Flash Flood Warning In Effect For ALL Parishes
The Meteorological Service has issued a Flash Flood Warning for low-lying and flood-prone areas of all parishes effective until 5:00 a.m. tomorrow.
A Trough across the western Caribbean and a Tropical Wave across Jamaica continue to influence weather conditions across the island. Satellite imagery and radar reports indicate that light to moderate and at times heavy showers and thunderstorms have been occurring across sections of all parishes throughout the day.
Showers and thunderstorms, which could be heavy at times, are expected to continue to affect sections of most parishes through to tomorrow morning. Flash flooding is therefore imminent over some low-lying and flood-prone areas of Jamaica.
A FLASH FLOOD WARNING means flooding has been reported or will occur shortly. Motorists and pedestrians should not attempt to cross flooded roadways or other low-lying areas as strong currents are likely. Residents in low-lying areas should be on the alert for rising waters and be ready to move quickly to higher ground.
The Meteorological Service will continue to monitor the situation.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- 2018 FIFA World Cup Dream Still Alive For Jamaica’s Young Reggae Girlz - October 21, 2017
- Prolific Jamaican Striker Dane Kelly Earns Golden Boot Award In USL - October 20, 2017
- 91-Yr-Old Jamaican Man Killed, Wife Injured During Robbery In The US - October 19, 2017
- PM Gives Mount Salem ZOSO ‘B Plus’ Grade - October 19, 2017
- Several High Powered Weapons Seized at Newport West – JCF - October 18, 2017
- Reggae Boy Andre Blake Nominated For MLS Goalkeeper of the Year - October 18, 2017
- PM Declares Denham Town Second Zone of Special Operations - October 17, 2017
- Gunmen Kill Goat Farmer in St Elizabeth - October 17, 2017
- Sangster International Named Caribbean’s Leading Airport – World Travel Awards - October 15, 2017
- Jamaican Dollar Revalues Against US Greenback - October 14, 2017