Jamaica’s Omar McLeod Nominated for Male Athlete of the Year
Get Those Votes Out!
Jamaica’s ace hurdler – Omar McLeod has been nominated for IAAF Male Athlete of the year.
The reigning 110m Hurdles Olympic champion and World champion is the only Jamaican to named in this year’s shortlist for the coveted award.
Mcleod was the NCAA indoor champion in the 60 metres hurdles in 2014 and 2015 and outdoor champion in the 110 metres hurdles in 2015.
His personal best in the 110 metres hurdles (12.90 seconds) ranks him 5th on the world all-time list. He clocked 13.05 to earn gold in the men’s 110m hurdles at the Rio Olympics in 2016.
The voting period ends on October 16 with the 2017 IAAF Athletics Awards Ceremony scheduled to take place in Monaco on November 24, 2017.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Captivating Colombia Takes ‘Mad And Mean’ International Night Finals - May 23, 2019
- Jamaica’s Reggae Girlz Pull Off Comfortable 3-1 Win Over Panama - May 20, 2019
- James Bond Star Suffers Injury While Filming In Jamaica - May 15, 2019
- Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites Gear Up For ‘Mad and Mean’ Finals - May 10, 2019
- Gayle Returns Home To The Jamaica Tallawahs - May 6, 2019
- Less People Getting Married In Jamaica - April 22, 2019
- Minor Quake Rattles Sections Of Jamaica - April 15, 2019
- Who Will Win The Jamaican Premier Football League 2019? - April 3, 2019
- TTIX Yellow Cab Karaoke | Episode 4: Nyanda - March 27, 2019
- Veteran Broadcaster Dorraine Samuels Dies At 59 - March 26, 2019