Heavy Rain In Sections Of Jamaica Due To Hurricane Irma
Jamaica was spared the wrath of Hurricane Irma, the powerful cyclone which recently rendered the small island of Barbuda uninhabitable.
But though the storm, now a Category 4 hurricane did not impact Jamaica directly, portions of the island are reportedly experiencing heavy rains as a result of its passage through the region.
The Meteorological Service of Jamaica today stated that a trough is currently across the island as a result of Hurricane Irma to the north.
The Met Service says the trough is expected to remain in the vicinity of Jamaica for the remainder of the weekend.
Periods of showers and thunderstorms are expected to affect sections of the island through to Sunday.
Irma has claimed at least 25 lives across the Caribbean and is expected to pummel Florida where it is projected to make landfall on Sunday.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Weather – More Rain On The Horizon For Jamaica - November 24, 2017
- Andre Blake, Kemar Lawrence, Theodore Whitmore Shortlisted For CONCACAF Awards - November 23, 2017
- Starbucks Opens First Store In Jamaica - November 21, 2017
- BREAKING: Ninja Man, Co-accused Found Guilty Of Murder - November 20, 2017
- Woman, Daughter Killed In St James - November 20, 2017
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Scores Fifth Goal For Bayer Leverkusen - November 20, 2017
- Atkinson Maintains Unbeaten Streak In 50m Breaststroke As FINA Swimming Short Course World Cup Concludes - November 19, 2017
- Jamaica’s Solange Sinclair Makes Miss World Top 10 - November 18, 2017
- The Impact of Reggae on Worldwide Culture - November 17, 2017
- American Man Detained After Allegedly Sexually Assaulting Minor At Resort In Jamaica - November 16, 2017