“I’m Healthy, I’m Injury Free” – Thompson Not Deflated After Shock Loss At World Championships
Fans of track and field were once again greeted to a shocking result yesterday when Jamaica’s double sprint Olympic-gold medallist Elaine Thompson failed to medal at the IAAF World Championships in London.
Thompson, who was the hot favourite finished fifth with a time of 10.98 seconds. The American athlete Tori Bowie won gold with a time of 10.85 seconds, just .01 seconds ahead of Marie-Josee Ta Lou of the Ivory Coast.
And just a day earlier, the world’s fastest man – Usain Bolt was forced to settle for a bronze medal in what was the final individual race of his illustrious career.
Had Thompson won, she would have become just the third woman to simultaneously hold the world and Olympic titles. Thompson seemingly handled the defeat well. Shortly after the race she stated:
“I’m disappointed but still happy as well. I’m healthy, I’m injury free…I really don’t know what happened but I have to give those girls a lot of credit.”
“They have done well, they have worked hard, I have worked hard but it did not go to plan so I just have to continue to work hard and move forward,” she added.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- 2018 FIFA World Cup Dream Still Alive For Jamaica’s Young Reggae Girlz - October 21, 2017
- Prolific Jamaican Striker Dane Kelly Earns Golden Boot Award In USL - October 20, 2017
- 91-Yr-Old Jamaican Man Killed, Wife Injured During Robbery In The US - October 19, 2017
- PM Gives Mount Salem ZOSO ‘B Plus’ Grade - October 19, 2017
- Several High Powered Weapons Seized at Newport West – JCF - October 18, 2017
- Reggae Boy Andre Blake Nominated For MLS Goalkeeper of the Year - October 18, 2017
- PM Declares Denham Town Second Zone of Special Operations - October 17, 2017
- Gunmen Kill Goat Farmer in St Elizabeth - October 17, 2017
- Sangster International Named Caribbean’s Leading Airport – World Travel Awards - October 15, 2017
- Jamaican Dollar Revalues Against US Greenback - October 14, 2017