PM Gives Mount Salem ZOSO ‘B Plus’ Grade
JIS – Prime Minister, the Most Hon. Andrew Holness, recently gave the Mount Salem Zone of Special Operations (ZOSO) a ‘B Plus’ grade.
He said that while there were initial challenges, most of these have been worked out and “would in no way undermine the validity of the selection of the zone”.
“We acknowledge up front that there were some challenges in the first instance, like there would be in the implementation of any new piece of legislation or any such strategy that requires not just the police and the military to coordinate but a whole-of-government coordination,” he noted.
“From an operational perspective, the (Zone) would get a ‘B plus’ in terms of operation,” he added.
The Prime Minister was addressing a press conference at Jamaica House on Tuesday (October 17), where he declared the Denham Town community in Kingston as the second Zone of Special Operations under the Law Reform (Zones of Special Operations) (Special Security and Community Development Measures) Act.
Mount Salem in St. James was declared the first ZOSO on September 1.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Rising US Rapper With Jamaican Roots Killed In Florida - June 19, 2018
- Woman Hides Her Face With Comical Emoji Mask When Collecting Lottery Winnings - June 17, 2018
- Teenaged Boy Charged For Cassava Piece Murder – JCF - June 16, 2018
- 7-Yr-Old Boy Dies In Tragic Freak Accident At School - June 14, 2018
- Pharmaceutical Society Of Jamaica Expresses Concern About Counterfeit Medicines - June 13, 2018
- Statue of Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Now In Jamaica - June 13, 2018
- Usain Bolt’s Superb Goal Disallowed In Football Game At Old Trafford - June 12, 2018
- Wayne Marshall Announces Death Of His Father In Touching Social Media Post - June 11, 2018
- Fraser-Pryce Wins 100-Metre Event At Racers Grand Prix - June 10, 2018
- Prime Minister Makes Historic Appearance At G7 Summit! - June 9, 2018