Jamaican Leon Bailey Scores His First Competitive Goal For Bayer Leverkusen In German Cup
Jamaican prodigy Leon Bailey scored his first competitive goal for his new club Bayer Leverkusen on Friday night in the first round of the German Cup.
The 20-year old wonder-kid scored in extra time against the third division team Karlsruher SC.
But Karlsruher, despite being a lower league side, proved to be quite a stubborn outfit.
Bayer needed more than 90 minutes to find their opening goal. Bailey scored the third of Bayer’s three goals – all of which came in extra time goals.
Bailey scored in the 105th minute via a neatly tucked ball to the right of Karlsruher’s outstretched shot-stopper.
The other two goals came in minute 91 courtesy of midfielder Dominik Kohr and the 99th minute via Finnish striker – Joel Pohjanpalo.
Bailey joined Bayer Leverkusen earlier this year for a fee that is believed to be in the region of £13 million.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Accident Claims Life Of UWI Student In St Mary - July 16, 2018
- Jamaica’s Briana Williams Secures Rare Sprint Double At World U20 Championships - July 14, 2018
- Petrol Prices Surge Locally - July 12, 2018
- Protoje Tops Billboard Reggae Chart - July 11, 2018
- Kartel Possibly One Step Closer To Freedom - July 9, 2018
- Elderly Man Suspected Of Committing Suicide In Kingston - July 8, 2018
- Kartel’s Appeal Trial To Commence Next Week - July 6, 2018
- Jamaican-American Actress Sheryl Lee Ralph Inducted Into ICS Wall Of Fame - July 4, 2018
- Zero Murders In St Ann Last Month - July 3, 2018
- Pregnant Woman Killed In Vicious Gun Attack In Portland - July 2, 2018