‘A Lot’ Of Football Clubs Have Contacted Me – Usain Bolt
The greatest sprinter of all time – Jamaica’s Usain Bolt has never shied away from expressing his love for the sport of football.
Though he continues to recuperate from a hamstring injury that saw him fail to complete his final professional race, the legendary athlete has indicated that he will be ready to compete in some games next year.
During a recent interview with Fifa.com Bolt was asked about his potential involvement in the sport.
His response: “I would love to play football now I’ve retired from track and field. I’ve been talking about it in interviews and a lot of clubs have reached out. Unfortunately, I got a bad hamstring injury in August and haven’t been able to do any training since then. Hopefully I will be able to play some games in 2018.”
Bolt is an avid supporter of the English top tier club – Manchester United and has on several occasions publicly expressed his immense desire to play football professionally for the team.
And earlier this year, he seemed set to finally get his wish after signing a contract to play for the club in a ‘Legends’ charity match against Barcelona that took place on September 2.
However just weeks prior to the game it was revealed that an injury Bolt sustained at this year’s world championships was more severe than previously believed and he was effectively ruled out of participating in that game.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Wonderful Home FOR SALE At Unbelievable Price In Highgate! - December 10, 2018
- US-Born Citizen Nearly Deported To Jamaica - December 7, 2018
- First Solo Art Exhibition For Maia Chung At Reggae Mill - December 4, 2018
- Dalton Harris Wins The X Factor - December 2, 2018
- Reggae Music Added To Global Cultural Heritage List - December 1, 2018
- Jamaican Dalton Harris Advances To X Factor Finals - November 26, 2018
- NRSC Commends Government On Passing Of Road Traffic Act 2018 - November 23, 2018
- Jamaica Defeats USA To Qualify For Rugby League World Cup - November 21, 2018
- Jamaican Dalton Harris Delivers Incredible Rendition Of Beyonce’s ‘Listen’ On X Factor UK - November 18, 2018
- Stunning Furnished Home For RENT In Stonebrook Estate - November 12, 2018