Patrick Powell Gets 9-Month Prison Sentence
A short while ago, businessman Patrick Powell received a nine month sentence to be served at hard labour for failing to hand over his licensed firearm to police investigators.
The offence is a breach of the Firearms Act.
The sentence was reportedly handed down by Parish Judge Vaughn Smith in the St Andrew Parish Court.
Mr Powell’s claim that the firearm was stolen from a safe at his house was rejected by the judge.
Last month Powell was convicted after failing to submit his weapon for inspection in the 2011 investigation surrounding the fatal shooting of 17 year Khjeel Mais.
Powell was tried for Mais’ murder but was freed last year due to a lack of evidence.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Reggae Boy Kevon Lambert Signs For Phoenix Rising FC - August 21, 2017
- Thompson Wins Women’s 100m At Birmingham Diamond League - August 20, 2017
- Upcoming Solar Eclipse Will Obscure Large View Of The Sun From Jamaica, But Protect Your Eyes! - August 20, 2017
- 10 Persons Struck By Lightning At Mystic mountain - August 19, 2017
- Tropical Storm Harvey Being Monitored By ODPEM, Met Office - August 19, 2017
- Regulations Coming For Motorcycle Sale And Use (NRSC) - August 18, 2017
- Employment In Jamaica At All-Time High - August 18, 2017
- Bolt To Miss Opportunity To Play For Manchester United Due To Injury - August 17, 2017
- Jamaican Farm Worker Dies In Tractor Roll-Over Accident In Canada - August 17, 2017
- Elaine Thompson To Compete In Diamond League This Sunday - August 17, 2017