Jamaican Wonderkid Leon Bailey Scores First Bundesliga Goal
Man Of The Match!
Man of the Match for #S04B04…
— Bayer 04 Leverkusen (@bayer04_en) September 29, 2017
Jamaican wonderkid Leon Bailey scored his maiden goal in the German Bundesliga for this team Bayer Leverkusen on Friday.
The skillful forward graced the field in the second half of an encounter against Schalke and proved to be more than a handful for his opposition which found him immensely difficult to contain.
The 20-year-old found the back of the net in minute 61 and forced the Schalke shot-stopper to make a spectacular save in the 94th minute.
After weaving his way through several Schalke defenders, Bailey hit a thunderous shot that the goalkeeper could only manage to parry to safety.
The match ended in a 1-1 draw. Schalke’s Leon Goretzka scored 10 minutes before halftime.
Bailey was named man of the match for his efforts.
On Sunday (September 24), Bailey also had two assists in his first full 90 minutes in the Bundesliga.
See those assists below:
— Bayer 04 Leverkusen (@bayer04_en) September 27, 2017
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Jamaica Represented In IDB Development Work - May 26, 2018
- Reggae Boyz Fall Out Of Top 50 In Latest FIFA Rankings - May 26, 2018
- Sean Paul Announces Death Of His Father - May 25, 2018
- Ananda Alert Issued For Missing St Ann Teen - May 24, 2018
- Street Team Win ‘Clash 13’ Of Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites Competition - May 23, 2018
- Ignite IGL Foundation Brings Cheer To Riverton Meadows Early Childhood Centre - May 22, 2018
- Gasoline Retailers Express Concern As Fuel Prices Rise - May 22, 2018
- Security Forces Seize Masks, Firearms In Westmoreland - May 21, 2018
- Gov’t Considers Increasing Ethanol Percentage In Petrol - May 20, 2018
- Bayern Munich Reportedly Make €60 Million Offer For Jamaican Winger Leon Bailey - May 19, 2018