Patrick Powell Gets 9-Month Prison Sentence
A short while ago, businessman Patrick Powell received a nine month sentence to be served at hard labour for failing to hand over his licensed firearm to police investigators.
The offence is a breach of the Firearms Act.
The sentence was reportedly handed down by Parish Judge Vaughn Smith in the St Andrew Parish Court.
Mr Powell’s claim that the firearm was stolen from a safe at his house was rejected by the judge.
Last month Powell was convicted after failing to submit his weapon for inspection in the 2011 investigation surrounding the fatal shooting of 17 year Khjeel Mais.
Powell was tried for Mais’ murder but was freed last year due to a lack of evidence.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- D&G Foundation Pumps 4.2 Million Into HEART Trust NTA Youth Development Programme - December 13, 2017
- Dancehall Artiste Mineral Boss Shot Dead In Caymanas Bay - December 13, 2017
- A New T20 Record! The ‘Universe Boss’ Smashes 146 Off 69 Balls (18 Sixes) - December 12, 2017
- Jamaica’s Edmund Bartlett Named Caribbean Tourism Minister of the Year - December 12, 2017
- Three Die After Gunmen Callously Attack Mourners At Funeral In Kingston - December 11, 2017
- Flash Flood Watch In Effect For Northern And Southeastern Parishes - December 11, 2017
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Delivers Two Assists In Leverkusen Win - December 10, 2017
- Jamaicans Driving Support Against Paediatric Cancer - December 9, 2017
- Missing US National Found - December 8, 2017
- Police Seek Public’s Help To Find Missing US National - December 7, 2017