Alia Atkinson Earns Two Gold Medals In China At FINA Swimming World Cup
Alia Atkinson won yet another gold medal for Jamaica on Saturday at the FINA World Cup in Bejing, China.
The 28 year old double World Record Holder used her experience to finish the 200 M Breaststroke in 2:19.58 seconds ahead of the fast closing 17 year old Japanese champion Runa Imai who turned in a time of 2:19.77.
She ends her campaign in Beijing with two gold medals having won the 50 meter Breaststroke a day earlier.
Atkinson’s consistent delivery of superb performances in the Breaststroke on the World Cup circuit continues to bring fame and honor to Jamaica enhancing the island’s image.
Television reporters are bemused that such a small island can produce such a world class swimmer.
The Series continues in Tokyo, Japan today (Nov 14) where she will be welcomed as the current World Record Holder and finishes in Singapore on Nov. 19th.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Rising US Rapper With Jamaican Roots Killed In Florida - June 19, 2018
- Woman Hides Her Face With Comical Emoji Mask When Collecting Lottery Winnings - June 17, 2018
- Teenaged Boy Charged For Cassava Piece Murder – JCF - June 16, 2018
- 7-Yr-Old Boy Dies In Tragic Freak Accident At School - June 14, 2018
- Pharmaceutical Society Of Jamaica Expresses Concern About Counterfeit Medicines - June 13, 2018
- Statue of Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Now In Jamaica - June 13, 2018
- Usain Bolt’s Superb Goal Disallowed In Football Game At Old Trafford - June 12, 2018
- Wayne Marshall Announces Death Of His Father In Touching Social Media Post - June 11, 2018
- Fraser-Pryce Wins 100-Metre Event At Racers Grand Prix - June 10, 2018
- Prime Minister Makes Historic Appearance At G7 Summit! - June 9, 2018