3 Hurricanes Now Active In The Atlantic Basin!
Hurricane Irma continues on its path of rampage across the Caribbean having already claimed several lives and caused widespread destruction.
The powerful storm destroyed a significant portion of the buildings on Barbuda as it passed over the small island.
Gaston Browne, the Prime Minister of Barbuda, said the island is “literally rubble” amid scenes of “total carnage”. He also said: “The entire housing stock was damaged. It is just total devastation.”
Irma’s death toll in the region is currently 10, but that figure is expected to rise. At least one person died in Anguilla and at least eight persons have reportedly died in the French Caribbean island territories of St. Martin and St. Barthelemy.
It is estimated that some 95 per cent of the French side of Saint-Martin has been destroyed by the cyclone.
But now there are two more hurricanes brewing in the Atlantic. On Wednesday afternoon, tropical storms Jose and Katia (pictured below) strengthened increasing the number of hurricanes currently active in the Atlantic basin to three.
This is the first time since 2010 that three active hurricanes have been simultaneously active in the Atlantic.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- 100 People Killed In First 20 Days Of 2018 - January 22, 2018
- Primary School To Be Renamed For Veronica Campbell Brown - January 22, 2018
- Three Members Of Family Killed In St Thomas - January 21, 2018
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Scores Cheeky Back-Heel Goal For Bayer Leverkusen - January 20, 2018
- Canadian, British Tourists In St James Urged To Stay Within Resorts - January 20, 2018
- Former West Indies Youth Cricketer Of The Year Xavier Marshall To Represent The USA - January 19, 2018
- Major Military Operation In St James - January 18, 2018
- Bolt To Donate $1 Million To Children’s Home Following Deadly Fire - January 17, 2018
- Mobay Man Charged For Quadruple Murder - January 17, 2018
- Jamaica To Send First Women’s Bobsleigh Team To Olympics - January 16, 2018