Jamaican Leon Bailey Scores His First Competitive Goal For Bayer Leverkusen In German Cup
Jamaican prodigy Leon Bailey scored his first competitive goal for his new club Bayer Leverkusen on Friday night in the first round of the German Cup.
The 20-year old wonder-kid scored in extra time against the third division team Karlsruher SC.
But Karlsruher, despite being a lower league side, proved to be quite a stubborn outfit.
Bayer needed more than 90 minutes to find their opening goal. Bailey scored the third of Bayer’s three goals – all of which came in extra time goals.
Bailey scored in the 105th minute via a neatly tucked ball to the right of Karlsruher’s outstretched shot-stopper.
The other two goals came in minute 91 courtesy of midfielder Dominik Kohr and the 99th minute via Finnish striker – Joel Pohjanpalo.
Bailey joined Bayer Leverkusen earlier this year for a fee that is believed to be in the region of £13 million.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Jamaica’s Edmund Bartlett Named Caribbean Tourism Minister of the Year - December 12, 2017
- Three Die After Gunmen Callously Attack Mourners At Funeral In Kingston - December 11, 2017
- Flash Flood Watch In Effect For Northern And Southeastern Parishes - December 11, 2017
- Jamaican Leon Bailey Delivers Two Assists In Leverkusen Win - December 10, 2017
- Jamaicans Driving Support Against Paediatric Cancer - December 9, 2017
- Missing US National Found - December 8, 2017
- Police Seek Public’s Help To Find Missing US National - December 7, 2017
- Ian Boyne Recuperating Following Medical Emergency, Says “I Am Grateful To God” - December 7, 2017
- US Agents Intercept Over 100 Guns, Ammo Destined For Jamaica - December 6, 2017
- Jamaican Islamic Cleric Labelled ‘Global Terrorist’ By US - December 6, 2017