Police Sergeant Dies After Vehicle Becomes Submerged In River
On Monday night a police sergeant reportedly died in a motor vehicle accident in Riversdale, St Catherine.
The deceased officer has been identified as Sergeant Mervin Ellington. He was assigned to the St Catherine North Division.
Ellington was reportedly driving his private motor car from Riversdale towards Bog Walk at approximately 10 pm, when, upon reaching the Berwick Main Road, he came upon a breakaway at a section of the road that forced his car to run off the road and into a river.
The vehicle reportedly became submerged in water, before residents of the area went to Ellington’s rescue and pulled the unresponsive police officer from the car.
He was carried to the Linstead Public Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Minor Quake Rattles Sections Of Jamaica - April 15, 2019
- Who Will Win The Jamaican Premier Football League 2019? - April 3, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 4: Nyanda - March 27, 2019
- Veteran Broadcaster Dorraine Samuels Dies At 59 - March 26, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 3: Anthony B - March 22, 2019
- Jamaican Players In the MLS - March 18, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 2: Julian Marley - March 12, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 1: Wayne Wonder - March 5, 2019
- Doctors Still Not Able To Diagnose Kemoy Campbell’s Condition - February 25, 2019
- Shaggy And Sting Cop Reggae Grammy - February 11, 2019