Jamaican Dollar Falls To All-Time Low Against US
The trading summary from the Bank of Jamaica (BOJ) has revealed that on Wednesday (September 13) the Jamaican dollar devalued by 37 cents against the US dollar.
The local currency closed at $130.51 against the US greenback from $130.14 a day earlier day.
This means the Jamaican dollar currently trades at an all time low, surpassing the previous low of $130.48 set on May 24.
Meanwhile, the British Pound Sterling closed at $172.62 from $170.10, while the Canadian dollar closed at $107.43 from $107.52.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Accident Claims Life Of UWI Student In St Mary - July 16, 2018
- Jamaica’s Briana Williams Secures Rare Sprint Double At World U20 Championships - July 14, 2018
- Petrol Prices Surge Locally - July 12, 2018
- Protoje Tops Billboard Reggae Chart - July 11, 2018
- Kartel Possibly One Step Closer To Freedom - July 9, 2018
- Elderly Man Suspected Of Committing Suicide In Kingston - July 8, 2018
- Kartel’s Appeal Trial To Commence Next Week - July 6, 2018
- Jamaican-American Actress Sheryl Lee Ralph Inducted Into ICS Wall Of Fame - July 4, 2018
- Zero Murders In St Ann Last Month - July 3, 2018
- Pregnant Woman Killed In Vicious Gun Attack In Portland - July 2, 2018