BREAKING: Prime Minister Declares Zone of Special Operations In Mount Salem, St. James
On Friday morning (Sept 1) Prime Minister Andrew Holness declared Mount Salem, St James and its environs as the first Zone of Special Operation.
He made the announcement during a press briefing at the Office of the Prime Minister.
Security forces will operate under special conditions in the designated geographical area(s). They will also be able to search without warrants in these areas.
The prime minister says the areas named will remain a zone of special operations for a period of 60 days.
The formulation of a Zones of Special Operations Bill was prompted by the island’s spiralling murder rate with over 1,000 persons in Jamaica being killed since the beginning of 2017.
Prime Minister Holness concluded by saying “it is our only option to be successful in the fight against crime.”
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Kartel Hospitalised - September 25, 2017
- Jermaine Barrett Dies After Hard Fought Battle With Cancer - September 25, 2017
- Most Wanted ‘Duppy Film’ Reportedly Killed By Police In St Thomas - September 24, 2017
- Miss Jamaica World 2017 Crowned - September 24, 2017
- US To Assist With Probe Into Tourist’s Death - September 23, 2017
- Autopsy On Medical Doctor’s Body To Be Conducted Today - September 22, 2017
- NCU Student Wins Full Tuition In Red Stripe ‘Drink Right’ App Design Competition - September 21, 2017
- Jamaican Model Gabrielle Davis Joins Cast Of VH1’s Love & Hip Hop: Miami - September 21, 2017
- Jamaica By Bike Returns With Kingston To Negril Charity Ride - September 20, 2017
- Cop Killed By Gunmen At His Home In St Catherine - September 20, 2017