G-City Gang Member Killed During Shoot-Out With Police – JCF
The Jamaica Constabulary Force (JCF) today revealed via a statement that a St. James based gunman and member of the G-City Gang, died as a result of injuries he received during a shooting incident with the Police in Red Ground Square, Old Harbour, St. Catherine this morning.
A Glock 40 Pistol with 12 rounds of ammunition was also taken from him according to the JCF.
He has been identified as Paul Jay Lewis otherwise called ‘Jay’ of Cornwall Court, Montego Bay, St. James.
Reports are that about 6:30 a.m., a team of officers went to apprehend Lewis, who confronted the police with the Glock 40 Pistol, during which he was shot and injured. The firearm was taken from him and he was transported to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Lewis and members of the G-City gang recently threatened to kill members of the security forces following the fatal shooting of the gang leader in Salt Spring in September. He is a known violence producer in St. James and was the target of several police operations; he however, eluded them and was displaced to Old Harbour.
Since the launch of the Zones of Special Operations in St. James, criminals are leaving the area to other areas outside of the parish and as such the security forces have implemented a displacement strategy to capture these men.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- 2018 FIFA World Cup Dream Still Alive For Jamaica’s Young Reggae Girlz - October 21, 2017
- Prolific Jamaican Striker Dane Kelly Earns Golden Boot Award In USL - October 20, 2017
- 91-Yr-Old Jamaican Man Killed, Wife Injured During Robbery In The US - October 19, 2017
- PM Gives Mount Salem ZOSO ‘B Plus’ Grade - October 19, 2017
- Several High Powered Weapons Seized at Newport West – JCF - October 18, 2017
- Reggae Boy Andre Blake Nominated For MLS Goalkeeper of the Year - October 18, 2017
- PM Declares Denham Town Second Zone of Special Operations - October 17, 2017
- Gunmen Kill Goat Farmer in St Elizabeth - October 17, 2017
- Sangster International Named Caribbean’s Leading Airport – World Travel Awards - October 15, 2017
- Jamaican Dollar Revalues Against US Greenback - October 14, 2017