Hurricane Irma Pushes Closer To Caribbean
As of 11 p.m. Sunday (September 3) Hurricane Irma was approximately 710 miles east of Barbuda and Antigua, on the Caribbean’s eastern perimeter.
The powerful storm has already achieved Category 3 status and continues to move west-southwest at 14 miles.
Hurricane watches are already in effect in several Caribbean islands including Antigua, Barbuda, Anguilla, Montserrat, St. Kitts, Nevis Saba, St. Eustatius, St. Martin among others.
Fortunately the latest computer models suggest Jamaica is likely to be spared the wrath of the powerful storm but that could change in the coming days.
America’s National Hurricane Center’s intensity forecast indicates Irma could become a Category 4 hurricane in the next few days with winds up to 140 mph. Category four storms have sustained winds of between 130-156 mph.
The highest classification in the scale, Category 5, contains storms with sustained winds exceeding 156 mph (70 m/s; 136 kn; 251 km/h).
More updates later.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Woman Hides Her Face With Comical Emoji Mask When Collecting Lottery Winnings - June 17, 2018
- Teenaged Boy Charged For Cassava Piece Murder – JCF - June 16, 2018
- 7-Yr-Old Boy Dies In Tragic Freak Accident At School - June 14, 2018
- Pharmaceutical Society Of Jamaica Expresses Concern About Counterfeit Medicines - June 13, 2018
- Statue of Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Now In Jamaica - June 13, 2018
- Usain Bolt’s Superb Goal Disallowed In Football Game At Old Trafford - June 12, 2018
- Wayne Marshall Announces Death Of His Father In Touching Social Media Post - June 11, 2018
- Fraser-Pryce Wins 100-Metre Event At Racers Grand Prix - June 10, 2018
- Prime Minister Makes Historic Appearance At G7 Summit! - June 9, 2018
- Shelly-Ann Fraser Pryce Is Back On Track At The JN Racers Grand Prix Live On 1spotmedia Pay- Per- View - June 8, 2018