Sunshine Girls Miss Out On Gold Medal In Fast 5 World Series
On Sunday (Oct 29) Jamaica’s Sunshine Girls were forced to settle for the silver medal at the 2017 Fast5 World Series in Melbourne, Australia.
This after losing to England in the final by five points (34-29).
The Sunshine Girls failed to secure victory when it mattered most having defeated England 47-38 earlier in the day.
It was a fairly evenly contested final. England were two points ahead at halftime (18 – 16) but the game was tied with both sides having 24 points after three quarters.
England outscored Jamaica 10 to 5 in the final quarter to earn victory.
The most accurate shooter in the encounter was England’s Helen Housby with 9from 11.
Jamaica’s best shooter was Jhaniele Fowler-Reid with 15 from 24.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Weather – More Rain On The Horizon For Jamaica - November 24, 2017
- Andre Blake, Kemar Lawrence, Theodore Whitmore Shortlisted For CONCACAF Awards - November 23, 2017
- Starbucks Opens First Store In Jamaica - November 21, 2017
- BREAKING: Ninja Man, Co-accused Found Guilty Of Murder - November 20, 2017
- Woman, Daughter Killed In St James - November 20, 2017
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Scores Fifth Goal For Bayer Leverkusen - November 20, 2017
- Atkinson Maintains Unbeaten Streak In 50m Breaststroke As FINA Swimming Short Course World Cup Concludes - November 19, 2017
- Jamaica’s Solange Sinclair Makes Miss World Top 10 - November 18, 2017
- The Impact of Reggae on Worldwide Culture - November 17, 2017
- American Man Detained After Allegedly Sexually Assaulting Minor At Resort In Jamaica - November 16, 2017