Rapists Posing As Cab Drivers In Portmore
Police have revealed that men are posing as taxi drivers and raping unsuspecting women in Portmore St. Catherine.
Incidents of rape are now reportedly being recorded on a daily basis in the municipality.
Senior Superintendent Calvin Allen, Head of the Traffic Police says several rape suspects have already been taken into custody.
He has also urged members of the public to be observant when seeking a vehicle for transport saying “please be far more mature, be far more conscious, be far more responsible as you decide to engage a vehicle to transport you – red plate or no red plate….and even worse in the night.”
A recent newspaper report by the Jamaica Observer highlights the horrific ordeal a woman who was tied up and raped at knife-point by an illegal taxi operator in Portmore.
Earlier this year, in a bid to stem the abduction and rape of women and girls by persons posing as taxi operators, Prime Minister Andrew Holness announced a zero-tolerance approach to illegal taxis and those who bear tinted glasses.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]ail.com
- 2018 FIFA World Cup Dream Still Alive For Jamaica’s Young Reggae Girlz - October 21, 2017
- Prolific Jamaican Striker Dane Kelly Earns Golden Boot Award In USL - October 20, 2017
- 91-Yr-Old Jamaican Man Killed, Wife Injured During Robbery In The US - October 19, 2017
- PM Gives Mount Salem ZOSO ‘B Plus’ Grade - October 19, 2017
- Several High Powered Weapons Seized at Newport West – JCF - October 18, 2017
- Reggae Boy Andre Blake Nominated For MLS Goalkeeper of the Year - October 18, 2017
- PM Declares Denham Town Second Zone of Special Operations - October 17, 2017
- Gunmen Kill Goat Farmer in St Elizabeth - October 17, 2017
- Sangster International Named Caribbean’s Leading Airport – World Travel Awards - October 15, 2017
- Jamaican Dollar Revalues Against US Greenback - October 14, 2017