Chris Gayle Wins Defamation Case Against Fairfax Media
West Indies cricketer Chris Gayle has won his defamation case against Fairfax media – one of the largest media companies in Australia and New Zealand.
Fairfax media had published reports claiming that the prolific batsman exposed himself to a female massage therapist in 2015.
According to media outlets in Australia, on Monday a jury in the New South Wales state Supreme Court concluded that Fairfax Media failed to prove that the allegations against Gayle were true.
Gayle denied the charges from day one and during a court hearing, the cricketer’s close friend – Donovan Miller told the court that Gayle became fearful in the presence women because of the allegations.
Following the trial, Gayle told reporters:
“It was very emotional for me to be criticised in such a manner.”
“This was the first time I had been in a court as well. I’m glad the public actually get a chance to read into things and they can hear what actually transpired.”
When one reporter asked if the verdict was better than scoring a century, Gayle promptly replied: “Yes, definitely.”
— TEN Eyewitness News (@channeltennews) October 30, 2017
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Wonderful Home FOR SALE At Unbelievable Price In Highgate! - December 10, 2018
- US-Born Citizen Nearly Deported To Jamaica - December 7, 2018
- First Solo Art Exhibition For Maia Chung At Reggae Mill - December 4, 2018
- Dalton Harris Wins The X Factor - December 2, 2018
- Reggae Music Added To Global Cultural Heritage List - December 1, 2018
- Jamaican Dalton Harris Advances To X Factor Finals - November 26, 2018
- NRSC Commends Government On Passing Of Road Traffic Act 2018 - November 23, 2018
- Jamaica Defeats USA To Qualify For Rugby League World Cup - November 21, 2018
- Jamaican Dalton Harris Delivers Incredible Rendition Of Beyonce’s ‘Listen’ On X Factor UK - November 18, 2018
- Stunning Furnished Home For RENT In Stonebrook Estate - November 12, 2018