MVP Athlete Dies In Hope Road Crash, Another Injured
MVP Track Club athlete Jordan Scott reportedly died in a car crash on Hope Road yesterday morning (September 10).
Scott, formerly of Mannings School and Petersfield High attended the University of Technology (UTECH).
Another MVP athlete – Michael Campbell was also injured in the crash and has been admitted to the University Hospital of the West Indies.
Campbell was a member of Jamaica’s 4x100m relay team at this year’s IAAF World Championships in London.
Reports indicate that the car was travelling along Hope Road towards Papine at 4:45 am, when the driver overtook an ambulance at the intersection of Hope and Lady Musgrave Roads.
Scott reportedly lost control of the vehicle before crashing into a median and then a utility pole before the car burst into flames.
The men were rescued from the blaze and taken to hospital where Scott was pronounced dead and Campbell admitted in serious condition.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Jamaica’s Briana Williams Becomes NACAC 100m Champion - July 9, 2019
- Ruffi Scores Big With Hot New Single Holiday (VIDEO) - June 29, 2019
- Reggae Girlz Take On Scotland Today! - May 28, 2019
- Captivating Colombia Takes ‘Mad And Mean’ International Night Finals - May 23, 2019
- Jamaica’s Reggae Girlz Pull Off Comfortable 3-1 Win Over Panama - May 20, 2019
- James Bond Star Suffers Injury While Filming In Jamaica - May 15, 2019
- Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites Gear Up For ‘Mad and Mean’ Finals - May 10, 2019
- Gayle Returns Home To The Jamaica Tallawahs - May 6, 2019
- Less People Getting Married In Jamaica - April 22, 2019
- Minor Quake Rattles Sections Of Jamaica - April 15, 2019