PM Gives Mount Salem ZOSO ‘B Plus’ Grade
JIS – Prime Minister, the Most Hon. Andrew Holness, recently gave the Mount Salem Zone of Special Operations (ZOSO) a ‘B Plus’ grade.
He said that while there were initial challenges, most of these have been worked out and “would in no way undermine the validity of the selection of the zone”.
“We acknowledge up front that there were some challenges in the first instance, like there would be in the implementation of any new piece of legislation or any such strategy that requires not just the police and the military to coordinate but a whole-of-government coordination,” he noted.
“From an operational perspective, the (Zone) would get a ‘B plus’ in terms of operation,” he added.
The Prime Minister was addressing a press conference at Jamaica House on Tuesday (October 17), where he declared the Denham Town community in Kingston as the second Zone of Special Operations under the Law Reform (Zones of Special Operations) (Special Security and Community Development Measures) Act.
Mount Salem in St. James was declared the first ZOSO on September 1.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Leon Bailey Named In Provisional Reggae Boyz Squad For 2020 Olympic Qualifiers - February 24, 2018
- Live Oil Seeps Discovered In Jamaica! - February 23, 2018
- Two Charged For Murder Of Elderly Jamaican-Canadian Couple - February 22, 2018
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez Visit Jamaica For His Dad’s Wedding - February 21, 2018
- Fire Destroys Historic Methodist Church In St Ann - February 21, 2018
- Jamaican Man Labelled A Hero After Saving Young Girl From Vicious Pit Bull In Florida - February 20, 2018
- Jamaica’s Female Bobsleighers Complete Impressive Run At Winter Olympics - February 20, 2018
- Leon Bailey Steals Ball Off Defender, Evades Goalkeeper To Score - February 19, 2018
- Jimmy Cliff’s Daughter In Marvel’s Black Panther Movie - February 18, 2018
- Victim In Florida Mass Shooting Reportedly Has Jamaican Roots (Updated) - February 16, 2018