Tropical Storm Harvey Being Monitored By ODPEM, Met Office
The Office of Disaster Preparedness and Emergency Management (ODPEM) has warned that Jamaica’s weather conditions may deteriorate over the weekend, as a result of Tropical Storm Harvey.
Harvey is expected to pass well south of the island between Sunday and Monday.
ODPEM says though it is not predicted that Jamaica will experience Tropical Storm conditions, we may have poor sea conditions on the island’s south Coast, flooding in low lying areas, and landslides in hilly terrains.
ODPEM is encouraging residents to be ready to evacuate from low lying and flood prone areas and to avoid flooded waterways, i.e. fords, gullies, streams or rivers, either on foot or in vehicles.
“Jamaicans are advised to take the necessary precautions and continue to monitor credible media sources,” the release by ODPEM said.
The Met Service is forecasting that southern parishes could be in for some rains.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Woman Hides Her Face With Comical Emoji Mask When Collecting Lottery Winnings - June 17, 2018
- Teenaged Boy Charged For Cassava Piece Murder – JCF - June 16, 2018
- 7-Yr-Old Boy Dies In Tragic Freak Accident At School - June 14, 2018
- Pharmaceutical Society Of Jamaica Expresses Concern About Counterfeit Medicines - June 13, 2018
- Statue of Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Now In Jamaica - June 13, 2018
- Usain Bolt’s Superb Goal Disallowed In Football Game At Old Trafford - June 12, 2018
- Wayne Marshall Announces Death Of His Father In Touching Social Media Post - June 11, 2018
- Fraser-Pryce Wins 100-Metre Event At Racers Grand Prix - June 10, 2018
- Prime Minister Makes Historic Appearance At G7 Summit! - June 9, 2018
- Shelly-Ann Fraser Pryce Is Back On Track At The JN Racers Grand Prix Live On 1spotmedia Pay- Per- View - June 8, 2018