Police Officer Killed In Mandeville
A police officer assigned to the Manchester Community Safety and Security Branch was fatally shot by an armed robber in Mandeville on Friday (Oct 27).
38-year-old Corporal Melvin Smith was reportedly shot at around 8 pm as he assisted a man who was was robbed of his motorcycle on Manchester Road.
The victim of the theft was also shot by the thieves but survived and has reportedly been hospitalised in stable condition.
Commissioner of Police George Quallo has since appealed to members of the Jamaica Constabulary Force to be vigilant as they carry out their duties.
He also tweeted:
“It is never an easy time for police officers to learn of a death in our midst.It pulls us in several directions, we hurt, we cry, we r human”
It is never an easy time for police officers to learn of a death in our midst.It pulls us in several directions, we hurt, we cry, we r human
— George Quallo (@GeorgeQuallo) October 29, 2017
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- More Casinos To Boost Tourism In Jamaica? - September 19, 2018
- Isaac Dissipates - September 15, 2018
- Isaac To Hit Lesser Antilles, Not Currently A Threat To Jamaica - September 12, 2018
- Ideal Selections For Your BTTS Tips - September 10, 2018
- ‘Nick’s Seasonings’ Gives Back To Sligoville Community - September 7, 2018
- How Technology Has Made The World Smaller By Creating Remote Working Environments - September 4, 2018
- “Oh What A Finish!” Leon Bailey Scores Cracker For Leverkusen - September 3, 2018
- Elderly Jamaican Man Arrested In Florida After Setting Fire To Raccoon Which Ate His Mangoes - August 30, 2018
- Chas. E. Ramson Limited. Cushions Infant Care Costs With ‘Kiss Baby’ Diaper Donations - August 26, 2018
- JCDC, Patrick Kitson Launch Dual Art Exhibition In Kingston - August 14, 2018