‘A Lot’ Of Football Clubs Have Contacted Me – Usain Bolt
The greatest sprinter of all time – Jamaica’s Usain Bolt has never shied away from expressing his love for the sport of football.
Though he continues to recuperate from a hamstring injury that saw him fail to complete his final professional race, the legendary athlete has indicated that he will be ready to compete in some games next year.
During a recent interview with Fifa.com Bolt was asked about his potential involvement in the sport.
His response: “I would love to play football now I’ve retired from track and field. I’ve been talking about it in interviews and a lot of clubs have reached out. Unfortunately, I got a bad hamstring injury in August and haven’t been able to do any training since then. Hopefully I will be able to play some games in 2018.”
Bolt is an avid supporter of the English top tier club – Manchester United and has on several occasions publicly expressed his immense desire to play football professionally for the team.
And earlier this year, he seemed set to finally get his wish after signing a contract to play for the club in a ‘Legends’ charity match against Barcelona that took place on September 2.
However just weeks prior to the game it was revealed that an injury Bolt sustained at this year’s world championships was more severe than previously believed and he was effectively ruled out of participating in that game.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Rising US Rapper With Jamaican Roots Killed In Florida - June 19, 2018
- Woman Hides Her Face With Comical Emoji Mask When Collecting Lottery Winnings - June 17, 2018
- Teenaged Boy Charged For Cassava Piece Murder – JCF - June 16, 2018
- 7-Yr-Old Boy Dies In Tragic Freak Accident At School - June 14, 2018
- Pharmaceutical Society Of Jamaica Expresses Concern About Counterfeit Medicines - June 13, 2018
- Statue of Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Now In Jamaica - June 13, 2018
- Usain Bolt’s Superb Goal Disallowed In Football Game At Old Trafford - June 12, 2018
- Wayne Marshall Announces Death Of His Father In Touching Social Media Post - June 11, 2018
- Fraser-Pryce Wins 100-Metre Event At Racers Grand Prix - June 10, 2018
- Prime Minister Makes Historic Appearance At G7 Summit! - June 9, 2018