Well Over 900 Murders In Less Than 8 Months
Figures from the Jamaica Constabulary Force indicate that well over 900 persons were killed across the island during the period January 1 and August 12, 2017.
This is 184 more than the figure recorded during the corresponding period in 2016.
St James recorded 184 murders during the period with 160 in St Andrew and 137 in St. Catherine.
112 murders were reported during the period in Kingston.
Westmoreland follows Kingston with 88 with Clarendon recording 84 murders.
Portland, the only parish with a single digit tally so far this year recorded four murders between January one and August 12. Of the total number of persons killed, 35 were children.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Kartel Hospitalised - September 25, 2017
- Jermaine Barrett Dies After Hard Fought Battle With Cancer - September 25, 2017
- Most Wanted ‘Duppy Film’ Reportedly Killed By Police In St Thomas - September 24, 2017
- Miss Jamaica World 2017 Crowned - September 24, 2017
- US To Assist With Probe Into Tourist’s Death - September 23, 2017
- Autopsy On Medical Doctor’s Body To Be Conducted Today - September 22, 2017
- NCU Student Wins Full Tuition In Red Stripe ‘Drink Right’ App Design Competition - September 21, 2017
- Jamaican Model Gabrielle Davis Joins Cast Of VH1’s Love & Hip Hop: Miami - September 21, 2017
- Jamaica By Bike Returns With Kingston To Negril Charity Ride - September 20, 2017
- Cop Killed By Gunmen At His Home In St Catherine - September 20, 2017