Prolific Jamaican Striker Dane Kelly Earns Golden Boot Award In USL
Reggae Boy Dane Kelly has earned the Golden Boot award in the United Soccer League (USL).
The USL is sanctioned as a Division II Professional League by the United States Soccer Federation (U.S. Soccer), placing it under Major League Soccer (Division I) in the hierarchy.
The 26-year-old striker received the award following another impressive season for the Western Conference’s third-best side, Reno 1868 FC.
Kelly was among three statistical awardees that the league announced following the conclusion of the regular season last Sunday.
He recorded a career-high season with 18 goals in the regular season, as Reno set a USL single-season record with 75 goals in its inaugural campaign. He also became the first player to score more than 50 goals in the USL since the league’s inception in 2011.
Kelly was called up to the Jamaica senior national team earlier this year.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- More Casinos To Boost Tourism In Jamaica? - September 19, 2018
- Isaac Dissipates - September 15, 2018
- Isaac To Hit Lesser Antilles, Not Currently A Threat To Jamaica - September 12, 2018
- Ideal Selections For Your BTTS Tips - September 10, 2018
- ‘Nick’s Seasonings’ Gives Back To Sligoville Community - September 7, 2018
- How Technology Has Made The World Smaller By Creating Remote Working Environments - September 4, 2018
- “Oh What A Finish!” Leon Bailey Scores Cracker For Leverkusen - September 3, 2018
- Elderly Jamaican Man Arrested In Florida After Setting Fire To Raccoon Which Ate His Mangoes - August 30, 2018
- Chas. E. Ramson Limited. Cushions Infant Care Costs With ‘Kiss Baby’ Diaper Donations - August 26, 2018
- JCDC, Patrick Kitson Launch Dual Art Exhibition In Kingston - August 14, 2018