Rapists Posing As Cab Drivers In Portmore
Police have revealed that men are posing as taxi drivers and raping unsuspecting women in Portmore St. Catherine.
Incidents of rape are now reportedly being recorded on a daily basis in the municipality.
Senior Superintendent Calvin Allen, Head of the Traffic Police says several rape suspects have already been taken into custody.
He has also urged members of the public to be observant when seeking a vehicle for transport saying “please be far more mature, be far more conscious, be far more responsible as you decide to engage a vehicle to transport you – red plate or no red plate….and even worse in the night.”
A recent newspaper report by the Jamaica Observer highlights the horrific ordeal a woman who was tied up and raped at knife-point by an illegal taxi operator in Portmore.
Earlier this year, in a bid to stem the abduction and rape of women and girls by persons posing as taxi operators, Prime Minister Andrew Holness announced a zero-tolerance approach to illegal taxis and those who bear tinted glasses.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Weather – More Rain On The Horizon For Jamaica - November 24, 2017
- Andre Blake, Kemar Lawrence, Theodore Whitmore Shortlisted For CONCACAF Awards - November 23, 2017
- Starbucks Opens First Store In Jamaica - November 21, 2017
- BREAKING: Ninja Man, Co-accused Found Guilty Of Murder - November 20, 2017
- Woman, Daughter Killed In St James - November 20, 2017
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Scores Fifth Goal For Bayer Leverkusen - November 20, 2017
- Atkinson Maintains Unbeaten Streak In 50m Breaststroke As FINA Swimming Short Course World Cup Concludes - November 19, 2017
- Jamaica’s Solange Sinclair Makes Miss World Top 10 - November 18, 2017
- The Impact of Reggae on Worldwide Culture - November 17, 2017
- American Man Detained After Allegedly Sexually Assaulting Minor At Resort In Jamaica - November 16, 2017