Forbes Magazine Ranks Jamaica 3rd Most Dangerous Place For Women Travellers
Forbes Magazine has ranked Jamaica as the third most dangerous place for women travellers.
The ranking was revealed in a recently published article based on a list of the 10 most dangerous places for solo female travellers by Trip.com.
In its publication about Jamaica, Forbes Magazine notes why Jamaica is perceived as a dangerous place for female travellers stating:
“Why it’s so dangerous: “Popular resorts are fairly safe but travelling beyond those borders will mean dealing with unwanted attention,” says Pond. Indeed, the State Department warns that violent crime is a serious problem throughout Jamaica, particularly in Kingston and Montego Bay.”
The magazine also warns that even if staying at a seemingly safe resort, travellers should beware.
According to the state department, the US Embassy received more than a dozen reports of sexual assaults against American visitors to Jamaica in a 12-month period.
Most of these took place at all-inclusive resorts; most were allegedly perpetrated by resort staff.
Trip.com also advised travellers on how to stay safe.
It notes that the Jamaican culture can be homophobic so females travelling with their girlfriends, should be very discreet.
Remember to share this article on Facebook and other Social Media Platforms. To submit your own articles or to advertise with us please send us an EMAIL at: [email protected]
- U-17 Reggae Girlz Out Of Contention For Women’s World Cup - October 23, 2017
- Bloody Weekend Sees Seven Killed In St James - October 22, 2017
- ‘A Lot’ Of Football Clubs Have Contacted Me – Usain Bolt - October 22, 2017
- 2018 FIFA World Cup Dream Still Alive For Jamaica’s Young Reggae Girlz - October 21, 2017
- Prolific Jamaican Striker Dane Kelly Earns Golden Boot Award In USL - October 20, 2017
- 91-Yr-Old Jamaican Man Killed, Wife Injured During Robbery In The US - October 19, 2017
- PM Gives Mount Salem ZOSO ‘B Plus’ Grade - October 19, 2017
- Several High Powered Weapons Seized at Newport West – JCF - October 18, 2017
- Reggae Boy Andre Blake Nominated For MLS Goalkeeper of the Year - October 18, 2017
- PM Declares Denham Town Second Zone of Special Operations - October 17, 2017