Patrick Powell Gets 9-Month Prison Sentence
A short while ago, businessman Patrick Powell received a nine month sentence to be served at hard labour for failing to hand over his licensed firearm to police investigators.
The offence is a breach of the Firearms Act.
The sentence was reportedly handed down by Parish Judge Vaughn Smith in the St Andrew Parish Court.
Mr Powell’s claim that the firearm was stolen from a safe at his house was rejected by the judge.
Last month Powell was convicted after failing to submit his weapon for inspection in the 2011 investigation surrounding the fatal shooting of 17 year Khjeel Mais.
Powell was tried for Mais’ murder but was freed last year due to a lack of evidence.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- U-17 Reggae Girlz Out Of Contention For Women’s World Cup - October 23, 2017
- Bloody Weekend Sees Seven Killed In St James - October 22, 2017
- ‘A Lot’ Of Football Clubs Have Contacted Me – Usain Bolt - October 22, 2017
- 2018 FIFA World Cup Dream Still Alive For Jamaica’s Young Reggae Girlz - October 21, 2017
- Prolific Jamaican Striker Dane Kelly Earns Golden Boot Award In USL - October 20, 2017
- 91-Yr-Old Jamaican Man Killed, Wife Injured During Robbery In The US - October 19, 2017
- PM Gives Mount Salem ZOSO ‘B Plus’ Grade - October 19, 2017
- Several High Powered Weapons Seized at Newport West – JCF - October 18, 2017
- Reggae Boy Andre Blake Nominated For MLS Goalkeeper of the Year - October 18, 2017
- PM Declares Denham Town Second Zone of Special Operations - October 17, 2017