Jamaican Wonderkid Leon Bailey Scores First Bundesliga Goal
Man Of The Match!
Man of the Match for #S04B04…
— Bayer 04 Leverkusen (@bayer04_en) September 29, 2017
Jamaican wonderkid Leon Bailey scored his maiden goal in the German Bundesliga for this team Bayer Leverkusen on Friday.
The skillful forward graced the field in the second half of an encounter against Schalke and proved to be more than a handful for his opposition which found him immensely difficult to contain.
The 20-year-old found the back of the net in minute 61 and forced the Schalke shot-stopper to make a spectacular save in the 94th minute.
After weaving his way through several Schalke defenders, Bailey hit a thunderous shot that the goalkeeper could only manage to parry to safety.
The match ended in a 1-1 draw. Schalke’s Leon Goretzka scored 10 minutes before halftime.
Bailey was named man of the match for his efforts.
On Sunday (September 24), Bailey also had two assists in his first full 90 minutes in the Bundesliga.
See those assists below:
— Bayer 04 Leverkusen (@bayer04_en) September 27, 2017
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Bolt To Train With Australian A-League Side Central Coast Mariners - July 17, 2018
- Accident Claims Life Of UWI Student In St Mary - July 16, 2018
- Jamaica’s Briana Williams Secures Rare Sprint Double At World U20 Championships - July 14, 2018
- Petrol Prices Surge Locally - July 12, 2018
- Protoje Tops Billboard Reggae Chart - July 11, 2018
- Kartel Possibly One Step Closer To Freedom - July 9, 2018
- Elderly Man Suspected Of Committing Suicide In Kingston - July 8, 2018
- Kartel’s Appeal Trial To Commence Next Week - July 6, 2018
- Jamaican-American Actress Sheryl Lee Ralph Inducted Into ICS Wall Of Fame - July 4, 2018
- Zero Murders In St Ann Last Month - July 3, 2018