Jamaican Dollar Nears $130 to US$1
The Jamaican dollar weakened by a significant margin against the US dollar on Wednesday.
The trading summary from the Bank of Jamaica (BOJ) reveals that during Wednesday’s trading day the Jamaican dollar devalued by 49 cents against the US dollar.
The dollar closed at $129.91 compared to $129.42 on the prior trading day.
Earlier this year, the Jamaican dollar sank to a historic low but recovered having only recently surpassed the $129 mark. The British Pound Sterling closed at $168.72 from $165.79, while the Canadian dollar closed at $105.61 from $105.17.
Related Post: How the Jamaican Dollar Has Devalued Over Time
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Weather – More Rain On The Horizon For Jamaica - November 24, 2017
- Andre Blake, Kemar Lawrence, Theodore Whitmore Shortlisted For CONCACAF Awards - November 23, 2017
- Starbucks Opens First Store In Jamaica - November 21, 2017
- BREAKING: Ninja Man, Co-accused Found Guilty Of Murder - November 20, 2017
- Woman, Daughter Killed In St James - November 20, 2017
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Scores Fifth Goal For Bayer Leverkusen - November 20, 2017
- Atkinson Maintains Unbeaten Streak In 50m Breaststroke As FINA Swimming Short Course World Cup Concludes - November 19, 2017
- Jamaica’s Solange Sinclair Makes Miss World Top 10 - November 18, 2017
- The Impact of Reggae on Worldwide Culture - November 17, 2017
- American Man Detained After Allegedly Sexually Assaulting Minor At Resort In Jamaica - November 16, 2017