MVP Athlete Dies In Hope Road Crash, Another Injured
MVP Track Club athlete Jordan Scott reportedly died in a car crash on Hope Road yesterday morning (September 10).
Scott, formerly of Mannings School and Petersfield High attended the University of Technology (UTECH).
Another MVP athlete – Michael Campbell was also injured in the crash and has been admitted to the University Hospital of the West Indies.
Campbell was a member of Jamaica’s 4x100m relay team at this year’s IAAF World Championships in London.
Reports indicate that the car was travelling along Hope Road towards Papine at 4:45 am, when the driver overtook an ambulance at the intersection of Hope and Lady Musgrave Roads.
Scott reportedly lost control of the vehicle before crashing into a median and then a utility pole before the car burst into flames.
The men were rescued from the blaze and taken to hospital where Scott was pronounced dead and Campbell admitted in serious condition.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Kartel Hospitalised - September 25, 2017
- Jermaine Barrett Dies After Hard Fought Battle With Cancer - September 25, 2017
- Most Wanted ‘Duppy Film’ Reportedly Killed By Police In St Thomas - September 24, 2017
- Miss Jamaica World 2017 Crowned - September 24, 2017
- US To Assist With Probe Into Tourist’s Death - September 23, 2017
- Autopsy On Medical Doctor’s Body To Be Conducted Today - September 22, 2017
- NCU Student Wins Full Tuition In Red Stripe ‘Drink Right’ App Design Competition - September 21, 2017
- Jamaican Model Gabrielle Davis Joins Cast Of VH1’s Love & Hip Hop: Miami - September 21, 2017
- Jamaica By Bike Returns With Kingston To Negril Charity Ride - September 20, 2017
- Cop Killed By Gunmen At His Home In St Catherine - September 20, 2017