Police Sergeant Dies After Vehicle Becomes Submerged In River
On Monday night a police sergeant reportedly died in a motor vehicle accident in Riversdale, St Catherine.
The deceased officer has been identified as Sergeant Mervin Ellington. He was assigned to the St Catherine North Division.
Ellington was reportedly driving his private motor car from Riversdale towards Bog Walk at approximately 10 pm, when, upon reaching the Berwick Main Road, he came upon a breakaway at a section of the road that forced his car to run off the road and into a river.
The vehicle reportedly became submerged in water, before residents of the area went to Ellington’s rescue and pulled the unresponsive police officer from the car.
He was carried to the Linstead Public Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- 2018 FIFA World Cup Dream Still Alive For Jamaica’s Young Reggae Girlz - October 21, 2017
- Prolific Jamaican Striker Dane Kelly Earns Golden Boot Award In USL - October 20, 2017
- 91-Yr-Old Jamaican Man Killed, Wife Injured During Robbery In The US - October 19, 2017
- PM Gives Mount Salem ZOSO ‘B Plus’ Grade - October 19, 2017
- Several High Powered Weapons Seized at Newport West – JCF - October 18, 2017
- Reggae Boy Andre Blake Nominated For MLS Goalkeeper of the Year - October 18, 2017
- PM Declares Denham Town Second Zone of Special Operations - October 17, 2017
- Gunmen Kill Goat Farmer in St Elizabeth - October 17, 2017
- Sangster International Named Caribbean’s Leading Airport – World Travel Awards - October 15, 2017
- Jamaican Dollar Revalues Against US Greenback - October 14, 2017