Heavy Rain In Sections Of Jamaica Due To Hurricane Irma
Jamaica was spared the wrath of Hurricane Irma, the powerful cyclone which recently rendered the small island of Barbuda uninhabitable.
But though the storm, now a Category 4 hurricane did not impact Jamaica directly, portions of the island are reportedly experiencing heavy rains as a result of its passage through the region.
The Meteorological Service of Jamaica today stated that a trough is currently across the island as a result of Hurricane Irma to the north.
The Met Service says the trough is expected to remain in the vicinity of Jamaica for the remainder of the weekend.
Periods of showers and thunderstorms are expected to affect sections of the island through to Sunday.
Irma has claimed at least 25 lives across the Caribbean and is expected to pummel Florida where it is projected to make landfall on Sunday.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Woman Hides Her Face With Comical Emoji Mask When Collecting Lottery Winnings - June 17, 2018
- Teenaged Boy Charged For Cassava Piece Murder – JCF - June 16, 2018
- 7-Yr-Old Boy Dies In Tragic Freak Accident At School - June 14, 2018
- Pharmaceutical Society Of Jamaica Expresses Concern About Counterfeit Medicines - June 13, 2018
- Statue of Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Now In Jamaica - June 13, 2018
- Usain Bolt’s Superb Goal Disallowed In Football Game At Old Trafford - June 12, 2018
- Wayne Marshall Announces Death Of His Father In Touching Social Media Post - June 11, 2018
- Fraser-Pryce Wins 100-Metre Event At Racers Grand Prix - June 10, 2018
- Prime Minister Makes Historic Appearance At G7 Summit! - June 9, 2018
- Shelly-Ann Fraser Pryce Is Back On Track At The JN Racers Grand Prix Live On 1spotmedia Pay- Per- View - June 8, 2018