Rapists Posing As Cab Drivers In Portmore
Police have revealed that men are posing as taxi drivers and raping unsuspecting women in Portmore St. Catherine.
Incidents of rape are now reportedly being recorded on a daily basis in the municipality.
Senior Superintendent Calvin Allen, Head of the Traffic Police says several rape suspects have already been taken into custody.
He has also urged members of the public to be observant when seeking a vehicle for transport saying “please be far more mature, be far more conscious, be far more responsible as you decide to engage a vehicle to transport you – red plate or no red plate….and even worse in the night.”
A recent newspaper report by the Jamaica Observer highlights the horrific ordeal a woman who was tied up and raped at knife-point by an illegal taxi operator in Portmore.
Earlier this year, in a bid to stem the abduction and rape of women and girls by persons posing as taxi operators, Prime Minister Andrew Holness announced a zero-tolerance approach to illegal taxis and those who bear tinted glasses.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- More Casinos To Boost Tourism In Jamaica? - September 19, 2018
- Isaac Dissipates - September 15, 2018
- Isaac To Hit Lesser Antilles, Not Currently A Threat To Jamaica - September 12, 2018
- Ideal Selections For Your BTTS Tips - September 10, 2018
- ‘Nick’s Seasonings’ Gives Back To Sligoville Community - September 7, 2018
- How Technology Has Made The World Smaller By Creating Remote Working Environments - September 4, 2018
- “Oh What A Finish!” Leon Bailey Scores Cracker For Leverkusen - September 3, 2018
- Elderly Jamaican Man Arrested In Florida After Setting Fire To Raccoon Which Ate His Mangoes - August 30, 2018
- Chas. E. Ramson Limited. Cushions Infant Care Costs With ‘Kiss Baby’ Diaper Donations - August 26, 2018
- JCDC, Patrick Kitson Launch Dual Art Exhibition In Kingston - August 14, 2018