“I Gave It My Best Shot” – Bolt Speaks After Loss At World Championships
On Saturday, Jamaica’s Usain Bolt suffered a shock defeat in the last individual race of his professional career at the World Championships in London.
Running in lane 4, Bolt clocked 9.95 in the final of the men’s 100-metre event.
Two American athletes finished ahead of Bolt with Justin Gatlin taking gold with a season’s best of 9.92.
The other American – Christian Coleman clocked 9.94 to take silver.
Following the race, Bolt thanked his supporters from Jamaica and across the globe stating:
“Big up all the supporters. Thanks for everything…It’s been a long career.” He also stated “I apologise that I didn’t win, but I gave it my best shot”.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Toddler Goes Missing In Westmoreland - February 25, 2018
- Leon Bailey Named In Provisional Reggae Boyz Squad For 2020 Olympic Qualifiers - February 24, 2018
- Live Oil Seeps Discovered In Jamaica! - February 23, 2018
- Two Charged For Murder Of Elderly Jamaican-Canadian Couple - February 22, 2018
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez Visit Jamaica For His Dad’s Wedding - February 21, 2018
- Fire Destroys Historic Methodist Church In St Ann - February 21, 2018
- Jamaican Man Labelled A Hero After Saving Young Girl From Vicious Pit Bull In Florida - February 20, 2018
- Jamaica’s Female Bobsleighers Complete Impressive Run At Winter Olympics - February 20, 2018
- Leon Bailey Steals Ball Off Defender, Evades Goalkeeper To Score - February 19, 2018
- Jimmy Cliff’s Daughter In Marvel’s Black Panther Movie - February 18, 2018