Sunshine Girls Miss Out On Gold Medal In Fast 5 World Series
On Sunday (Oct 29) Jamaica’s Sunshine Girls were forced to settle for the silver medal at the 2017 Fast5 World Series in Melbourne, Australia.
This after losing to England in the final by five points (34-29).
The Sunshine Girls failed to secure victory when it mattered most having defeated England 47-38 earlier in the day.
It was a fairly evenly contested final. England were two points ahead at halftime (18 – 16) but the game was tied with both sides having 24 points after three quarters.
England outscored Jamaica 10 to 5 in the final quarter to earn victory.
The most accurate shooter in the encounter was England’s Helen Housby with 9from 11.
Jamaica’s best shooter was Jhaniele Fowler-Reid with 15 from 24.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Leon Bailey Named In Provisional Reggae Boyz Squad For 2020 Olympic Qualifiers - February 24, 2018
- Live Oil Seeps Discovered In Jamaica! - February 23, 2018
- Two Charged For Murder Of Elderly Jamaican-Canadian Couple - February 22, 2018
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez Visit Jamaica For His Dad’s Wedding - February 21, 2018
- Fire Destroys Historic Methodist Church In St Ann - February 21, 2018
- Jamaican Man Labelled A Hero After Saving Young Girl From Vicious Pit Bull In Florida - February 20, 2018
- Jamaica’s Female Bobsleighers Complete Impressive Run At Winter Olympics - February 20, 2018
- Leon Bailey Steals Ball Off Defender, Evades Goalkeeper To Score - February 19, 2018
- Jimmy Cliff’s Daughter In Marvel’s Black Panther Movie - February 18, 2018
- Victim In Florida Mass Shooting Reportedly Has Jamaican Roots (Updated) - February 16, 2018