Jamaican-Grown Irish Potatoes To Be Exported To Cayman Islands
Jamaica’s agricultural exports will be bolstered once planned arrangements for the exportation of locally-grown Irish potatoes to the Cayman Islands come to fruition.
Minister without Portfolio in the Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries, J.C Hutchinson recently revealed that the Plant Quarantine and Plant Inspection Division has secured an agreement with the Cayman Islands for export of the tuber and other agricultural items.
The agreement will be facilitated by the pre-clearance facility between the two countries.
According to RJR, the inclusion of Irish potato on the export list is as a result of an expansion of the current protocol for exporting agricultural produce to Cayman and it is expected that the trade of these additional items will commence immediately.
Under the National Irish Potato Programme, local production of the crop has moved from 39 per cent of the national demand in 2008, to a projected 99 per cent in 2017.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Woman Hides Her Face With Comical Emoji Mask When Collecting Lottery Winnings - June 17, 2018
- Teenaged Boy Charged For Cassava Piece Murder – JCF - June 16, 2018
- 7-Yr-Old Boy Dies In Tragic Freak Accident At School - June 14, 2018
- Pharmaceutical Society Of Jamaica Expresses Concern About Counterfeit Medicines - June 13, 2018
- Statue of Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce Now In Jamaica - June 13, 2018
- Usain Bolt’s Superb Goal Disallowed In Football Game At Old Trafford - June 12, 2018
- Wayne Marshall Announces Death Of His Father In Touching Social Media Post - June 11, 2018
- Fraser-Pryce Wins 100-Metre Event At Racers Grand Prix - June 10, 2018
- Prime Minister Makes Historic Appearance At G7 Summit! - June 9, 2018
- Shelly-Ann Fraser Pryce Is Back On Track At The JN Racers Grand Prix Live On 1spotmedia Pay- Per- View - June 8, 2018