BREAKING: Prime Minister Declares Zone of Special Operations In Mount Salem, St. James
On Friday morning (Sept 1) Prime Minister Andrew Holness declared Mount Salem, St James and its environs as the first Zone of Special Operation.
He made the announcement during a press briefing at the Office of the Prime Minister.
Security forces will operate under special conditions in the designated geographical area(s). They will also be able to search without warrants in these areas.
The prime minister says the areas named will remain a zone of special operations for a period of 60 days.
The formulation of a Zones of Special Operations Bill was prompted by the island’s spiralling murder rate with over 1,000 persons in Jamaica being killed since the beginning of 2017.
Prime Minister Holness concluded by saying “it is our only option to be successful in the fight against crime.”
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Weather – More Rain On The Horizon For Jamaica - November 24, 2017
- Andre Blake, Kemar Lawrence, Theodore Whitmore Shortlisted For CONCACAF Awards - November 23, 2017
- Starbucks Opens First Store In Jamaica - November 21, 2017
- BREAKING: Ninja Man, Co-accused Found Guilty Of Murder - November 20, 2017
- Woman, Daughter Killed In St James - November 20, 2017
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Scores Fifth Goal For Bayer Leverkusen - November 20, 2017
- Atkinson Maintains Unbeaten Streak In 50m Breaststroke As FINA Swimming Short Course World Cup Concludes - November 19, 2017
- Jamaica’s Solange Sinclair Makes Miss World Top 10 - November 18, 2017
- The Impact of Reggae on Worldwide Culture - November 17, 2017
- American Man Detained After Allegedly Sexually Assaulting Minor At Resort In Jamaica - November 16, 2017