th.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- JCDC, Patrick Kitson Launch Dual Art Exhibition In Kingston - August 14, 2018
- CSEC Results Show Significant Improvement Over Last Year - August 13, 2018
- Jamaican Dollar Flies Past $136 Against US - August 10, 2018
- Asphalt Supplies Now Available – Petrojam - August 9, 2018
- Alia Atkinson To Receive Order Of Distinction - August 7, 2018
- Police Recover Stolen Goats in Clarendon - August 6, 2018
- Foreign Exchange: J$135.46 To One US Dollar - August 4, 2018
- Ruffi Drops Music Video For His Hit Single ‘Survive’ - August 1, 2018
- Power Star Applies For Jamaican Citizenship - July 31, 2018
- Yendi Phillipps Gets Baptised - July 30, 2018