Thompson Finishes 5th In Women’s 100m Final At World Championships
Jamaica’s double Olympic sprint champion Elaine Thompson failed to medal in the women’s 100m at the London World Championships today.
Thompson crossed the finish line in 10.98 seconds, a sub-par clocking by her standards. The American athlete Tori Bowie took gold with a time of 10.85 seconds, just .01 seconds ahead of Marie-Josee Ta Lou of the Ivory Coast.
After crossing the finish line, Bowie fell on the track before knowing she had won gold. She later stated “I had no idea.”
Dutch athlete Dafne Schippers, who finished second two years ago in Beijing clocked 10.96 to beat Murielle Ahoure for the bronze.
Ivorian sprinter Murielle Ahoura was fourth with a time of 10.978.
Had Thompson won, she would have become just the third woman to simultaneously hold the world and Olympic titles. Thompson said she stumbled shortly after getting out of her drive phase.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- D&G Foundation Pumps 4.2 Million Into HEART Trust NTA Youth Development Programme - December 13, 2017
- Dancehall Artiste Mineral Boss Shot Dead In Caymanas Bay - December 13, 2017
- A New T20 Record! The ‘Universe Boss’ Smashes 146 Off 69 Balls (18 Sixes) - December 12, 2017
- Jamaica’s Edmund Bartlett Named Caribbean Tourism Minister of the Year - December 12, 2017
- Three Die After Gunmen Callously Attack Mourners At Funeral In Kingston - December 11, 2017
- Flash Flood Watch In Effect For Northern And Southeastern Parishes - December 11, 2017
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Delivers Two Assists In Leverkusen Win - December 10, 2017
- Jamaicans Driving Support Against Paediatric Cancer - December 9, 2017
- Missing US National Found - December 8, 2017
- Police Seek Public’s Help To Find Missing US National - December 7, 2017