Jamaican Wonderkid Leon Bailey Scores First Bundesliga Goal
Man Of The Match!
Man of the Match for #S04B04…
— Bayer 04 Leverkusen (@bayer04_en) September 29, 2017
Jamaican wonderkid Leon Bailey scored his maiden goal in the German Bundesliga for this team Bayer Leverkusen on Friday.
The skillful forward graced the field in the second half of an encounter against Schalke and proved to be more than a handful for his opposition which found him immensely difficult to contain.
The 20-year-old found the back of the net in minute 61 and forced the Schalke shot-stopper to make a spectacular save in the 94th minute.
After weaving his way through several Schalke defenders, Bailey hit a thunderous shot that the goalkeeper could only manage to parry to safety.
The match ended in a 1-1 draw. Schalke’s Leon Goretzka scored 10 minutes before halftime.
Bailey was named man of the match for his efforts.
On Sunday (September 24), Bailey also had two assists in his first full 90 minutes in the Bundesliga.
See those assists below:
— Bayer 04 Leverkusen (@bayer04_en) September 27, 2017
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- 100 People Killed In First 20 Days Of 2018 - January 22, 2018
- Primary School To Be Renamed For Veronica Campbell Brown - January 22, 2018
- Three Members Of Family Killed In St Thomas - January 21, 2018
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Scores Cheeky Back-Heel Goal For Bayer Leverkusen - January 20, 2018
- Canadian, British Tourists In St James Urged To Stay Within Resorts - January 20, 2018
- Former West Indies Youth Cricketer Of The Year Xavier Marshall To Represent The USA - January 19, 2018
- Major Military Operation In St James - January 18, 2018
- Bolt To Donate $1 Million To Children’s Home Following Deadly Fire - January 17, 2018
- Mobay Man Charged For Quadruple Murder - January 17, 2018
- Jamaica To Send First Women’s Bobsleigh Team To Olympics - January 16, 2018