Thompson Finishes 5th In Women’s 100m Final At World Championships
Jamaica’s double Olympic sprint champion Elaine Thompson failed to medal in the women’s 100m at the London World Championships today.
Thompson crossed the finish line in 10.98 seconds, a sub-par clocking by her standards. The American athlete Tori Bowie took gold with a time of 10.85 seconds, just .01 seconds ahead of Marie-Josee Ta Lou of the Ivory Coast.
After crossing the finish line, Bowie fell on the track before knowing she had won gold. She later stated “I had no idea.”
Dutch athlete Dafne Schippers, who finished second two years ago in Beijing clocked 10.96 to beat Murielle Ahoure for the bronze.
Ivorian sprinter Murielle Ahoura was fourth with a time of 10.978.
Had Thompson won, she would have become just the third woman to simultaneously hold the world and Olympic titles. Thompson said she stumbled shortly after getting out of her drive phase.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Accident Claims Life Of UWI Student In St Mary - July 16, 2018
- Jamaica’s Briana Williams Secures Rare Sprint Double At World U20 Championships - July 14, 2018
- Petrol Prices Surge Locally - July 12, 2018
- Protoje Tops Billboard Reggae Chart - July 11, 2018
- Kartel Possibly One Step Closer To Freedom - July 9, 2018
- Elderly Man Suspected Of Committing Suicide In Kingston - July 8, 2018
- Kartel’s Appeal Trial To Commence Next Week - July 6, 2018
- Jamaican-American Actress Sheryl Lee Ralph Inducted Into ICS Wall Of Fame - July 4, 2018
- Zero Murders In St Ann Last Month - July 3, 2018
- Pregnant Woman Killed In Vicious Gun Attack In Portland - July 2, 2018