Jamaica’s Omar McLeod Nominated for Male Athlete of the Year
Get Those Votes Out!
Jamaica’s ace hurdler – Omar McLeod has been nominated for IAAF Male Athlete of the year.
The reigning 110m Hurdles Olympic champion and World champion is the only Jamaican to named in this year’s shortlist for the coveted award.
Mcleod was the NCAA indoor champion in the 60 metres hurdles in 2014 and 2015 and outdoor champion in the 110 metres hurdles in 2015.
His personal best in the 110 metres hurdles (12.90 seconds) ranks him 5th on the world all-time list. He clocked 13.05 to earn gold in the men’s 110m hurdles at the Rio Olympics in 2016.
The voting period ends on October 16 with the 2017 IAAF Athletics Awards Ceremony scheduled to take place in Monaco on November 24, 2017.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Leon Bailey Named In Provisional Reggae Boyz Squad For 2020 Olympic Qualifiers - February 24, 2018
- Live Oil Seeps Discovered In Jamaica! - February 23, 2018
- Two Charged For Murder Of Elderly Jamaican-Canadian Couple - February 22, 2018
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez Visit Jamaica For His Dad’s Wedding - February 21, 2018
- Fire Destroys Historic Methodist Church In St Ann - February 21, 2018
- Jamaican Man Labelled A Hero After Saving Young Girl From Vicious Pit Bull In Florida - February 20, 2018
- Jamaica’s Female Bobsleighers Complete Impressive Run At Winter Olympics - February 20, 2018
- Leon Bailey Steals Ball Off Defender, Evades Goalkeeper To Score - February 19, 2018
- Jimmy Cliff’s Daughter In Marvel’s Black Panther Movie - February 18, 2018
- Victim In Florida Mass Shooting Reportedly Has Jamaican Roots (Updated) - February 16, 2018