Potentially Powerful Hurricane May Impact Caribbean, Being Monitored By Forecasters
On Thursday, Irma – the ninth storm of this year’s Atlantic hurricane season strengthened into a Category 2 hurricane.
And current projections indicate that the Caribbean and Southeast coast of the United States could be impacted by the cyclone.
Irma’s current projected path has it heading for the Lesser Antilles but the storm is expected to become a major hurricane before reaching those islands.
However, as of now, Irma remains in the Atlantic and is expected to stay over open ocean for up to six days.
Per The Weather Channel, the center of Irma is located about 650 miles to the west of the Cabo Verde Islands and is moving west-northwest around 10 mph. The storm could become a category 3 (or stronger) hurricane as early as Thursday tonight and a Category 4 hurricane by the weekend.
It is far too soon to speculate if the storm will impact Jamaica in any way as long range projections aren’t usually very reliable. Forecasters continue to monitor its development.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Woman Hides Her Face With Comical Emoji Mask When Collecting Lottery Winnings - June 17, 2018
- Teenaged Boy Charged For Cassava Piece Murder – JCF - June 16, 2018
- 7-Yr-Old Boy Dies In Tragic Freak Accident At School - June 14, 2018
- Pharmaceutical Society Of Jamaica Expresses Concern About Counterfeit Medicines - June 13, 2018
- Statue of Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Now In Jamaica - June 13, 2018
- Usain Bolt’s Superb Goal Disallowed In Football Game At Old Trafford - June 12, 2018
- Wayne Marshall Announces Death Of His Father In Touching Social Media Post - June 11, 2018
- Fraser-Pryce Wins 100-Metre Event At Racers Grand Prix - June 10, 2018
- Prime Minister Makes Historic Appearance At G7 Summit! - June 9, 2018
- Shelly-Ann Fraser Pryce Is Back On Track At The JN Racers Grand Prix Live On 1spotmedia Pay- Per- View - June 8, 2018