Chris Gayle Wins Defamation Case Against Fairfax Media
West Indies cricketer Chris Gayle has won his defamation case against Fairfax media – one of the largest media companies in Australia and New Zealand.
Fairfax media had published reports claiming that the prolific batsman exposed himself to a female massage therapist in 2015.
According to media outlets in Australia, on Monday a jury in the New South Wales state Supreme Court concluded that Fairfax Media failed to prove that the allegations against Gayle were true.
Gayle denied the charges from day one and during a court hearing, the cricketer’s close friend – Donovan Miller told the court that Gayle became fearful in the presence women because of the allegations.
Following the trial, Gayle told reporters:
“It was very emotional for me to be criticised in such a manner.”
“This was the first time I had been in a court as well. I’m glad the public actually get a chance to read into things and they can hear what actually transpired.”
When one reporter asked if the verdict was better than scoring a century, Gayle promptly replied: “Yes, definitely.”
— TEN Eyewitness News (@channeltennews) October 30, 2017
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Woman Hides Her Face With Comical Emoji Mask When Collecting Lottery Winnings - June 17, 2018
- Teenaged Boy Charged For Cassava Piece Murder – JCF - June 16, 2018
- 7-Yr-Old Boy Dies In Tragic Freak Accident At School - June 14, 2018
- Pharmaceutical Society Of Jamaica Expresses Concern About Counterfeit Medicines - June 13, 2018
- Statue of Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Now In Jamaica - June 13, 2018
- Usain Bolt’s Superb Goal Disallowed In Football Game At Old Trafford - June 12, 2018
- Wayne Marshall Announces Death Of His Father In Touching Social Media Post - June 11, 2018
- Fraser-Pryce Wins 100-Metre Event At Racers Grand Prix - June 10, 2018
- Prime Minister Makes Historic Appearance At G7 Summit! - June 9, 2018
- Shelly-Ann Fraser Pryce Is Back On Track At The JN Racers Grand Prix Live On 1spotmedia Pay- Per- View - June 8, 2018