Hurricane Irma Strengthens to Category 5 Storm As It Approaches Caribbean
Hurricane Irma has now strengthened to a Category 5 storm.
The powerful cyclone is expected to remain a very dangerous hurricane as it nears the Leeward Islands.
Latest computer generated models show the storm avoiding Jamaica but meteorologists have indicated that Puerto Rico and other Caribbean may begin to feel its wrath by the end of the day.
America’s National Hurricane Center said the storm was approximately 320 miles (515 kilometers) east of the Leeward Islands as of 6 am on Tuesday. It is producing maximum sustained winds of 150 mph (240 kph) as it continues to head west at 14 mph (22 kph).
Irma is expected to make landfall early Wednesday on the island of Anguilla.
Jamaica’s Meteorological Service said Hurricane Irma is not currently a threat to the island but will keep an eye on the system.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Woman Hides Her Face With Comical Emoji Mask When Collecting Lottery Winnings - June 17, 2018
- Teenaged Boy Charged For Cassava Piece Murder – JCF - June 16, 2018
- 7-Yr-Old Boy Dies In Tragic Freak Accident At School - June 14, 2018
- Pharmaceutical Society Of Jamaica Expresses Concern About Counterfeit Medicines - June 13, 2018
- Statue of Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Now In Jamaica - June 13, 2018
- Usain Bolt’s Superb Goal Disallowed In Football Game At Old Trafford - June 12, 2018
- Wayne Marshall Announces Death Of His Father In Touching Social Media Post - June 11, 2018
- Fraser-Pryce Wins 100-Metre Event At Racers Grand Prix - June 10, 2018
- Prime Minister Makes Historic Appearance At G7 Summit! - June 9, 2018
- Shelly-Ann Fraser Pryce Is Back On Track At The JN Racers Grand Prix Live On 1spotmedia Pay- Per- View - June 8, 2018