Jamaica’s Omar McLeod Nominated for Male Athlete of the Year
Get Those Votes Out!
Jamaica’s ace hurdler – Omar McLeod has been nominated for IAAF Male Athlete of the year.
The reigning 110m Hurdles Olympic champion and World champion is the only Jamaican to named in this year’s shortlist for the coveted award.
Mcleod was the NCAA indoor champion in the 60 metres hurdles in 2014 and 2015 and outdoor champion in the 110 metres hurdles in 2015.
His personal best in the 110 metres hurdles (12.90 seconds) ranks him 5th on the world all-time list. He clocked 13.05 to earn gold in the men’s 110m hurdles at the Rio Olympics in 2016.
The voting period ends on October 16 with the 2017 IAAF Athletics Awards Ceremony scheduled to take place in Monaco on November 24, 2017.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 2: Julian Marley - March 12, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 1: Wayne Wonder - March 5, 2019
- Doctors Still Not Able To Diagnose Kemoy Campbell’s Condition - February 25, 2019
- Shaggy And Sting Cop Reggae Grammy - February 11, 2019
- Jamaica Remains 54th in Latest FIFA Rankings - February 8, 2019
- 3 Bedroom Home For Sale In St Thomas - February 5, 2019
- Caribbean Legal And Media Powerhouses Join Forces In South Florida - February 3, 2019
- First National Gallery Representation For Jamaican Visual Artist Maia Chung For 2019 - January 29, 2019
- Ruffi Drops Hot New Single “Pressure” - January 28, 2019
- Home With Breathtaking Sea View For Sale In Oracabessa - January 26, 2019