Murders Up 26 Percent In First 9 Months Of 2017
National crime statistics have revealed that 1,216 persons were killed across the island between January 1 and October 4 , 2017.
This represents a 26 percent increase in the number of homicides when compared to the corresponding period in 2016.
Between the same period last year, 962 persons were killed.
This year’s figures equate to a daily murder rate of 4.4 – compared to a murder rate of 3.5 for the same period in 2016.
St James has so far recorded 224 murders with 127 being recorded in Clarendon.
August has been the bloodiest month so far with 169 murders recorded.
Police have pledged to intensify efforts to arrest the spike in crime.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Rising US Rapper With Jamaican Roots Killed In Florida - June 19, 2018
- Woman Hides Her Face With Comical Emoji Mask When Collecting Lottery Winnings - June 17, 2018
- Teenaged Boy Charged For Cassava Piece Murder – JCF - June 16, 2018
- 7-Yr-Old Boy Dies In Tragic Freak Accident At School - June 14, 2018
- Pharmaceutical Society Of Jamaica Expresses Concern About Counterfeit Medicines - June 13, 2018
- Statue of Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Now In Jamaica - June 13, 2018
- Usain Bolt’s Superb Goal Disallowed In Football Game At Old Trafford - June 12, 2018
- Wayne Marshall Announces Death Of His Father In Touching Social Media Post - June 11, 2018
- Fraser-Pryce Wins 100-Metre Event At Racers Grand Prix - June 10, 2018
- Prime Minister Makes Historic Appearance At G7 Summit! - June 9, 2018