PM Gives Mount Salem ZOSO ‘B Plus’ Grade
JIS – Prime Minister, the Most Hon. Andrew Holness, recently gave the Mount Salem Zone of Special Operations (ZOSO) a ‘B Plus’ grade.
He said that while there were initial challenges, most of these have been worked out and “would in no way undermine the validity of the selection of the zone”.
“We acknowledge up front that there were some challenges in the first instance, like there would be in the implementation of any new piece of legislation or any such strategy that requires not just the police and the military to coordinate but a whole-of-government coordination,” he noted.
“From an operational perspective, the (Zone) would get a ‘B plus’ in terms of operation,” he added.
The Prime Minister was addressing a press conference at Jamaica House on Tuesday (October 17), where he declared the Denham Town community in Kingston as the second Zone of Special Operations under the Law Reform (Zones of Special Operations) (Special Security and Community Development Measures) Act.
Mount Salem in St. James was declared the first ZOSO on September 1.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- More Casinos To Boost Tourism In Jamaica? - September 19, 2018
- Isaac Dissipates - September 15, 2018
- Isaac To Hit Lesser Antilles, Not Currently A Threat To Jamaica - September 12, 2018
- Ideal Selections For Your BTTS Tips - September 10, 2018
- ‘Nick’s Seasonings’ Gives Back To Sligoville Community - September 7, 2018
- How Technology Has Made The World Smaller By Creating Remote Working Environments - September 4, 2018
- “Oh What A Finish!” Leon Bailey Scores Cracker For Leverkusen - September 3, 2018
- Elderly Jamaican Man Arrested In Florida After Setting Fire To Raccoon Which Ate His Mangoes - August 30, 2018
- Chas. E. Ramson Limited. Cushions Infant Care Costs With ‘Kiss Baby’ Diaper Donations - August 26, 2018
- JCDC, Patrick Kitson Launch Dual Art Exhibition In Kingston - August 14, 2018