Jamaican Leon Bailey Scores His First Competitive Goal For Bayer Leverkusen In German Cup
Jamaican prodigy Leon Bailey scored his first competitive goal for his new club Bayer Leverkusen on Friday night in the first round of the German Cup.
The 20-year old wonder-kid scored in extra time against the third division team Karlsruher SC.
But Karlsruher, despite being a lower league side, proved to be quite a stubborn outfit.
Bayer needed more than 90 minutes to find their opening goal. Bailey scored the third of Bayer’s three goals – all of which came in extra time goals.
Bailey scored in the 105th minute via a neatly tucked ball to the right of Karlsruher’s outstretched shot-stopper.
The other two goals came in minute 91 courtesy of midfielder Dominik Kohr and the 99th minute via Finnish striker – Joel Pohjanpalo.
Bailey joined Bayer Leverkusen earlier this year for a fee that is believed to be in the region of £13 million.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Reggae Boy Kevon Lambert Signs For Phoenix Rising FC - August 21, 2017
- Thompson Wins Women’s 100m At Birmingham Diamond League - August 20, 2017
- Upcoming Solar Eclipse Will Obscure Large View Of The Sun From Jamaica, But Protect Your Eyes! - August 20, 2017
- 10 Persons Struck By Lightning At Mystic mountain - August 19, 2017
- Tropical Storm Harvey Being Monitored By ODPEM, Met Office - August 19, 2017
- Regulations Coming For Motorcycle Sale And Use (NRSC) - August 18, 2017
- Employment In Jamaica At All-Time High - August 18, 2017
- Bolt To Miss Opportunity To Play For Manchester United Due To Injury - August 17, 2017
- Jamaican Farm Worker Dies In Tractor Roll-Over Accident In Canada - August 17, 2017
- Elaine Thompson To Compete In Diamond League This Sunday - August 17, 2017