JDF Soldiers Deployed In Dominica To Aid In Relief Effort Following Hurricane Maria
Jamaica Defence Force (JDF) soldiers are currently assisting in the relief effort in the island of Dominica following the passage of Hurricane Maria.
There have been numerous reports of looting since the powerful hurricane ravaged the island.
Dominica was effectively cut off from the rest of the world after being the first island impacted by the full category-five force of Hurricane Maria.
The storm left at least 27 persons dead, silenced communications and cut power and water on the island.
“In the wake of widespread looting in Dominica following the passage of Hurricane Maria, members of the Jamaica Defence Force’s Disaster Assistance and Response Team (DART) have deployed to provide security in the business and commercial district in Roseau.”
“In addition to these security operations, the DART team will be assisting with providing relief, recovery and reconstruction services such as light construction, debris clearance and removal, medical care, and coordination and logistics support, among other critical activities,” the JDF said.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- D&G Foundation Pumps 4.2 Million Into HEART Trust NTA Youth Development Programme - December 13, 2017
- Dancehall Artiste Mineral Boss Shot Dead In Caymanas Bay - December 13, 2017
- A New T20 Record! The ‘Universe Boss’ Smashes 146 Off 69 Balls (18 Sixes) - December 12, 2017
- Jamaica’s Edmund Bartlett Named Caribbean Tourism Minister of the Year - December 12, 2017
- Three Die After Gunmen Callously Attack Mourners At Funeral In Kingston - December 11, 2017
- Flash Flood Watch In Effect For Northern And Southeastern Parishes - December 11, 2017
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Delivers Two Assists In Leverkusen Win - December 10, 2017
- Jamaicans Driving Support Against Paediatric Cancer - December 9, 2017
- Missing US National Found - December 8, 2017
- Police Seek Public’s Help To Find Missing US National - December 7, 2017