Jamaican Leon Bailey Scores His First Competitive Goal For Bayer Leverkusen In German Cup
Jamaican prodigy Leon Bailey scored his first competitive goal for his new club Bayer Leverkusen on Friday night in the first round of the German Cup.
The 20-year old wonder-kid scored in extra time against the third division team Karlsruher SC.
But Karlsruher, despite being a lower league side, proved to be quite a stubborn outfit.
Bayer needed more than 90 minutes to find their opening goal. Bailey scored the third of Bayer’s three goals – all of which came in extra time goals.
Bailey scored in the 105th minute via a neatly tucked ball to the right of Karlsruher’s outstretched shot-stopper.
The other two goals came in minute 91 courtesy of midfielder Dominik Kohr and the 99th minute via Finnish striker – Joel Pohjanpalo.
Bailey joined Bayer Leverkusen earlier this year for a fee that is believed to be in the region of £13 million.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- 2018 FIFA World Cup Dream Still Alive For Jamaica’s Young Reggae Girlz - October 21, 2017
- Prolific Jamaican Striker Dane Kelly Earns Golden Boot Award In USL - October 20, 2017
- 91-Yr-Old Jamaican Man Killed, Wife Injured During Robbery In The US - October 19, 2017
- PM Gives Mount Salem ZOSO ‘B Plus’ Grade - October 19, 2017
- Several High Powered Weapons Seized at Newport West – JCF - October 18, 2017
- Reggae Boy Andre Blake Nominated For MLS Goalkeeper of the Year - October 18, 2017
- PM Declares Denham Town Second Zone of Special Operations - October 17, 2017
- Gunmen Kill Goat Farmer in St Elizabeth - October 17, 2017
- Sangster International Named Caribbean’s Leading Airport – World Travel Awards - October 15, 2017
- Jamaican Dollar Revalues Against US Greenback - October 14, 2017