Jamaican Dollar Nears $130 to US$1
The Jamaican dollar weakened by a significant margin against the US dollar on Wednesday.
The trading summary from the Bank of Jamaica (BOJ) reveals that during Wednesday’s trading day the Jamaican dollar devalued by 49 cents against the US dollar.
The dollar closed at $129.91 compared to $129.42 on the prior trading day.
Earlier this year, the Jamaican dollar sank to a historic low but recovered having only recently surpassed the $129 mark. The British Pound Sterling closed at $168.72 from $165.79, while the Canadian dollar closed at $105.61 from $105.17.
Related Post: How the Jamaican Dollar Has Devalued Over Time
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Kartel Hospitalised - September 25, 2017
- Jermaine Barrett Dies After Hard Fought Battle With Cancer - September 25, 2017
- Most Wanted ‘Duppy Film’ Reportedly Killed By Police In St Thomas - September 24, 2017
- Miss Jamaica World 2017 Crowned - September 24, 2017
- US To Assist With Probe Into Tourist’s Death - September 23, 2017
- Autopsy On Medical Doctor’s Body To Be Conducted Today - September 22, 2017
- NCU Student Wins Full Tuition In Red Stripe ‘Drink Right’ App Design Competition - September 21, 2017
- Jamaican Model Gabrielle Davis Joins Cast Of VH1’s Love & Hip Hop: Miami - September 21, 2017
- Jamaica By Bike Returns With Kingston To Negril Charity Ride - September 20, 2017
- Cop Killed By Gunmen At His Home In St Catherine - September 20, 2017