“I’m Healthy, I’m Injury Free” – Thompson Not Deflated After Shock Loss At World Championships
Fans of track and field were once again greeted to a shocking result yesterday when Jamaica’s double sprint Olympic-gold medallist Elaine Thompson failed to medal at the IAAF World Championships in London.
Thompson, who was the hot favourite finished fifth with a time of 10.98 seconds. The American athlete Tori Bowie won gold with a time of 10.85 seconds, just .01 seconds ahead of Marie-Josee Ta Lou of the Ivory Coast.
And just a day earlier, the world’s fastest man – Usain Bolt was forced to settle for a bronze medal in what was the final individual race of his illustrious career.
Had Thompson won, she would have become just the third woman to simultaneously hold the world and Olympic titles. Thompson seemingly handled the defeat well. Shortly after the race she stated:
“I’m disappointed but still happy as well. I’m healthy, I’m injury free…I really don’t know what happened but I have to give those girls a lot of credit.”
“They have done well, they have worked hard, I have worked hard but it did not go to plan so I just have to continue to work hard and move forward,” she added.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Accident Claims Life Of UWI Student In St Mary - July 16, 2018
- Jamaica’s Briana Williams Secures Rare Sprint Double At World U20 Championships - July 14, 2018
- Petrol Prices Surge Locally - July 12, 2018
- Protoje Tops Billboard Reggae Chart - July 11, 2018
- Kartel Possibly One Step Closer To Freedom - July 9, 2018
- Elderly Man Suspected Of Committing Suicide In Kingston - July 8, 2018
- Kartel’s Appeal Trial To Commence Next Week - July 6, 2018
- Jamaican-American Actress Sheryl Lee Ralph Inducted Into ICS Wall Of Fame - July 4, 2018
- Zero Murders In St Ann Last Month - July 3, 2018
- Pregnant Woman Killed In Vicious Gun Attack In Portland - July 2, 2018