Jamaica Gets Additional Area Code!
A new area code has been introduced in Jamaica to supplement the existing 876 area code.
The Office of Utilities Regulation (OUR) revealed that the introduction of the new area code (658) will help ensure that there are sufficient numbers available to satisfy growth in demand for these resources over the next 25 years.
Director General of the OUR Ansord E. Hewitt stated the new code will be used in addition to, and not as a replacement for, the existing 876 area code.
He also revealed that it will be used once the existing telephone numbers under the 876 area code are exhausted. However, the most immediate change will be the introduction of 10-digit dialling, for local telephone calls, come 2018 May 31.
All persons will be required to amend their current phone numbers to the new format in order to complete calls.
For example, to call the OUR persons need to dial 876-968-6053.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Kartel Hospitalised - September 25, 2017
- Jermaine Barrett Dies After Hard Fought Battle With Cancer - September 25, 2017
- Most Wanted ‘Duppy Film’ Reportedly Killed By Police In St Thomas - September 24, 2017
- Miss Jamaica World 2017 Crowned - September 24, 2017
- US To Assist With Probe Into Tourist’s Death - September 23, 2017
- Autopsy On Medical Doctor’s Body To Be Conducted Today - September 22, 2017
- NCU Student Wins Full Tuition In Red Stripe ‘Drink Right’ App Design Competition - September 21, 2017
- Jamaican Model Gabrielle Davis Joins Cast Of VH1’s Love & Hip Hop: Miami - September 21, 2017
- Jamaica By Bike Returns With Kingston To Negril Charity Ride - September 20, 2017
- Cop Killed By Gunmen At His Home In St Catherine - September 20, 2017