Bolt Statue Unveiling Postponed
The unveiling of the highly anticipated statue of Jamaica’s legendary living sprinter Usain Bolt has been postponed.
The unveiling was initially scheduled to place place on Friday (Oct 13) at the National Stadium, but on Tuesday Sports Minister Olivia Grange revealed that is has been rescheduled.
Via a Facebook post she stated:
“The Minister of Culture, Gender, Entertainment and Sport, the Honourable Olivia Grange, has announced the rescheduling of the unveiling of the statue of the world’s greatest athlete, Jamaica’s Usain Bolt.
The statue was due to be unveiled on Friday, 13 October 2017 at the National Stadium. However, in light of the weather forecast for showers and thunderstorms and the fact that some guests have been affected by hurricanes this season and are unable to travel to Jamaica at this time, it was decided, in consultation with Usain Bolt’s management team, to reschedule this major outdoor activity.
The reception in honour of Jamaica’s track and field athletes who went to this year’s World Championships which was due to take place immediately following the unveiling of the statue has also been rescheduled.
The new date for both activities is Sunday, 3 December 2017.”
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- 100 People Killed In First 20 Days Of 2018 - January 22, 2018
- Primary School To Be Renamed For Veronica Campbell Brown - January 22, 2018
- Three Members Of Family Killed In St Thomas - January 21, 2018
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Scores Cheeky Back-Heel Goal For Bayer Leverkusen - January 20, 2018
- Canadian, British Tourists In St James Urged To Stay Within Resorts - January 20, 2018
- Former West Indies Youth Cricketer Of The Year Xavier Marshall To Represent The USA - January 19, 2018
- Major Military Operation In St James - January 18, 2018
- Bolt To Donate $1 Million To Children’s Home Following Deadly Fire - January 17, 2018
- Mobay Man Charged For Quadruple Murder - January 17, 2018
- Jamaica To Send First Women’s Bobsleigh Team To Olympics - January 16, 2018