Four Jamaicans In Action Today At World Championships
Four Jamaicans will continue their hunt for medals today – on day 6 of the 2017 IAAF World Championships in London.
Yohan Blake will run in Heat 2 of the men’s 200m semi-finals.
Daniel Thomas-Dodd will compete in the women’s shot qualification, while Shericka Jackson, Novlene Williams-Mills and Stephenie Ann McPherson will contest the women’s 400 metres.
Jamaica has only two medals thus far courtesy of Usain Bolt’s 100-metre bronze and Omar McLeod’s 110-metre hurdles gold.
DAY 6 SCHEDULE FOR JAMAICAN ATHLETES
WOMEN’S 3000M STEEPLECHASE HEATS
Aisha Praught (Heat 2) – 1:23 PM
MEN’S 5000M HEATS
Kemoy Campbell (Heat 2) – 2:22 PM
WOMEN’S SHOT PUT QUALIFICATION – 2:25 PM
MEN’S 200M SEMI-FINALS
Rasheed Dwyer (Heat 1) – 2:55 PM
Yohan Blake (Heat 2)- 3:04 PM
MEN’S 400M HURDLES FINAL – 3:33 PM
WOMEN’S 400M FINAL – 3:50 PM
Stephenie Ann McPherson
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Reggae Boy Kevon Lambert Signs For Phoenix Rising FC - August 21, 2017
- Thompson Wins Women’s 100m At Birmingham Diamond League - August 20, 2017
- Upcoming Solar Eclipse Will Obscure Large View Of The Sun From Jamaica, But Protect Your Eyes! - August 20, 2017
- 10 Persons Struck By Lightning At Mystic mountain - August 19, 2017
- Tropical Storm Harvey Being Monitored By ODPEM, Met Office - August 19, 2017
- Regulations Coming For Motorcycle Sale And Use (NRSC) - August 18, 2017
- Employment In Jamaica At All-Time High - August 18, 2017
- Bolt To Miss Opportunity To Play For Manchester United Due To Injury - August 17, 2017
- Jamaican Farm Worker Dies In Tractor Roll-Over Accident In Canada - August 17, 2017
- Elaine Thompson To Compete In Diamond League This Sunday - August 17, 2017