Thompson Finishes 5th In Women’s 100m Final At World Championships
Jamaica’s double Olympic sprint champion Elaine Thompson failed to medal in the women’s 100m at the London World Championships today.
Thompson crossed the finish line in 10.98 seconds, a sub-par clocking by her standards. The American athlete Tori Bowie took gold with a time of 10.85 seconds, just .01 seconds ahead of Marie-Josee Ta Lou of the Ivory Coast.
After crossing the finish line, Bowie fell on the track before knowing she had won gold. She later stated “I had no idea.”
Dutch athlete Dafne Schippers, who finished second two years ago in Beijing clocked 10.96 to beat Murielle Ahoure for the bronze.
Ivorian sprinter Murielle Ahoura was fourth with a time of 10.978.
Had Thompson won, she would have become just the third woman to simultaneously hold the world and Olympic titles. Thompson said she stumbled shortly after getting out of her drive phase.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Reggae Boy Kevon Lambert Signs For Phoenix Rising FC - August 21, 2017
- Thompson Wins Women’s 100m At Birmingham Diamond League - August 20, 2017
- Upcoming Solar Eclipse Will Obscure Large View Of The Sun From Jamaica, But Protect Your Eyes! - August 20, 2017
- 10 Persons Struck By Lightning At Mystic mountain - August 19, 2017
- Tropical Storm Harvey Being Monitored By ODPEM, Met Office - August 19, 2017
- Regulations Coming For Motorcycle Sale And Use (NRSC) - August 18, 2017
- Employment In Jamaica At All-Time High - August 18, 2017
- Bolt To Miss Opportunity To Play For Manchester United Due To Injury - August 17, 2017
- Jamaican Farm Worker Dies In Tractor Roll-Over Accident In Canada - August 17, 2017
- Elaine Thompson To Compete In Diamond League This Sunday - August 17, 2017