Rapists Posing As Cab Drivers In Portmore
Police have revealed that men are posing as taxi drivers and raping unsuspecting women in Portmore St. Catherine.
Incidents of rape are now reportedly being recorded on a daily basis in the municipality.
Senior Superintendent Calvin Allen, Head of the Traffic Police says several rape suspects have already been taken into custody.
He has also urged members of the public to be observant when seeking a vehicle for transport saying “please be far more mature, be far more conscious, be far more responsible as you decide to engage a vehicle to transport you – red plate or no red plate….and even worse in the night.”
A recent newspaper report by the Jamaica Observer highlights the horrific ordeal a woman who was tied up and raped at knife-point by an illegal taxi operator in Portmore.
Earlier this year, in a bid to stem the abduction and rape of women and girls by persons posing as taxi operators, Prime Minister Andrew Holness announced a zero-tolerance approach to illegal taxis and those who bear tinted glasses.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- 100 People Killed In First 20 Days Of 2018 - January 22, 2018
- Primary School To Be Renamed For Veronica Campbell Brown - January 22, 2018
- Three Members Of Family Killed In St Thomas - January 21, 2018
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Scores Cheeky Back-Heel Goal For Bayer Leverkusen - January 20, 2018
- Canadian, British Tourists In St James Urged To Stay Within Resorts - January 20, 2018
- Former West Indies Youth Cricketer Of The Year Xavier Marshall To Represent The USA - January 19, 2018
- Major Military Operation In St James - January 18, 2018
- Bolt To Donate $1 Million To Children’s Home Following Deadly Fire - January 17, 2018
- Mobay Man Charged For Quadruple Murder - January 17, 2018
- Jamaica To Send First Women’s Bobsleigh Team To Olympics - January 16, 2018