Jamaican Leon Bailey Scores His First Competitive Goal For Bayer Leverkusen In German Cup
Jamaican prodigy Leon Bailey scored his first competitive goal for his new club Bayer Leverkusen on Friday night in the first round of the German Cup.
The 20-year old wonder-kid scored in extra time against the third division team Karlsruher SC.
But Karlsruher, despite being a lower league side, proved to be quite a stubborn outfit.
Bayer needed more than 90 minutes to find their opening goal. Bailey scored the third of Bayer’s three goals – all of which came in extra time goals.
Bailey scored in the 105th minute via a neatly tucked ball to the right of Karlsruher’s outstretched shot-stopper.
The other two goals came in minute 91 courtesy of midfielder Dominik Kohr and the 99th minute via Finnish striker – Joel Pohjanpalo.
Bailey joined Bayer Leverkusen earlier this year for a fee that is believed to be in the region of £13 million.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Leon Bailey Named In Provisional Reggae Boyz Squad For 2020 Olympic Qualifiers - February 24, 2018
- Live Oil Seeps Discovered In Jamaica! - February 23, 2018
- Two Charged For Murder Of Elderly Jamaican-Canadian Couple - February 22, 2018
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez Visit Jamaica For His Dad’s Wedding - February 21, 2018
- Fire Destroys Historic Methodist Church In St Ann - February 21, 2018
- Jamaican Man Labelled A Hero After Saving Young Girl From Vicious Pit Bull In Florida - February 20, 2018
- Jamaica’s Female Bobsleighers Complete Impressive Run At Winter Olympics - February 20, 2018
- Leon Bailey Steals Ball Off Defender, Evades Goalkeeper To Score - February 19, 2018
- Jimmy Cliff’s Daughter In Marvel’s Black Panther Movie - February 18, 2018
- Victim In Florida Mass Shooting Reportedly Has Jamaican Roots (Updated) - February 16, 2018