BREAKING: Prime Minister Declares Zone of Special Operations In Mount Salem, St. James
On Friday morning (Sept 1) Prime Minister Andrew Holness declared Mount Salem, St James and its environs as the first Zone of Special Operation.
He made the announcement during a press briefing at the Office of the Prime Minister.
Security forces will operate under special conditions in the designated geographical area(s). They will also be able to search without warrants in these areas.
The prime minister says the areas named will remain a zone of special operations for a period of 60 days.
The formulation of a Zones of Special Operations Bill was prompted by the island’s spiralling murder rate with over 1,000 persons in Jamaica being killed since the beginning of 2017.
Prime Minister Holness concluded by saying “it is our only option to be successful in the fight against crime.”
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Leon Bailey Named In Provisional Reggae Boyz Squad For 2020 Olympic Qualifiers - February 24, 2018
- Live Oil Seeps Discovered In Jamaica! - February 23, 2018
- Two Charged For Murder Of Elderly Jamaican-Canadian Couple - February 22, 2018
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez Visit Jamaica For His Dad’s Wedding - February 21, 2018
- Fire Destroys Historic Methodist Church In St Ann - February 21, 2018
- Jamaican Man Labelled A Hero After Saving Young Girl From Vicious Pit Bull In Florida - February 20, 2018
- Jamaica’s Female Bobsleighers Complete Impressive Run At Winter Olympics - February 20, 2018
- Leon Bailey Steals Ball Off Defender, Evades Goalkeeper To Score - February 19, 2018
- Jimmy Cliff’s Daughter In Marvel’s Black Panther Movie - February 18, 2018
- Victim In Florida Mass Shooting Reportedly Has Jamaican Roots (Updated) - February 16, 2018