Two Cops Killed Within Five Day Period
Two police officers have been killed within a five day period.
On Friday (Oct 27), a police officer assigned to the Manchester Community Safety and Security Branch was fatally shot by an armed robber in Mandeville.
38-year-old Corporal Melvin Smith was reportedly shot at around 8 pm as he assisted a man who was was robbed of his motorcycle on Manchester Road.
The most recent officer to be gunned down is 35-year-old Constable Courtney Linton of the Counter Terrorism and Organised Crime division of the Jamaica Constabulary Force.
Linton was reportedly shot by gunmen at a party in the Orangefield community in Ewarton, St Catherine at approximately 12:30 on Tuesday (Oct 31).
Linton reportedly fell to the ground along a roadway after being shot. The gunmen then reportedly proceeded to shoot Linton several times, killing him on the spot.
Another man was also shot and treated at hospital but his injury is not considered life threatening.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Weather – More Rain On The Horizon For Jamaica - November 24, 2017
- Andre Blake, Kemar Lawrence, Theodore Whitmore Shortlisted For CONCACAF Awards - November 23, 2017
- Starbucks Opens First Store In Jamaica - November 21, 2017
- BREAKING: Ninja Man, Co-accused Found Guilty Of Murder - November 20, 2017
- Woman, Daughter Killed In St James - November 20, 2017
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Scores Fifth Goal For Bayer Leverkusen - November 20, 2017
- Atkinson Maintains Unbeaten Streak In 50m Breaststroke As FINA Swimming Short Course World Cup Concludes - November 19, 2017
- Jamaica’s Solange Sinclair Makes Miss World Top 10 - November 18, 2017
- The Impact of Reggae on Worldwide Culture - November 17, 2017
- American Man Detained After Allegedly Sexually Assaulting Minor At Resort In Jamaica - November 16, 2017