Jermaine Barrett Dies After Hard Fought Battle With Cancer
Jermaine Barrett, the Montego Bay man who garnered national attention last year after being afflicted with an aggressive form of cancer has died.
The 28-year-old, who was the breadwinner for his family was tormented by a massive growth on his face for quite some time.
He was eventually brought to the United States to receive medical aid but returned to Jamaica after more than a year of treatment which included multiple surgeries.
He reportedly passed away at his home in Mt. Salem, St. James, Sunday morning.
Many persons have already utilised social media to express sadness since his passing.
“R.I.P Jermaine Jermaine Fatmanscoop Barrett you fought long and hard,” commented one Facebook user.
“I had the news last night and was shaking and filled with pains in my soul.., I don’t have much to say Jermaine Fatmanscoop Barrett but RIP in the bosom of the Lord.. you fought well,” wrote another.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- 2018 FIFA World Cup Dream Still Alive For Jamaica’s Young Reggae Girlz - October 21, 2017
- Prolific Jamaican Striker Dane Kelly Earns Golden Boot Award In USL - October 20, 2017
- 91-Yr-Old Jamaican Man Killed, Wife Injured During Robbery In The US - October 19, 2017
- PM Gives Mount Salem ZOSO ‘B Plus’ Grade - October 19, 2017
- Several High Powered Weapons Seized at Newport West – JCF - October 18, 2017
- Reggae Boy Andre Blake Nominated For MLS Goalkeeper of the Year - October 18, 2017
- PM Declares Denham Town Second Zone of Special Operations - October 17, 2017
- Gunmen Kill Goat Farmer in St Elizabeth - October 17, 2017
- Sangster International Named Caribbean’s Leading Airport – World Travel Awards - October 15, 2017
- Jamaican Dollar Revalues Against US Greenback - October 14, 2017