PM Gives Mount Salem ZOSO ‘B Plus’ Grade
JIS – Prime Minister, the Most Hon. Andrew Holness, recently gave the Mount Salem Zone of Special Operations (ZOSO) a ‘B Plus’ grade.
He said that while there were initial challenges, most of these have been worked out and “would in no way undermine the validity of the selection of the zone”.
“We acknowledge up front that there were some challenges in the first instance, like there would be in the implementation of any new piece of legislation or any such strategy that requires not just the police and the military to coordinate but a whole-of-government coordination,” he noted.
“From an operational perspective, the (Zone) would get a ‘B plus’ in terms of operation,” he added.
The Prime Minister was addressing a press conference at Jamaica House on Tuesday (October 17), where he declared the Denham Town community in Kingston as the second Zone of Special Operations under the Law Reform (Zones of Special Operations) (Special Security and Community Development Measures) Act.
Mount Salem in St. James was declared the first ZOSO on September 1.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- States Of Emergency Set To End - December 13, 2018
- Wonderful Home FOR SALE At Unbelievable Price In Highgate! - December 10, 2018
- US-Born Citizen Nearly Deported To Jamaica - December 7, 2018
- First Solo Art Exhibition For Maia Chung At Reggae Mill - December 4, 2018
- Dalton Harris Wins The X Factor - December 2, 2018
- Reggae Music Added To Global Cultural Heritage List - December 1, 2018
- Jamaican Dalton Harris Advances To X Factor Finals - November 26, 2018
- NRSC Commends Government On Passing Of Road Traffic Act 2018 - November 23, 2018
- Jamaica Defeats USA To Qualify For Rugby League World Cup - November 21, 2018
- Jamaican Dalton Harris Delivers Incredible Rendition Of Beyonce’s ‘Listen’ On X Factor UK - November 18, 2018