Tropical Storm Harvey Being Monitored By ODPEM, Met Office
The Office of Disaster Preparedness and Emergency Management (ODPEM) has warned that Jamaica’s weather conditions may deteriorate over the weekend, as a result of Tropical Storm Harvey.
Harvey is expected to pass well south of the island between Sunday and Monday.
ODPEM says though it is not predicted that Jamaica will experience Tropical Storm conditions, we may have poor sea conditions on the island’s south Coast, flooding in low lying areas, and landslides in hilly terrains.
ODPEM is encouraging residents to be ready to evacuate from low lying and flood prone areas and to avoid flooded waterways, i.e. fords, gullies, streams or rivers, either on foot or in vehicles.
“Jamaicans are advised to take the necessary precautions and continue to monitor credible media sources,” the release by ODPEM said.
The Met Service is forecasting that southern parishes could be in for some rains.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Leon Bailey Named In Provisional Reggae Boyz Squad For 2020 Olympic Qualifiers - February 24, 2018
- Live Oil Seeps Discovered In Jamaica! - February 23, 2018
- Two Charged For Murder Of Elderly Jamaican-Canadian Couple - February 22, 2018
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez Visit Jamaica For His Dad’s Wedding - February 21, 2018
- Fire Destroys Historic Methodist Church In St Ann - February 21, 2018
- Jamaican Man Labelled A Hero After Saving Young Girl From Vicious Pit Bull In Florida - February 20, 2018
- Jamaica’s Female Bobsleighers Complete Impressive Run At Winter Olympics - February 20, 2018
- Leon Bailey Steals Ball Off Defender, Evades Goalkeeper To Score - February 19, 2018
- Jimmy Cliff’s Daughter In Marvel’s Black Panther Movie - February 18, 2018
- Victim In Florida Mass Shooting Reportedly Has Jamaican Roots (Updated) - February 16, 2018