Jamaica’s Omar McLeod Nominated for Male Athlete of the Year
Get Those Votes Out!
Jamaica’s ace hurdler – Omar McLeod has been nominated for IAAF Male Athlete of the year.
The reigning 110m Hurdles Olympic champion and World champion is the only Jamaican to named in this year’s shortlist for the coveted award.
Mcleod was the NCAA indoor champion in the 60 metres hurdles in 2014 and 2015 and outdoor champion in the 110 metres hurdles in 2015.
His personal best in the 110 metres hurdles (12.90 seconds) ranks him 5th on the world all-time list. He clocked 13.05 to earn gold in the men’s 110m hurdles at the Rio Olympics in 2016.
The voting period ends on October 16 with the 2017 IAAF Athletics Awards Ceremony scheduled to take place in Monaco on November 24, 2017.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- 2018 FIFA World Cup Dream Still Alive For Jamaica’s Young Reggae Girlz - October 21, 2017
- Prolific Jamaican Striker Dane Kelly Earns Golden Boot Award In USL - October 20, 2017
- 91-Yr-Old Jamaican Man Killed, Wife Injured During Robbery In The US - October 19, 2017
- PM Gives Mount Salem ZOSO ‘B Plus’ Grade - October 19, 2017
- Several High Powered Weapons Seized at Newport West – JCF - October 18, 2017
- Reggae Boy Andre Blake Nominated For MLS Goalkeeper of the Year - October 18, 2017
- PM Declares Denham Town Second Zone of Special Operations - October 17, 2017
- Gunmen Kill Goat Farmer in St Elizabeth - October 17, 2017
- Sangster International Named Caribbean’s Leading Airport – World Travel Awards - October 15, 2017
- Jamaican Dollar Revalues Against US Greenback - October 14, 2017