MVP Athlete Dies In Hope Road Crash, Another Injured
MVP Track Club athlete Jordan Scott reportedly died in a car crash on Hope Road yesterday morning (September 10).
Scott, formerly of Mannings School and Petersfield High attended the University of Technology (UTECH).
Another MVP athlete – Michael Campbell was also injured in the crash and has been admitted to the University Hospital of the West Indies.
Campbell was a member of Jamaica’s 4x100m relay team at this year’s IAAF World Championships in London.
Reports indicate that the car was travelling along Hope Road towards Papine at 4:45 am, when the driver overtook an ambulance at the intersection of Hope and Lady Musgrave Roads.
Scott reportedly lost control of the vehicle before crashing into a median and then a utility pole before the car burst into flames.
The men were rescued from the blaze and taken to hospital where Scott was pronounced dead and Campbell admitted in serious condition.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- JCDC, Patrick Kitson Launch Dual Art Exhibition In Kingston - August 14, 2018
- CSEC Results Show Significant Improvement Over Last Year - August 13, 2018
- Jamaican Dollar Flies Past $136 Against US - August 10, 2018
- Asphalt Supplies Now Available – Petrojam - August 9, 2018
- Alia Atkinson To Receive Order Of Distinction - August 7, 2018
- Police Recover Stolen Goats in Clarendon - August 6, 2018
- Foreign Exchange: J$135.46 To One US Dollar - August 4, 2018
- Ruffi Drops Music Video For His Hit Single ‘Survive’ - August 1, 2018
- Power Star Applies For Jamaican Citizenship - July 31, 2018
- Yendi Phillipps Gets Baptised - July 30, 2018