“You Can’t Remain Silent” On Crime Any Longer PM – Dayton Campbell
On Wednesday morning Dr Dayton Campbell, Member of Parliament for North West St Ann lamented on Jamaica’s spiralling murder rate and urged Prime Minster Andrew Holness to be more vocal on the issue.
Via a social media post, Dr Campbell stated:
“In 2014 Jamaica recorded 1005 murders, which was far too many, because every life lost esp those violently is a tragedy and it leaves the family struggling to pick up the pieces.
The then opposition leader now PM said in 2015 that you ought not to vote for the PNP which was the governing party at the time, he said a vote for them could see you becoming the next victim and he went further to suggest that a vote for him and his party would cause you to be able to leave your windows and doors open.
Fast forward to 2017 and we are in the 8th month of the year with one week to go and the little country of Jamaica has recorded 973 murders so far for the calendar year.
Talk about this and they want to shut you up. I have always been of the opinion that crime requires a multifaceted approach and that our citizens are key stakeholders in that fight but you Mr PM gave the impression that it was a political matter and that by a simple change of government the problem would be solved. I am holding you to the standard which you set sir, you can’t remain silent and indifferent on this matter any longer.
Ps I already know oonuh target me seat because oonuh nuh like when me talk so please don’t let that be the only response to this post.”
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Woman Hides Her Face With Comical Emoji Mask When Collecting Lottery Winnings - June 17, 2018
- Teenaged Boy Charged For Cassava Piece Murder – JCF - June 16, 2018
- 7-Yr-Old Boy Dies In Tragic Freak Accident At School - June 14, 2018
- Pharmaceutical Society Of Jamaica Expresses Concern About Counterfeit Medicines - June 13, 2018
- Statue of Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Now In Jamaica - June 13, 2018
- Usain Bolt’s Superb Goal Disallowed In Football Game At Old Trafford - June 12, 2018
- Wayne Marshall Announces Death Of His Father In Touching Social Media Post - June 11, 2018
- Fraser-Pryce Wins 100-Metre Event At Racers Grand Prix - June 10, 2018
- Prime Minister Makes Historic Appearance At G7 Summit! - June 9, 2018
- Shelly-Ann Fraser Pryce Is Back On Track At The JN Racers Grand Prix Live On 1spotmedia Pay- Per- View - June 8, 2018