Chris Gayle Wins Defamation Case Against Fairfax Media
West Indies cricketer Chris Gayle has won his defamation case against Fairfax media – one of the largest media companies in Australia and New Zealand.
Fairfax media had published reports claiming that the prolific batsman exposed himself to a female massage therapist in 2015.
According to media outlets in Australia, on Monday a jury in the New South Wales state Supreme Court concluded that Fairfax Media failed to prove that the allegations against Gayle were true.
Gayle denied the charges from day one and during a court hearing, the cricketer’s close friend – Donovan Miller told the court that Gayle became fearful in the presence women because of the allegations.
Following the trial, Gayle told reporters:
“It was very emotional for me to be criticised in such a manner.”
“This was the first time I had been in a court as well. I’m glad the public actually get a chance to read into things and they can hear what actually transpired.”
When one reporter asked if the verdict was better than scoring a century, Gayle promptly replied: “Yes, definitely.”
— TEN Eyewitness News (@channeltennews) October 30, 2017
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Leon Bailey Named In Provisional Reggae Boyz Squad For 2020 Olympic Qualifiers - February 24, 2018
- Live Oil Seeps Discovered In Jamaica! - February 23, 2018
- Two Charged For Murder Of Elderly Jamaican-Canadian Couple - February 22, 2018
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez Visit Jamaica For His Dad’s Wedding - February 21, 2018
- Fire Destroys Historic Methodist Church In St Ann - February 21, 2018
- Jamaican Man Labelled A Hero After Saving Young Girl From Vicious Pit Bull In Florida - February 20, 2018
- Jamaica’s Female Bobsleighers Complete Impressive Run At Winter Olympics - February 20, 2018
- Leon Bailey Steals Ball Off Defender, Evades Goalkeeper To Score - February 19, 2018
- Jimmy Cliff’s Daughter In Marvel’s Black Panther Movie - February 18, 2018
- Victim In Florida Mass Shooting Reportedly Has Jamaican Roots (Updated) - February 16, 2018