Jamaica Gets Additional Area Code!
A new area code has been introduced in Jamaica to supplement the existing 876 area code.
The Office of Utilities Regulation (OUR) revealed that the introduction of the new area code (658) will help ensure that there are sufficient numbers available to satisfy growth in demand for these resources over the next 25 years.
Director General of the OUR Ansord E. Hewitt stated the new code will be used in addition to, and not as a replacement for, the existing 876 area code.
He also revealed that it will be used once the existing telephone numbers under the 876 area code are exhausted. However, the most immediate change will be the introduction of 10-digit dialling, for local telephone calls, come 2018 May 31.
All persons will be required to amend their current phone numbers to the new format in order to complete calls.
For example, to call the OUR persons need to dial 876-968-6053.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Leon Bailey Named In Provisional Reggae Boyz Squad For 2020 Olympic Qualifiers - February 24, 2018
- Live Oil Seeps Discovered In Jamaica! - February 23, 2018
- Two Charged For Murder Of Elderly Jamaican-Canadian Couple - February 22, 2018
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez Visit Jamaica For His Dad’s Wedding - February 21, 2018
- Fire Destroys Historic Methodist Church In St Ann - February 21, 2018
- Jamaican Man Labelled A Hero After Saving Young Girl From Vicious Pit Bull In Florida - February 20, 2018
- Jamaica’s Female Bobsleighers Complete Impressive Run At Winter Olympics - February 20, 2018
- Leon Bailey Steals Ball Off Defender, Evades Goalkeeper To Score - February 19, 2018
- Jimmy Cliff’s Daughter In Marvel’s Black Panther Movie - February 18, 2018
- Victim In Florida Mass Shooting Reportedly Has Jamaican Roots (Updated) - February 16, 2018