3 Hurricanes Now Active In The Atlantic Basin!
Hurricane Irma continues on its path of rampage across the Caribbean having already claimed several lives and caused widespread destruction.
The powerful storm destroyed a significant portion of the buildings on Barbuda as it passed over the small island.
Gaston Browne, the Prime Minister of Barbuda, said the island is “literally rubble” amid scenes of “total carnage”. He also said: “The entire housing stock was damaged. It is just total devastation.”
Irma’s death toll in the region is currently 10, but that figure is expected to rise. At least one person died in Anguilla and at least eight persons have reportedly died in the French Caribbean island territories of St. Martin and St. Barthelemy.
It is estimated that some 95 per cent of the French side of Saint-Martin has been destroyed by the cyclone.
But now there are two more hurricanes brewing in the Atlantic. On Wednesday afternoon, tropical storms Jose and Katia (pictured below) strengthened increasing the number of hurricanes currently active in the Atlantic basin to three.
This is the first time since 2010 that three active hurricanes have been simultaneously active in the Atlantic.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Usain Bolt Scores Twice And Pulls Off Exquisite Nutmeg In Borussia Dortmund Training Session - March 24, 2018
- National Under 15 And Under 18 Table Tennis Squad Scheduled For Caribbean Tournament In Cuba - March 22, 2018
- “I Think We Can” See Bolt At Old Trafford Next Season – José Mourinho - March 22, 2018
- Usain Bolt Scores Superb Header In Borussia Dortmund Kit! - March 21, 2018
- Former England Youth Star Appears Eager To Join Reggae Boyz - March 21, 2018
- Getting De-Inked: Why Jamaicans Are Rethinking Their Tattoos - March 20, 2018
- Jay Z, Beyonce Visit Jamaica - March 20, 2018
- State Of Public Emergency Declared In St. Catherine North Police Division - March 19, 2018
- Plans In Place To Make Port Royal Jamaica’s Next Big Cruise Destination - March 18, 2018
- Jamaican Among Six Killed In Bridge Collapse At Florida University - March 17, 2018