Jamaican-Grown Irish Potatoes To Be Exported To Cayman Islands
Jamaica’s agricultural exports will be bolstered once planned arrangements for the exportation of locally-grown Irish potatoes to the Cayman Islands come to fruition.
Minister without Portfolio in the Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries, J.C Hutchinson recently revealed that the Plant Quarantine and Plant Inspection Division has secured an agreement with the Cayman Islands for export of the tuber and other agricultural items.
The agreement will be facilitated by the pre-clearance facility between the two countries.
According to RJR, the inclusion of Irish potato on the export list is as a result of an expansion of the current protocol for exporting agricultural produce to Cayman and it is expected that the trade of these additional items will commence immediately.
Under the National Irish Potato Programme, local production of the crop has moved from 39 per cent of the national demand in 2008, to a projected 99 per cent in 2017.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Leon Bailey Named In Provisional Reggae Boyz Squad For 2020 Olympic Qualifiers - February 24, 2018
- Live Oil Seeps Discovered In Jamaica! - February 23, 2018
- Two Charged For Murder Of Elderly Jamaican-Canadian Couple - February 22, 2018
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez Visit Jamaica For His Dad’s Wedding - February 21, 2018
- Fire Destroys Historic Methodist Church In St Ann - February 21, 2018
- Jamaican Man Labelled A Hero After Saving Young Girl From Vicious Pit Bull In Florida - February 20, 2018
- Jamaica’s Female Bobsleighers Complete Impressive Run At Winter Olympics - February 20, 2018
- Leon Bailey Steals Ball Off Defender, Evades Goalkeeper To Score - February 19, 2018
- Jimmy Cliff’s Daughter In Marvel’s Black Panther Movie - February 18, 2018
- Victim In Florida Mass Shooting Reportedly Has Jamaican Roots (Updated) - February 16, 2018