Police Sergeant Dies After Vehicle Becomes Submerged In River
On Monday night a police sergeant reportedly died in a motor vehicle accident in Riversdale, St Catherine.
The deceased officer has been identified as Sergeant Mervin Ellington. He was assigned to the St Catherine North Division.
Ellington was reportedly driving his private motor car from Riversdale towards Bog Walk at approximately 10 pm, when, upon reaching the Berwick Main Road, he came upon a breakaway at a section of the road that forced his car to run off the road and into a river.
The vehicle reportedly became submerged in water, before residents of the area went to Ellington’s rescue and pulled the unresponsive police officer from the car.
He was carried to the Linstead Public Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Leon Bailey Named In Provisional Reggae Boyz Squad For 2020 Olympic Qualifiers - February 24, 2018
- Live Oil Seeps Discovered In Jamaica! - February 23, 2018
- Two Charged For Murder Of Elderly Jamaican-Canadian Couple - February 22, 2018
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez Visit Jamaica For His Dad’s Wedding - February 21, 2018
- Fire Destroys Historic Methodist Church In St Ann - February 21, 2018
- Jamaican Man Labelled A Hero After Saving Young Girl From Vicious Pit Bull In Florida - February 20, 2018
- Jamaica’s Female Bobsleighers Complete Impressive Run At Winter Olympics - February 20, 2018
- Leon Bailey Steals Ball Off Defender, Evades Goalkeeper To Score - February 19, 2018
- Jimmy Cliff’s Daughter In Marvel’s Black Panther Movie - February 18, 2018
- Victim In Florida Mass Shooting Reportedly Has Jamaican Roots (Updated) - February 16, 2018