Police Sergeant Dies After Vehicle Becomes Submerged In River
On Monday night a police sergeant reportedly died in a motor vehicle accident in Riversdale, St Catherine.
The deceased officer has been identified as Sergeant Mervin Ellington. He was assigned to the St Catherine North Division.
Ellington was reportedly driving his private motor car from Riversdale towards Bog Walk at approximately 10 pm, when, upon reaching the Berwick Main Road, he came upon a breakaway at a section of the road that forced his car to run off the road and into a river.
The vehicle reportedly became submerged in water, before residents of the area went to Ellington’s rescue and pulled the unresponsive police officer from the car.
He was carried to the Linstead Public Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Shaggy And Sting Cop Reggae Grammy - February 11, 2019
- Jamaica Remains 54th in Latest FIFA Rankings - February 8, 2019
- 3 Bedroom Home For Sale In St Thomas - February 5, 2019
- Caribbean Legal And Media Powerhouses Join Forces In South Florida - February 3, 2019
- First National Gallery Representation For Jamaican Visual Artist Maia Chung For 2019 - January 29, 2019
- Ruffi Drops Hot New Single “Pressure” - January 28, 2019
- Home With Breathtaking Sea View For Sale In Oracabessa - January 26, 2019
- Reggae Girlz Train At Montego Bay Sports Complex Today - January 20, 2019
- Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites ‘Mad And Mean’ For Season 14 - January 16, 2019
- Here Is Why 2019 Will Be A Great Year For Tourism In Jamaica - January 15, 2019