Jamaican Dollar Nears $130 to US$1
The Jamaican dollar weakened by a significant margin against the US dollar on Wednesday.
The trading summary from the Bank of Jamaica (BOJ) reveals that during Wednesday’s trading day the Jamaican dollar devalued by 49 cents against the US dollar.
The dollar closed at $129.91 compared to $129.42 on the prior trading day.
Earlier this year, the Jamaican dollar sank to a historic low but recovered having only recently surpassed the $129 mark. The British Pound Sterling closed at $168.72 from $165.79, while the Canadian dollar closed at $105.61 from $105.17.
Related Post: How the Jamaican Dollar Has Devalued Over Time
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- 100 People Killed In First 20 Days Of 2018 - January 22, 2018
- Primary School To Be Renamed For Veronica Campbell Brown - January 22, 2018
- Three Members Of Family Killed In St Thomas - January 21, 2018
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Scores Cheeky Back-Heel Goal For Bayer Leverkusen - January 20, 2018
- Canadian, British Tourists In St James Urged To Stay Within Resorts - January 20, 2018
- Former West Indies Youth Cricketer Of The Year Xavier Marshall To Represent The USA - January 19, 2018
- Major Military Operation In St James - January 18, 2018
- Bolt To Donate $1 Million To Children’s Home Following Deadly Fire - January 17, 2018
- Mobay Man Charged For Quadruple Murder - January 17, 2018
- Jamaica To Send First Women’s Bobsleigh Team To Olympics - January 16, 2018