Forbes Magazine Ranks Jamaica 3rd Most Dangerous Place For Women Travellers
Forbes Magazine has ranked Jamaica as the third most dangerous place for women travellers.
The ranking was revealed in a recently published article based on a list of the 10 most dangerous places for solo female travellers by Trip.com.
In its publication about Jamaica, Forbes Magazine notes why Jamaica is perceived as a dangerous place for female travellers stating:
“Why it’s so dangerous: “Popular resorts are fairly safe but travelling beyond those borders will mean dealing with unwanted attention,” says Pond. Indeed, the State Department warns that violent crime is a serious problem throughout Jamaica, particularly in Kingston and Montego Bay.”
The magazine also warns that even if staying at a seemingly safe resort, travellers should beware.
According to the state department, the US Embassy received more than a dozen reports of sexual assaults against American visitors to Jamaica in a 12-month period.
Most of these took place at all-inclusive resorts; most were allegedly perpetrated by resort staff.
Trip.com also advised travellers on how to stay safe.
It notes that the Jamaican culture can be homophobic so females travelling with their girlfriends, should be very discreet.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- Jamaica Represented In IDB Development Work - May 26, 2018
- Reggae Boyz Fall Out Of Top 50 In Latest FIFA Rankings - May 26, 2018
- Sean Paul Announces Death Of His Father - May 25, 2018
- Ananda Alert Issued For Missing St Ann Teen - May 24, 2018
- Street Team Win ‘Clash 13’ Of Charles Chocolates Dancin’ Dynamites Competition - May 23, 2018
- Ignite IGL Foundation Brings Cheer To Riverton Meadows Early Childhood Centre - May 22, 2018
- Gasoline Retailers Express Concern As Fuel Prices Rise - May 22, 2018
- Security Forces Seize Masks, Firearms In Westmoreland - May 21, 2018
- Gov’t Considers Increasing Ethanol Percentage In Petrol - May 20, 2018
- Bayern Munich Reportedly Make €60 Million Offer For Jamaican Winger Leon Bailey - May 19, 2018