Prolific Jamaican Striker Dane Kelly Earns Golden Boot Award In USL
Reggae Boy Dane Kelly has earned the Golden Boot award in the United Soccer League (USL).
The USL is sanctioned as a Division II Professional League by the United States Soccer Federation (U.S. Soccer), placing it under Major League Soccer (Division I) in the hierarchy.
The 26-year-old striker received the award following another impressive season for the Western Conference’s third-best side, Reno 1868 FC.
Kelly was among three statistical awardees that the league announced following the conclusion of the regular season last Sunday.
He recorded a career-high season with 18 goals in the regular season, as Reno set a USL single-season record with 75 goals in its inaugural campaign. He also became the first player to score more than 50 goals in the USL since the league’s inception in 2011.
Kelly was called up to the Jamaica senior national team earlier this year.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Leon Bailey Named In Provisional Reggae Boyz Squad For 2020 Olympic Qualifiers - February 24, 2018
- Live Oil Seeps Discovered In Jamaica! - February 23, 2018
- Two Charged For Murder Of Elderly Jamaican-Canadian Couple - February 22, 2018
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez Visit Jamaica For His Dad’s Wedding - February 21, 2018
- Fire Destroys Historic Methodist Church In St Ann - February 21, 2018
- Jamaican Man Labelled A Hero After Saving Young Girl From Vicious Pit Bull In Florida - February 20, 2018
- Jamaica’s Female Bobsleighers Complete Impressive Run At Winter Olympics - February 20, 2018
- Leon Bailey Steals Ball Off Defender, Evades Goalkeeper To Score - February 19, 2018
- Jimmy Cliff’s Daughter In Marvel’s Black Panther Movie - February 18, 2018
- Victim In Florida Mass Shooting Reportedly Has Jamaican Roots (Updated) - February 16, 2018