Jamaican Dollar Nears $130 to US$1
The Jamaican dollar weakened by a significant margin against the US dollar on Wednesday.
The trading summary from the Bank of Jamaica (BOJ) reveals that during Wednesday’s trading day the Jamaican dollar devalued by 49 cents against the US dollar.
The dollar closed at $129.91 compared to $129.42 on the prior trading day.
Earlier this year, the Jamaican dollar sank to a historic low but recovered having only recently surpassed the $129 mark. The British Pound Sterling closed at $168.72 from $165.79, while the Canadian dollar closed at $105.61 from $105.17.
Related Post: How the Jamaican Dollar Has Devalued Over Time
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Usain Bolt Scores Twice And Pulls Off Exquisite Nutmeg In Borussia Dortmund Training Session - March 24, 2018
- National Under 15 And Under 18 Table Tennis Squad Scheduled For Caribbean Tournament In Cuba - March 22, 2018
- “I Think We Can” See Bolt At Old Trafford Next Season – José Mourinho - March 22, 2018
- Usain Bolt Scores Superb Header In Borussia Dortmund Kit! - March 21, 2018
- Former England Youth Star Appears Eager To Join Reggae Boyz - March 21, 2018
- Getting De-Inked: Why Jamaicans Are Rethinking Their Tattoos - March 20, 2018
- Jay Z, Beyonce Visit Jamaica - March 20, 2018
- State Of Public Emergency Declared In St. Catherine North Police Division - March 19, 2018
- Plans In Place To Make Port Royal Jamaica’s Next Big Cruise Destination - March 18, 2018
- Jamaican Among Six Killed In Bridge Collapse At Florida University - March 17, 2018