JDF Soldiers Deployed In Dominica To Aid In Relief Effort Following Hurricane Maria
Jamaica Defence Force (JDF) soldiers are currently assisting in the relief effort in the island of Dominica following the passage of Hurricane Maria.
There have been numerous reports of looting since the powerful hurricane ravaged the island.
Dominica was effectively cut off from the rest of the world after being the first island impacted by the full category-five force of Hurricane Maria.
The storm left at least 27 persons dead, silenced communications and cut power and water on the island.
“In the wake of widespread looting in Dominica following the passage of Hurricane Maria, members of the Jamaica Defence Force’s Disaster Assistance and Response Team (DART) have deployed to provide security in the business and commercial district in Roseau.”
“In addition to these security operations, the DART team will be assisting with providing relief, recovery and reconstruction services such as light construction, debris clearance and removal, medical care, and coordination and logistics support, among other critical activities,” the JDF said.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- 2018 FIFA World Cup Dream Still Alive For Jamaica’s Young Reggae Girlz - October 21, 2017
- Prolific Jamaican Striker Dane Kelly Earns Golden Boot Award In USL - October 20, 2017
- 91-Yr-Old Jamaican Man Killed, Wife Injured During Robbery In The US - October 19, 2017
- PM Gives Mount Salem ZOSO ‘B Plus’ Grade - October 19, 2017
- Several High Powered Weapons Seized at Newport West – JCF - October 18, 2017
- Reggae Boy Andre Blake Nominated For MLS Goalkeeper of the Year - October 18, 2017
- PM Declares Denham Town Second Zone of Special Operations - October 17, 2017
- Gunmen Kill Goat Farmer in St Elizabeth - October 17, 2017
- Sangster International Named Caribbean’s Leading Airport – World Travel Awards - October 15, 2017
- Jamaican Dollar Revalues Against US Greenback - October 14, 2017