Sunshine Girls Miss Out On Gold Medal In Fast 5 World Series
On Sunday (Oct 29) Jamaica’s Sunshine Girls were forced to settle for the silver medal at the 2017 Fast5 World Series in Melbourne, Australia.
This after losing to England in the final by five points (34-29).
The Sunshine Girls failed to secure victory when it mattered most having defeated England 47-38 earlier in the day.
It was a fairly evenly contested final. England were two points ahead at halftime (18 – 16) but the game was tied with both sides having 24 points after three quarters.
England outscored Jamaica 10 to 5 in the final quarter to earn victory.
The most accurate shooter in the encounter was England’s Helen Housby with 9from 11.
Jamaica’s best shooter was Jhaniele Fowler-Reid with 15 from 24.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- More Casinos To Boost Tourism In Jamaica? - September 19, 2018
- Isaac Dissipates - September 15, 2018
- Isaac To Hit Lesser Antilles, Not Currently A Threat To Jamaica - September 12, 2018
- Ideal Selections For Your BTTS Tips - September 10, 2018
- ‘Nick’s Seasonings’ Gives Back To Sligoville Community - September 7, 2018
- How Technology Has Made The World Smaller By Creating Remote Working Environments - September 4, 2018
- “Oh What A Finish!” Leon Bailey Scores Cracker For Leverkusen - September 3, 2018
- Elderly Jamaican Man Arrested In Florida After Setting Fire To Raccoon Which Ate His Mangoes - August 30, 2018
- Chas. E. Ramson Limited. Cushions Infant Care Costs With ‘Kiss Baby’ Diaper Donations - August 26, 2018
- JCDC, Patrick Kitson Launch Dual Art Exhibition In Kingston - August 14, 2018