Thompson Finishes 5th In Women’s 100m Final At World Championships
Jamaica’s double Olympic sprint champion Elaine Thompson failed to medal in the women’s 100m at the London World Championships today.
Thompson crossed the finish line in 10.98 seconds, a sub-par clocking by her standards. The American athlete Tori Bowie took gold with a time of 10.85 seconds, just .01 seconds ahead of Marie-Josee Ta Lou of the Ivory Coast.
After crossing the finish line, Bowie fell on the track before knowing she had won gold. She later stated “I had no idea.”
Dutch athlete Dafne Schippers, who finished second two years ago in Beijing clocked 10.96 to beat Murielle Ahoure for the bronze.
Ivorian sprinter Murielle Ahoura was fourth with a time of 10.978.
Had Thompson won, she would have become just the third woman to simultaneously hold the world and Olympic titles. Thompson said she stumbled shortly after getting out of her drive phase.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Toddler Goes Missing In Westmoreland - February 25, 2018
- Leon Bailey Named In Provisional Reggae Boyz Squad For 2020 Olympic Qualifiers - February 24, 2018
- Live Oil Seeps Discovered In Jamaica! - February 23, 2018
- Two Charged For Murder Of Elderly Jamaican-Canadian Couple - February 22, 2018
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez Visit Jamaica For His Dad’s Wedding - February 21, 2018
- Fire Destroys Historic Methodist Church In St Ann - February 21, 2018
- Jamaican Man Labelled A Hero After Saving Young Girl From Vicious Pit Bull In Florida - February 20, 2018
- Jamaica’s Female Bobsleighers Complete Impressive Run At Winter Olympics - February 20, 2018
- Leon Bailey Steals Ball Off Defender, Evades Goalkeeper To Score - February 19, 2018
- Jimmy Cliff’s Daughter In Marvel’s Black Panther Movie - February 18, 2018