Patrick Powell Gets 9-Month Prison Sentence
A short while ago, businessman Patrick Powell received a nine month sentence to be served at hard labour for failing to hand over his licensed firearm to police investigators.
The offence is a breach of the Firearms Act.
The sentence was reportedly handed down by Parish Judge Vaughn Smith in the St Andrew Parish Court.
Mr Powell’s claim that the firearm was stolen from a safe at his house was rejected by the judge.
Last month Powell was convicted after failing to submit his weapon for inspection in the 2011 investigation surrounding the fatal shooting of 17 year Khjeel Mais.
Powell was tried for Mais’ murder but was freed last year due to a lack of evidence.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Category 5 Hurricane Maria Leaves “Widespread Devastation” In Dominica, Continues To Rip Through Caribbean - September 19, 2017
- Minor Earthquake Rattles Several Parishes - September 18, 2017
- Hurricane Maria Approaches Caribbean, Expected To Strengthen Rapidly - September 18, 2017
- Thousands Of Jamaicans Among ‘Dreamers’ In The US - September 17, 2017
- New JFF Boss Elected - September 17, 2017
- World’s Oldest Person – Jamaica’s Violet Moss-Brown Dies At 117 - September 16, 2017
- Jamaican Banana/Plantain Farmers Achieve GlobalG.A.P. Certification - September 15, 2017
- More Reggae Boyz To Ply Trade In Europe - September 15, 2017
- Doctor Found Dead At Her Home In Kingston - September 14, 2017
- Some Coins To Be Removed From Circulation In Jamaica - September 14, 2017