Patrick Powell Gets 9-Month Prison Sentence
A short while ago, businessman Patrick Powell received a nine month sentence to be served at hard labour for failing to hand over his licensed firearm to police investigators.
The offence is a breach of the Firearms Act.
The sentence was reportedly handed down by Parish Judge Vaughn Smith in the St Andrew Parish Court.
Mr Powell’s claim that the firearm was stolen from a safe at his house was rejected by the judge.
Last month Powell was convicted after failing to submit his weapon for inspection in the 2011 investigation surrounding the fatal shooting of 17 year Khjeel Mais.
Powell was tried for Mais’ murder but was freed last year due to a lack of evidence.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Woman Hides Her Face With Comical Emoji Mask When Collecting Lottery Winnings - June 17, 2018
- Teenaged Boy Charged For Cassava Piece Murder – JCF - June 16, 2018
- 7-Yr-Old Boy Dies In Tragic Freak Accident At School - June 14, 2018
- Pharmaceutical Society Of Jamaica Expresses Concern About Counterfeit Medicines - June 13, 2018
- Statue of Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Now In Jamaica - June 13, 2018
- Usain Bolt’s Superb Goal Disallowed In Football Game At Old Trafford - June 12, 2018
- Wayne Marshall Announces Death Of His Father In Touching Social Media Post - June 11, 2018
- Fraser-Pryce Wins 100-Metre Event At Racers Grand Prix - June 10, 2018
- Prime Minister Makes Historic Appearance At G7 Summit! - June 9, 2018
- Shelly-Ann Fraser Pryce Is Back On Track At The JN Racers Grand Prix Live On 1spotmedia Pay- Per- View - June 8, 2018