Heavy Rain In Sections Of Jamaica Due To Hurricane Irma
Jamaica was spared the wrath of Hurricane Irma, the powerful cyclone which recently rendered the small island of Barbuda uninhabitable.
But though the storm, now a Category 4 hurricane did not impact Jamaica directly, portions of the island are reportedly experiencing heavy rains as a result of its passage through the region.
The Meteorological Service of Jamaica today stated that a trough is currently across the island as a result of Hurricane Irma to the north.
The Met Service says the trough is expected to remain in the vicinity of Jamaica for the remainder of the weekend.
Periods of showers and thunderstorms are expected to affect sections of the island through to Sunday.
Irma has claimed at least 25 lives across the Caribbean and is expected to pummel Florida where it is projected to make landfall on Sunday.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Getting De-Inked: Why Jamaicans Are Rethinking Their Tattoos - March 20, 2018
- Jay Z, Beyonce Visit Jamaica - March 20, 2018
- State Of Public Emergency Declared In St. Catherine North Police Division - March 19, 2018
- Plans In Place To Make Port Royal Jamaica’s Next Big Cruise Destination - March 18, 2018
- Jamaican Among Six Killed In Bridge Collapse At Florida University - March 17, 2018
- Police Seize Over 1000 Rounds Of Assorted Ammunition In Cemetery – JCF - March 16, 2018
- Lisa Hanna – “Trump’s Tariffs Could Hurt Jamaica Badly!” - March 15, 2018
- 20 Million Streams On Spotify For Devin Di Dakta - March 15, 2018
- Jamaican Artiste Sues Miley Cyrus For US$300 Million Over ‘We Can’t Stop’ - March 14, 2018
- US$500 Round Trip Flights From Jamaica To Germany Now Being Offered - March 14, 2018