Flash Flood Warning In Effect For ALL Parishes
The Meteorological Service has issued a Flash Flood Warning for low-lying and flood-prone areas of all parishes effective until 5:00 a.m. tomorrow.
A Trough across the western Caribbean and a Tropical Wave across Jamaica continue to influence weather conditions across the island. Satellite imagery and radar reports indicate that light to moderate and at times heavy showers and thunderstorms have been occurring across sections of all parishes throughout the day.
Showers and thunderstorms, which could be heavy at times, are expected to continue to affect sections of most parishes through to tomorrow morning. Flash flooding is therefore imminent over some low-lying and flood-prone areas of Jamaica.
A FLASH FLOOD WARNING means flooding has been reported or will occur shortly. Motorists and pedestrians should not attempt to cross flooded roadways or other low-lying areas as strong currents are likely. Residents in low-lying areas should be on the alert for rising waters and be ready to move quickly to higher ground.
The Meteorological Service will continue to monitor the situation.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- D&G Foundation Pumps 4.2 Million Into HEART Trust NTA Youth Development Programme - December 13, 2017
- Dancehall Artiste Mineral Boss Shot Dead In Caymanas Bay - December 13, 2017
- A New T20 Record! The ‘Universe Boss’ Smashes 146 Off 69 Balls (18 Sixes) - December 12, 2017
- Jamaica’s Edmund Bartlett Named Caribbean Tourism Minister of the Year - December 12, 2017
- Three Die After Gunmen Callously Attack Mourners At Funeral In Kingston - December 11, 2017
- Flash Flood Watch In Effect For Northern And Southeastern Parishes - December 11, 2017
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Delivers Two Assists In Leverkusen Win - December 10, 2017
- Jamaicans Driving Support Against Paediatric Cancer - December 9, 2017
- Missing US National Found - December 8, 2017
- Police Seek Public’s Help To Find Missing US National - December 7, 2017