“No Need For An Apology” – Culture Minister Tells Bolt
Minister of Culture, Gender, Entertainment and Sport, the Honourable Olivia Grange issued a statement following Usain Bolt’s misfortune in the men’s 4x100m relay final at the the IAAF World Championships in London.
He statement reads:
“Today, we witnessed the final act in the competitive athletic career of Usain Bolt. It didn’t go according to plan as he collapsed with an injury while anchoring the Jamaica team in the 4×100 metres. He apologised to his team mates and all of Jamaica as he limped off the track.
I do not accept his apology. Like his team mates, I will also say to Usain, there is no need for an apology because he gave everything — as he’s always done.
Instead, I would [like] Usain to accept our best wishes for a speedy recovery. I would ask him to accept our gratitude for an amazing career which raised our national profile; a career in which he proudly carried his Jamaican-ness around the world; a career which contributed much to development of a sport industry in Jamaica; a career which rescued global athletics.
I believe we all have been honoured to watch Usain do extraordinary things for the better part of the last 15 years. He redefined speed and brought great entertainment to world athletics. His impressive records might be broken one day, but his place in our hearts is secured for ever. We will forever remember his breathtaking brilliance. Usain will forever be our champion.
Our relatively young team which competed at these World Championships did not dominate as other Jamaican teams have done, but I have every confidence that they will learn from this experience and will be much stronger go forward. We must never give up on them.
Let me congratulate our women’s 4×100 metres on taking the bronze medal today. It was also heartening to see a Jamaican in the men’s 5000 metres and I commend Kemoy Campbell on that achievement.”
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- ‘A Lot’ Of Football Clubs Have Contacted Me – Usain Bolt - October 22, 2017
- 2018 FIFA World Cup Dream Still Alive For Jamaica’s Young Reggae Girlz - October 21, 2017
- Prolific Jamaican Striker Dane Kelly Earns Golden Boot Award In USL - October 20, 2017
- 91-Yr-Old Jamaican Man Killed, Wife Injured During Robbery In The US - October 19, 2017
- PM Gives Mount Salem ZOSO ‘B Plus’ Grade - October 19, 2017
- Several High Powered Weapons Seized at Newport West – JCF - October 18, 2017
- Reggae Boy Andre Blake Nominated For MLS Goalkeeper of the Year - October 18, 2017
- PM Declares Denham Town Second Zone of Special Operations - October 17, 2017
- Gunmen Kill Goat Farmer in St Elizabeth - October 17, 2017
- Sangster International Named Caribbean’s Leading Airport – World Travel Awards - October 15, 2017