Police Sergeant Dies After Vehicle Becomes Submerged In River
On Monday night a police sergeant reportedly died in a motor vehicle accident in Riversdale, St Catherine.
The deceased officer has been identified as Sergeant Mervin Ellington. He was assigned to the St Catherine North Division.
Ellington was reportedly driving his private motor car from Riversdale towards Bog Walk at approximately 10 pm, when, upon reaching the Berwick Main Road, he came upon a breakaway at a section of the road that forced his car to run off the road and into a river.
The vehicle reportedly became submerged in water, before residents of the area went to Ellington’s rescue and pulled the unresponsive police officer from the car.
He was carried to the Linstead Public Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Rising US Rapper With Jamaican Roots Killed In Florida - June 19, 2018
- Woman Hides Her Face With Comical Emoji Mask When Collecting Lottery Winnings - June 17, 2018
- Teenaged Boy Charged For Cassava Piece Murder – JCF - June 16, 2018
- 7-Yr-Old Boy Dies In Tragic Freak Accident At School - June 14, 2018
- Pharmaceutical Society Of Jamaica Expresses Concern About Counterfeit Medicines - June 13, 2018
- Statue of Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Now In Jamaica - June 13, 2018
- Usain Bolt’s Superb Goal Disallowed In Football Game At Old Trafford - June 12, 2018
- Wayne Marshall Announces Death Of His Father In Touching Social Media Post - June 11, 2018
- Fraser-Pryce Wins 100-Metre Event At Racers Grand Prix - June 10, 2018
- Prime Minister Makes Historic Appearance At G7 Summit! - June 9, 2018