Heavy Rain In Sections Of Jamaica Due To Hurricane Irma
Jamaica was spared the wrath of Hurricane Irma, the powerful cyclone which recently rendered the small island of Barbuda uninhabitable.
But though the storm, now a Category 4 hurricane did not impact Jamaica directly, portions of the island are reportedly experiencing heavy rains as a result of its passage through the region.
The Meteorological Service of Jamaica today stated that a trough is currently across the island as a result of Hurricane Irma to the north.
The Met Service says the trough is expected to remain in the vicinity of Jamaica for the remainder of the weekend.
Periods of showers and thunderstorms are expected to affect sections of the island through to Sunday.
Irma has claimed at least 25 lives across the Caribbean and is expected to pummel Florida where it is projected to make landfall on Sunday.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Kartel Hospitalised - September 25, 2017
- Jermaine Barrett Dies After Hard Fought Battle With Cancer - September 25, 2017
- Most Wanted ‘Duppy Film’ Reportedly Killed By Police In St Thomas - September 24, 2017
- Miss Jamaica World 2017 Crowned - September 24, 2017
- US To Assist With Probe Into Tourist’s Death - September 23, 2017
- Autopsy On Medical Doctor’s Body To Be Conducted Today - September 22, 2017
- NCU Student Wins Full Tuition In Red Stripe ‘Drink Right’ App Design Competition - September 21, 2017
- Jamaican Model Gabrielle Davis Joins Cast Of VH1’s Love & Hip Hop: Miami - September 21, 2017
- Jamaica By Bike Returns With Kingston To Negril Charity Ride - September 20, 2017
- Cop Killed By Gunmen At His Home In St Catherine - September 20, 2017